Carnifex

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Jojo
Executioner

Carnifex

Post by Jojo »

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/carnifex/1/

wow that carnifex looks awesome what do u think (cant wait to get one)

:lol: :P
hi
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Aawww... Looks nice indeed... That convinced me my 'Nids need a Carnifex or two :D It's not perfect (it brings gorillas to my mind :) ) but it's like dozen times better than the last one which actually looked bad!

Oi and BTW, thanks for the picture! :D
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Jojo
Executioner

Post by Jojo »

i dont like the newe tyrant gaurd though
hi
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Agreed. I dislike the new models in general (every one else praises 'em :) ) I do likeCarnifex. Tyrants do not look too brilliant either - it's more a jellyfish/octopus than a fearsome killingmachine with chitionous armour and scary big talons :? I'll go for the old model :) Same thing for the new Zoanthrope too, it is a bit TOO bulbous and such. It looks like it could get killed by a dart thrown to it :)
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

I really dislike the one with the devourers. At least it's not smiling like a big dumb hippo and at least it's not a box with 4 tentacles coming out (like the two previous ones). The venom cannon one doesn't look so bad, but they are the same model so I think it's just that the really tiny weapons look stupid on such a big guy. The new codex looks really good too... I may just have to save some of that Woodie money for 'Nids instead (especially since they're not a power armor army- yay! :D ).
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

What is that thing Arq? Is it just a concept sketch of a Carnifex or is it something else?
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Brood beast apparently. I think it looks like Cthulu though, hence CTHULU-NID
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

I really am growing to dislike all nid models. I had a commision army (which the guy backed out of, the dirty rat) so recently came into possession of about 3k worth of the blighters. The new ones don't tickle my fancy at all. Granted, they are vastly detailed, shoing great sculpting ability and skill/imagination, but honestly, I really don't like them. The carnifex in particular-what's with the bent over appearance? Looks like he needs a good chiropractor.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Mornar shethurith
Malekith's Speechwriter
Location: Probably throwing electronics around the room in frustration.

Post by Mornar shethurith »

Wow, that rocks! Its pose is much more dynamic than the last one...but whats up with those little crab claws? Though, the scything talons in the different picture look great.

I must be behind the times, cause I've never seen that new genestealer next to it either.
"Life is just getting ready to stay dead for a long time."
--Addie Bundren, As I Lay Dying
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

personally i like the new model, especially being a plastic sprue with so many options! far better than the last model, which royally sucked, tho i still love the original carny! the optional heads for the new genestealers look like dr zoyberg from futerama, not sure whats up witht atht, tho they dont look too bad, depends what the droolings for i guess, as for the tyrant guard, the new models arnt amazing, but imho they're vastly superior to the last models! the limited edition lictor also looks amazing!
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Psychologic
Assassin

Post by Psychologic »

It looks really cool. Now I'm considering to collect Tyranids force instead of a Raven Guard force... The carapaces just look awesome.

_SJ
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

should definately collect nids over space marines, as imho space marines are s***
Shaldekon
Shade

Post by Shaldekon »

I quite dislike the new Carnifex... It looks like my sister way too much !razz! :roll:

But seriously IMHO its too crouched.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I like the new carnifex a hell of a lot more than the previous version. Sadly I don't play 40K - so I need somebody to come up with a good and fluffy reason to use nid minis in fantasy ;)

The detail on these new nid models is just amazing - pity they don't put the same effort into their other stuff...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

It's a great figure... but Holy c#*&p the tyrant guard is ugly.
The genestealers are good. The Hive tyrant is good, but haven't really decided yet whether it's better than the previous.
The lictor is not as good as the previous one. The zoanthrope is great, though not very different from the current one(although much more detalied).
Psychologic
Assassin

Post by Psychologic »

Sadly I don't play 40K - so I need somebody to come up with a good and fluffy reason to use nid minis in fantasy

Big and huge NURGLE monsters! OR: Mutated Chaos worshipping Empire humans!

But, I don't think there are good 'n fluffy reason for them.

_SJ
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Silver_Jaden wrote:But, I don't think there are good 'n fluffy reason for them.

Yeah I already used 'nid bits to convert chaos spawns and similar stuff, but it'd be stretching it to field a carnifex I think.

That'd be one hell of a big spawn :shock:
The Dark Princess

Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

could you make a new army list for them, bring them in as a new unknown race from australia!
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Why not make the carnifex a chaos spawn? It could work... or as a deamon of something... *thinking*
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

well i like all the variations of the carnifex you can now have (although the tusked one looks goofy) and the the fact that it is now a plastic sprue is great...im forever regluing my current big nids....
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

DEArchon wrote:could you make a new army list for them, bring them in as a new unknown race from australia!

Hmmm - not a bad idea actually (although with all the other army lists I'm surrently working on I wouldn't hold my breath - Cathay, Southlands Tribes and a revised Chaos Dwarfs list are all in the works at the moment...)

(I was thinking about writing an Araby list too, but since skandalix has alreadsy made such a good one I'll get on with the other stuff first...)

@LordBelial: yeah all the nids will work creat as chaos spawns and other monstrosities, but a lot of them are a bit too big to use as anything other than a great monster. (Some of the bigger ones would make an interesting alternative to a dragon though - can you imagine Malekith riding a Carnifex ?)

Or what about the smaller ones (perhaps something like the gaunts) in place of cold ones - that might be a useful possibility if GW ever dump those stupid scaly dog things on us instead of our proper cold ones which at least look like the artwork...
The Dark Princess

Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

hormagaunts as cold ones! could be worth trying . . . i've got a few hormaguants flying round, and i'm getting some CoK in a couple of weeks, i mite paint up the horagaunt and a cold one rider, and temporarily pin them together, see what it looks like, i'll have to let you know how it goes
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

@DP: What about War Hydra? Carnifex would look good as a Hydra, wouldn't it?
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

I think it's a bit too fat to be a war hydra; it would look really wierd with such a long, slim base for a monster with wide girth and very little length. The head could be nice for converting, though. :D