Beil Tan Firewind tournament list

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Jonathan =i=
Slave on the Altar

Beil Tan Firewind tournament list

Post by Jonathan =i= »

Beil Tan Fire wind Tournament List

HQ

Farseer - with guide fortune and singing spear and runes of witnesing– 113 pts (rides in the serpent)

Troops

10 Warp spiders Exarch with withdraw – 250 pts

10 Warp spiders Exarch with withdraw – 250 pts

10 Warp spiders – 220 pts

8 fire dragons - Mounted in a waveserpent with twin linked bright lances - 261pts

6 Fire Dragons – 102 pts

6 Fire Dragons – 102 pts

Fast Attack

Vyper - starcannon - 65pts

Vyper - starcannon - 65pts

Heavy support

1 Falcon Grav-Tank
Linked Shuriken Catapults; starcannon; Pulse Laser
Holo-Field
Spirit Stone - 190pts

1 Falcon Grav-Tank
Holo-Field
Spirit Stone - 190 pts

1 Falcon Grav-Tank
Holo-Field
Spirit Stone - 190pts

Total 1998
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Yes...and no. I can see it being nasty, but I can also see it getting torn to shreds if those fire dragons come up against something which can take a bit of pain.

Why no spirit stones on your farseer? I think having both powers on the turn they jump out would be exceptionally useful.

And no escalation in this tournament? ;)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

The biggest problem that I see with this list is the lack of close combat. Even if this list is fast and mobile, you are going to have to deal with things in combat. I can see an Imperial Guard with 3 battle tanks having fun against you. They will be able to take down your fire dragons before you can use them.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

As much as I love warp spiders, and after using them in DoW I definetley do, taking so many is most likely not worth it. I'd suggest max 2 units of 8 or so and adding a few an exarch with firepike to those FD units (but keep the size to 6 for transport, of course). I'd also advise not spending an absolute ton of points on your grav-tanks (read as: no holo-fields, probably don't need stones either). I'd spend all those points on howling banshees or scorpions so you had at least some combat power; it may even be worth giving them that serpent instead, or getting a second serpent.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»