Ogryns

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Yarbon
Shade
Location: Trying to think of some, smart-ass gay deep comment to put here. (that was deep and smart-ass)

Ogryns

Post by Yarbon »

What do you think of using ogrekingdoms ogres for ogryns? I think the normal ones look crappy, but there are new possibilities with the ogre kingdoms.
"For the shadows comes the most honorable kill"
The Infamous Dark Elf Assassin

Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

In terms of the models themselves, they'd fit well enough. Since ogryns and ogres are practically the same thing, all it would take is a bit of conversion to put the rippa guns on the ogres (not difficult; just patch up any mistakes or loose bits with green stuff). Whether or not you should be taking ogryns in the first place, that's a whole nother story. ;) :roll:
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Black Gobbo or the UK GW website (can't remember which, but it doesn't much matter) had an article on converting OK bulls to ogryns. It requires a bit of GSing and co., but it yields good results (you get an ogre with the Sergeant Schaeffer look).
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Deathrain-commander
Executioner

Post by Deathrain-commander »

Just use some SM and IG parts added onto some Ogre Kingdoms models
Lording over a dead universe IS a lifelong dream of mine.
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=39077
The Catmen are upon us!
Patrizzo
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Patrizzo »

If you want the "murderous 30 ogryn"-army I think you should convert the ogres from OK ... I for one allready had about 12 ogryns (old-style) and those doesn't fit well with the much larger ones from OK ...

@pmpn8ez: 30 Ogryns aint that bad ... 780 points (incl. boneheads) is ok for 90 wounds at T4 I think ... ;)

//Patrizzo
Pulchritudo in oculis spectatore est ...
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

90 wounds, which get blown off 3 at a time to heavy weapons fire, plus the countless small arms that would be coming at them. I'm not saying Ogryns are terrible, but they're not what they could be and there are certainly better bangs for your buck in the IG list.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»