1750 eldar

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Godlikeii
Executioner

1750 eldar

Post by Godlikeii »

Hey all, been gone from warhammer for about 2-3 yaers and iching to make a warhammer and 40k army .. so i think im gonna go for lizzies and eldar...
I looked in the army book and made a 1750 points list (which is what they pla with at my local GW now) and i got all the units i rly like into it... so here goes

- HQ - 155

- Troops - 582

- 10 Guardians 80
- Starcannon
Total: 105

- 10 Guardians 80
- Starcannon
Total: 105

- 12 Guardians 96
- Bright lance
Total: 126

- 12 Guardians 96
- Bright lance
Total: 126

- 5 Rangers 95
- Pathfinders
Total: 120

- Elite - 487

- 6 Howling Banshees 96
- Exarch
- Executioner
Total: 118

- 5 WraithGuard 175
- Warlock
- SpiritSeer
- Conceal
Total: 221

- 6 Striking Scorpions 96
- Exarch
- Scorpions Claw
- Stalker
- ShadowStrike
Total: 148

- Heavy Support - 522

- Falcon Gravtank 115 (banshee's go here)
- Holo Field
- Spirit Stones
- Starcannon
- Shuriken Cannon
Total: 195

- WraithLord 90
- WraithSword
- Starcannon
Total: 130

- 5 Dark Reapers 175
- Exarch
- Crack Shot
Total: 197

Total: 1746
Models: 71

So What you think? think it will be any good if i get experienced using it? :o
i did get all the models i rly wanted into it.. except autarch and \ or farseer, but after looking at them in the book.. state wise, i didnt rly want to take one :o
Chaos = Charge.. no tactics... :D
El_wacko
Slave on the Altar

Post by El_wacko »

It's not a bad list, but there are some points that i would like to point out to you. I am not quite to sure about the amount of guardians that you have, maybe throw in another unit of 5 pathfinders or have a unit of jetbikes so you can quickly get to objectives.
Your falcon doesn't really need the starcannon, as it will be moving most of the time and that the pulse laser is a stronger weapon. Having a scatter laser or something on the lines of that will give you a weapon against a mass of men.
The last thing is that with some points saved you could give your dark reaper exarch a tempest launcher, which might look bad, but with crack shot it re-rolls failed wounds which it might pick up against space marines.
"Those big guys in black armour are a bit tough, aren't they. I will go and negociate a treaty with their commander. It is that guy in that large armour, with the long sword and the big claw, right? How do they call him, Aba...?"
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

*what he said*

i would definatly remove a squad of guardians, possibly two. lots of people don't play with them at all, but its nice to have some meat to take some shots.

Jetbikes are useful for objective like said, but also to just get in the way. units of 3 with a cannon are the way to go.

pathfinders have loads of uses. the rending and ap1 ranger long rifles can make those sneaky heavy armoured troops an option, and there great for pinning down low ld troops.

i would boost up your SS though. i find 6 works, but not as often at 8 or more. although they then have to work harder to get there points bk, but that's not usually much of a problem: there a great unit!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Godlikeii
Executioner

Post by Godlikeii »

hehe thx for the replies

I took so many guardian units to get the heavy weapons :o i kinda like it.. but i yeah i could drop a unit for more snipers... i guess :o less to paint as well

hmm, more SS.. yeah first i made the list with 8 actually, but then i thought, you get 6 in the box.. smaller unit = easyer to hide them.. + the exarch is the real power in the unit, the others are more like meatshields for him to get into CC :) but yeah I'll consider it, even tho a unit of 6 looks so cool :) hehe

bright lances? really? man i hate the models.. so ugly :S but i guess I'll take another look at them... i did also consider vipers.. but well didnt have the points :S
Chaos = Charge.. no tactics... :D
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

by bright lances do you mean jetbikes?

lots of people use vipers, they seem to work well. personally i use walkers instead of tanks and vipers, they fit my army nicely (all 'walking', although jetbikes have recently entered in).
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Loki
Brolock
Brolock

Post by Loki »

Don't underestimate large units of scorpions. In my last game against Orks, one 10 man unit with exarch managed to kill about 35 orks before they kicked the bucket. Of course, you're looking at a 200-ish point unit, so you need them to get into combat quickly, but I've never had any real problem hiding 10 of them.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

FAQ
El_wacko
Slave on the Altar

Post by El_wacko »

To be honest i haven't really used scorpians, because whenever i have used them they don't fit in to my army or they get shot to bits. At my shop nobody really has a closecombat army, the people who do play with overpowered lists. Vipers seem to do ok, send them off tank hunting with a brightlance.
"Those big guys in black armour are a bit tough, aren't they. I will go and negociate a treaty with their commander. It is that guy in that large armour, with the long sword and the big claw, right? How do they call him, Aba...?"
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

SS with shadow strike really don't have much to worry about. a unit of 10 means that you can survive shooting from one turn if you don't get first turn, other wise with movement, running and assault you should be in combat straight away. with there increased armour save (compared with other eldar), there pretty tough, so i can't see what the problem is.