1500/2000 Points of Witch Hunters

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

1500/2000 Points of Witch Hunters

Post by Alkkrision »

When I get 1500 points of 'nids (which should be soon after the codex is released), I'm planning on starting a Witch Hunter army.

I am a keen follower of the Ordo Hereticus (being that my Inquisitor warband is a monodominant Ordo Hereticus warband), and I fully intend on bulking the army out with plenty of female followers (ie. plenty of sisters of battle, no imperial guard/space marine allies and such). Now I'm just wondering if any of you out there also play Witch Hunters, and if so, if any lists could be posted just to give me a general idea of what a Witch Hunter army should/could look like.

Many thanks :).
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

So apparently no one plays Witch Hunters then?? I've got a pretty good idea of what I want, but I do need to see some lists. Someone please post?? :(
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Hello. I don't play WHs, so I don't know how much help I can be to you, but since no one else posted I'll give my thoughts. I do like the Ordo Hereticus more than the others (very sinister and evil-esque :twisted: ), so I can see the appeal in playing with them. If you're going the SoB route, my personal suggestion would be to stick with guns and stay away from big walking fake dreadnoughts or naked ladies with loin cloths and big chainsaws. The reason for this is that, as powerful in combat as they are, they are easy to take down with shooting and even once they get in combat, they aren't anywhere near invulnerable (as the case would much more be if you were to have a SM dreadnought, for example). You'll be at a bit of a lack for anti-tank equipment just as all other Ordo armies are (Malleus and Hereticus alike) so I would suggest keeping this in mind; you'll definetely want meltabombs on squad leaders and at least 1 unit of seraphim armed with them as well. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help; I just don't play them... (yet :twisted: ).
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Violatorx
Executioner

Post by Violatorx »

i play WH and so does my freind though we both play vary different lists...

if you want a good powerful list with units that are survivable and able to dish out average damage get alist full of sisters and excorcists...
List:
Canoness:whatever wargear you want
celestians: 5 with flamer and heavy flamer
Immolator:heavy flamers(for celestians)
Troops
20 sisters of battle:storm bolters
10 sisters of battle:any weapon
Fast attack
7 Seraphim with melta bombs
Heavy support
excorcist

this list will be around 1000 pts so you can muck around with it heaps but its a good basis for an army that is very balanced

My variant list:
Inquisitor lord:heaps of henchmen and items
Elite
12 sisters repentia
callidus assasin
6 arco flaggelants
Troops
10 sisters
5 stormtroopers
5 stormtroopers
Fast attack
10 seraphim
Heavy support
3 penitent engines
immolator
orbital strike

as you can see it is more ordos hereticus based and less sister based and so is harder to play and requires more tactics but still lets you muck around
anyways thats a start but only play the 2nd list if you are brave and enjoy random games with high hitting power but almost no survivability power
Jesus loves you. The rest of us think you're an idiot