Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Dark Eldar getting redone? 
Malekith's Best Friend

Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Along with the many rumors of our DE getting a new book, it is also rumored that our 40K brethern will be getting an update as well. Shortly it's rumored that after the Ruinous Powers book, the next 40k army will be Dark Eldar. Although I've only heard people whisper this at my hobby shop.
I think the Dark Eldar BADLY need to get redone, not that their list is horrible, it's just that there are few ways to play them well, (I just keep seeing the same strategy over and over at tournaments) and their book still says 2nd edition on it.

Also, I just think it would be cool for my two DE armies to get redone in the same year. YEAR OF DARKNESS!!!

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 pm
Assassin

Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch
yes from what ive been able to determine our new DE book will be out before the end of the year.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile YIM
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

There has been talk of the end of 2008 or early 2009. There are however few solid rumours.
The only things I´ve heard is that codex will stay very much the same style as they are, which is very good IMO.
Also, 100% new models are in the making. This is rumours of course and quite loose at that but that is whats been said.

Cheers

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 pm
Death Jester

I think its pretty sure that they will get one. Its rumoured to happen, and, after 10years, they need it.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Malekith's Best Friend

I've alos heard two different model rumors, both "All models" and "no models" getting redon.

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 pm
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

I've alos heard two different model rumors, both "All models" and "no models" getting redon.

If no models are getting done, the codex isn't getting done ;).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:17 am
Malekith's Personal Guard

There is little in the way of solid rumour for Dark Eldar right now but from what I have heard they will get a codex update by the end of the year, but becuase the entire range needs to be redone essentially, that models will not all be done with the codex.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 am
Malekith's Best Friend

What is it excactly? something like 10,000 man hours to sculpt, mold and copy a model onto sprues? something rediculus like that. So if a lot of Dark Eldar models were getting redone than it might be hard to keep all that work secret, but maybe they just haven't started yet...

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:54 pm
Noble

Up at my local games workshop it was mentioned that it may be released as a white dwarf update, like the dark angels rules. thought i'd add that one, doesn't really effect me, im just normal eldar

WS5 / S4 / T5 / D4 / I4

Equipment - Repeater crossbow, double-bladed spear, Light Armour, Heavy armour, helm, spiky vambraces, (stored: Zukhil sword, Shield)
Skills - Awareness, basic heal
Other: 1831gc, The Dragons Eye Amulet, Talisman of light, Healing Talisman, 15x healing balms, boots, gloves, woolen cloak, hatchet, backpack, rope, a Flint and Tinder, bedroll.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:08 am

So if a lot of Dark Eldar models were getting redone than it might be hard to keep all that work secret, but maybe they just haven't started yet...

If they do plan on working on them this year or the start of next they likely haven't made much past the early draft idea yet so don't worry.

Quote:
Up at my local games workshop it was mentioned that it may be released as a white dwarf update, like the dark angels rules

I think you mean Blood Angels, but yes I have heard a similiar idea floating around. This was tied in as it would be a list update rather then a full redo to tide over DE till they received a full update when models were completed.

With so many releases between fantasy and 40K this past year and pending this year as well, rumours for more recent items is being hyped more.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:09 am
Shadowdancer

bikeninja wrote:
(I just keep seeing the same strategy over and over at tournaments) and their book still says 2nd edition on it.
It's the second version of the third edition codex. To all intents and purposes they didn't exist in second edition.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Beastmaster

scroll down a little

http://www.laposadadelfriki.com/

looking good to me :P

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:45 am
Malekith's Best Friend

Well that's all chaos stuff... wait! Homonculus! There is still hope!

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 pm
Assassin

I'm very sorry to say, but those haemonculus where in the "unreleased" section, with an eldar vident and a space marine captain...

that at least is what is said over the warseer forum (i'm not in spain, so i didn't went to the GD)

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:25 am

From the small shot there they still look like pretty good models. It wold be a shame to scrap them unless they are designing something better.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:49 am
Beastmaster

damm thats a shame! anyways heres a better photo, and go through the album for lots of other great stuff fantasy and 40k

http://picasaweb.google.com/kakalakambeki/GamesDaySpain2008/photo#5168709828134586130

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 pm
Slave (off the Altar)

Location: That there dark cave *points*, but on weekends you can find me at outpost #31
Hopefully DE wont go the same way as the squat through lack of support and interest...but those haemonculi give me hope that one day we will enslave the galaxy and look good whilst doing so....

"I Win Button - 100 points, Highborns only" ~ hyetemplar

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:44 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

well GW said that they would never cut a race again. after squats and (almost) chaos dwarfs there were too many complaints. And after DoW soulstorm, their popularity might pick up. But it is official, all DE stuff is bitz order only...

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:57 am
Cold One Knight

The DE should be getting redone by at least the end of next year. I do not believe they should be redone too badly. Their current list is, to be completely honest, amazing. If you put the right army together, it is near unbeatable. Sure they don't have much in options, but so what? They have all the units they need. The few things that should be redone are grotesques, scourges and warriors in a raider (should be able to take a pistol and a hand weapon instead of just splinter rifles). There are a few others but that is the main thing. They are simply an amazing army and require extreme skill to play effectively.

I was thinking about restarting them when they do the new book, but they may trash them.

Oh, and there should be at least a few new models. There are new pics of haemonculi on other websites. Although they look almost the same.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:40 am
Malekith's Best Friend

Huh... what's that... an eldar cross-bred with a necron?
NO! It's new Dark Eldar Art!
okay, that's it, that's all we get for 10 years...

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 am
Slave (off the Altar)

Location: That there dark cave *points*, but on weekends you can find me at outpost #31
@ Swab: The dark eldar rules are ok, other than a lack of infiltrating troops and the likes, its the models that need redoing, they re not exactly the best looking ones (which is ironic given the generic quote from the army book about how a dark eldar army is amazing to look at on and off shelf, its in every army book that quote!)

@bikeninja: Maybe the new rulebook will contain model images as teasers to get our hopes up....

"I Win Button - 100 points, Highborns only" ~ hyetemplar

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:54 am
Assassin

Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch
yes it's only been about a decade or so since the last DE codex. (im not including that pathetic 2nd edition attempt with nothing extra in it but vehicle upgrades)

but on the plus side its due out just after the release of the lastest 40k rule book so maybe that'll help.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Actually 2nd edition made Dark Eldar a viable close combat army with the wych upgrade... previously they were bound to their boats... and doomed to fall under bolter fire.
Yes, Dark Eldar badly need an upgrade since as it is there's only one way for them to win... no versatility whatsoever.

Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:30 am
Highborn

So after reading all of these posts we know that DE should be redone, that there is a chance that GW is looking into redoing them and that the army still has a following.

So we can conclude the following: GW will most likely do one of two things, change the army into a completely different army with the number of changes they make to the rules and units or do nothing ;). However I hope these rumors turn out to be true, I love the Dark Eldar army. Also, at my game store there are alot of people who have dark eldar or at least want to see them be brought up to date. So I do have personal reasons to belive that they have enough support.

-crazyhorse

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:18 am
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

I have many personal confirmations from reliable sources that Dark Eldar will be redone.
No one was able (no that they weren't allowed, they just didn't know for sure) to tell me when will that happen.

Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next