Are Necrons cheesy..?

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Deathrain-commander
Executioner

Post by Deathrain-commander »

Necrons are just like any army just with a few cool abilities. They can be cheesy if you play that way. The only time I've found Necrons cheesy is when I'm playing this guy who brings 3 Monoliths in 1000+ or 1 in 500 (I'm not joking). Then it's not them that are cheesy but they player
Lording over a dead universe IS a lifelong dream of mine.
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=39077
The Catmen are upon us!
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

That's just a stupid player, you only have to kill about 60 pts of warriors to win the game then (at 50). That's about five warriors.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Lord doyok
Warrior

Post by Lord doyok »

yeah.. that is stupid.. not cheesy.
one thing to remember when building necron..phase out.. 3 monolith is just plain stupid

How did you beat an IG player so easily. Did he not have many tanks?

we played 1k. he brings 2 Leman Russ seperated in each flank. Like Darmort said, gauss weaponry glances at 6. so even with warriors, they'll suffer at least 1 glancing hit per round. i manage to do more each round. that's how.

as to his infantries. my scarabs and wraith took care of them. he totally ignored my scarabs, aiming only towards my Necron units to cause phase out. one thing about scarabs, they can turbo boost. if u ignore them, by turn 2 they'll probably be inside your line creating havoc.. especially against IG or Tau, they sure can kill fast. that's what'll happen when u underestimate something as small as a beetle.. ;)
"I'm a gambler, a farmboy, and I'm here to take command of your bloody army"-Mat Cauthon
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

most say I hate scarba swarms, they once killed my lord and 4 of his terminator body guards, rolling like crap dident realy help them(leater I won that game by phase out bacose 2 powrfist armed champion made it to the necrons)

for necrons i cant say they are to hard to beat(my csm both shoot harder then them and fight better in close combat). the necrons lack of heavy weapons and power weapons/fists in normal sqauds are ther main weakness IMO, the phase out dont realy help them ether
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Lord doyok
Warrior

Post by Lord doyok »

okay..this is new..last saturday.. my elder brother use my necron army to play against his friend, an ulthwe player in 2k games. my bro didn't take monolith, but included the Nightbringer. he scored a massacre!! wait till i finish my monolith, Nightbringer model is a must have..!!
"I'm a gambler, a farmboy, and I'm here to take command of your bloody army"-Mat Cauthon
Shastar
Warrior

Post by Shastar »

Lord Doyok wrote:okay..this is new..last saturday.. my elder brother use my necron army to play against his friend, an ulthwe player in 2k games. my bro didn't take monolith, but included the Nightbringer. he scored a massacre!! wait till i finish my monolith, Nightbringer model is a must have..!!

Nightbringer is pts sink!!! If you have N and Monolith in your army you will phase out as soon as ....
Be serious, i will ignore your Nightbringer and kill Necrons ( you phase out ) as simply as that.( and I play Ulthwe with 6 starcannons and 3 brightlances and some angry girls with power weapons )...
Lord doyok
Warrior

Post by Lord doyok »

i don't mean to field him in my army along with monolith.. although new, still not that stupid.. ;).. maybe in some 2k game just for fun. but for sure he is a cool model. that's why i want im so bad. my brother's win only make im looks more attractive to be had. something that slays an avatar, then killed a wraithlord and destroyed a seer council. that is a must have for me.
Khorax'zut
Trainee Warrior
Location: Sitting in front of a computer, wasting my life (What fun!!!)

Post by Khorax'zut »

I'm a very experienced Necron player and recently i played with a Deceiver. I was phased out really fast !frown!
Don't use a C'tan of monolith, use models with the necron ability
Evil? I call it Motivated!
Lord doyok
Warrior

Post by Lord doyok »

I'm a very experienced Necron player and recently i played with a Deceiver. I was phased out really fast .

to bad for you.. !lol! how many points do you play? for me, even though i like him so much.. i won't field him in any 1.5k game. Though i might field a monolith, with lots of warriors. and of course, my favourite unit-scarabs. for 2k games, i might follow my brother's step and take a nightbringer and ditch the monolith. after all, 2k games is more for fun to me where we may take those units that we don't usually able to field. might even try out those pariah. Have You used them yet. how'd they fare? I can't even come up with how to play them.