5th edition fluff *SPOILERS*

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

5th edition fluff *SPOILERS*

Post by Kefka »

So I picked up the hardcover 5th edition book a couple of days ago and have been reading some of the fluff. there are a few good bits in there, but some armies certainly get a lot more attention than others (space marines and guard, obviously).
One of the things I find interesting is the timeline they put in. It has some cool background ideas for personal fluff or campaigns. But what really hit me was this:
986999.M41 - Tech Priests discover failures in the mechanisms of the Golden Throne that are beyond their ability to repair.

Is the Emperor dying? (Well he was before, now it's just happening a lot faster) What could this mean for the Imperium? Or the army books for Space Marines and Imperial Guard? Things could get very interesting in the future.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Elven prince
Dark Rider

Post by Elven prince »

Are you going to focus on Imperial factions? If not I'd like to hear what did the new edition bring to Eldar.

Beware the Beast of Pirates Bay!
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Any changes to inquisition fluff??
Overmind
Beastmaster

Post by Overmind »

I would alos be ineterested in Eldar materiel.
Les yuex sans le vie
Les magots ont infesté cadaver
Montagne du crane
Quelque du chose mon favorite.....
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

Well, about this failure in The Throne....
Nothing really will change, the timeline is not moving forward any more. Those little changes are to make world even more darker, grimmer and without a hope....
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Elven prince wrote:Are you going to focus on Imperial factions? If not I'd like to hear what did the new edition bring to Eldar.

I don't know much about eldar, unfortunately, so I'm not sure what's changed or been "uncovered"

sulla wrote:Any changes to inquisition fluff??

So I was totally expecting Dark Eldar to get no mention in the 5th Ed. book, but other than a few model pics, Daemon hunters and sisters of battle are no where to be seen! There is a timeline that happens to mention them in a few 2 sentence passages, but that's about it... I have not read all the imperial fluff yet though, they just don't have an army section.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior