5th edition changes

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

most excellent. It looks like my Dark Eldar might fair a little better if their transports don't blow-up so easily.
Bookmarked (cause I can't afford the new edition for the next few months!)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
The griefbringer
Cold One Knight

Post by The griefbringer »

GW is exaggerating a bit about Raiders not dying as easily. Sure, it won't die on a glance, but with SMF gone and the +1 to the table for Open Topped, they are still going to drop like flies to any S5 firepower or better.

That said, I guess they *are* a bit better off than before. That just isn't saying very much at all.
"Since men love at their own pleasure and fear at the pleasure of the prince, a wise prince should build his foundation upon that which belongs to him, not upon that which belogs to others."

--Machiavelli

Raiding Tally: 173 Slaves, 15 Banners
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

With paper-mache tanks transporting my troops, I'll take any help I can get.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thanks a lot, very instructive indeed.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

This was very informative. I am especialy glad for the assault units no longer wiping out gun lines. This killed my Tau on a regular basis.

I am concerned wit hthe vehicle changes though as I prefer to use mobility and shooting.
Derikari
Shade

Post by Derikari »

It depends on what vehicle you are talking about. Ones that use ordnance now have no penalty for moving and shooting their big gun. You will, however, want to stay clear of infantry now. All attacks vs WS-less vehicles in melee now strike the rear armour.