1000 points of Dark Eldar for Iron Man tournament

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

1000 points of Dark Eldar for Iron Man tournament

Post by Kefka »

I have a small Iron Man tournament coming up, 3 rounds. Everyone has to take a different armies though, and most of mine were taken and I'm using Dark Eldar.
I'm not too confident about using them in this kind of tournament, I use the boat strategy (stick warriors in raiders and rush 'em down the field to charge 1st turn) but this is hit or miss, and I'll either massacre or be massacred.
A few ideas I had were:
1: have my Archon an a Skyboard, tooled out with shadow field, etc, causing havoc around the board.
2: a Talols or Two
3:a unit or two of warriors with dark lances hekd back to deal with tanks
4: maybe a Haemonculi with grotesques in a raider.

What would you guys do?

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

once was enough ;) (you double posted)

Im thinking of coming back to 40k probably when dark eldar get a new range since i dont see much to come back to in the meantime - though from what i understand of the new changes you now roll for mission and theres a 50/50 chance you will end up going after objectives, in which case your raiders idea will definately work.

I faced dark eldar with my old marines more than once and at the time at least, the talos was the scaryest thing on the board to me. 2 of them? definately :D
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

sorry for the double post, My internet died when I was trying to post the topic. I deleted it.

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Okay, a quick list I came up with, not much to it, just for fun.

Arcon - 60
skyboard -15
hell maks -5
Combat Drugs - 25
Tormentor Helm - 5
SSA - 10
Trophy Rack - 5
Animus Vitae - 15
Punisher - 20
shadow field - 25
gruesom talisman - 2
haywire grenades - 4
= 191

Haemonculus - 25
stinger - 5
8 Grotesques - 120
raider - 55
Night Shiled - 15
Trophy Rack - 10
Torture Amp - 10
Horrorfex - 5
scaling nets -5

10 warriors - 80
2 dark Lances - 20

10 warriors - 80
sybarite - 6
Combat drugs - 25
SSA - 10
Trophy Rack - 5
Goblet of Spite - 5
Hell mask 5
Gruesom Talisman -2
power weapon - 15
raider - 55
Night Shiled - 15
Trophy Rack - 10
Torture Amp - 10
Horrorfex - 5
scaling nets -5
=253

Ravager - 105
Talos - 100

total - 1999

well? any Suggestions?

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

I tried the list in a few games today, one against a destroyer heavy necron list, and against a genestealer heavy tyranid list. It didn't go to well in either game. I went second in both games and found my transports in smoldering ruins before they got to do anything, same with the raider. My Talos was spectacular, along with the Archon and both Warrior units (as long as I got the raider unit in combat). The groutesks/hamonculus never saw any action, so they might sit the tournament out and make room for another combat unit.

The tournament will contain 5th edition rules, so things may go a little different for me. I'll try playing with those rules (and an altered list) next week