Orks, 1750p

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Rangeltoft
Noble

Orks, 1750p

Post by Rangeltoft »

Hello to you all, back once again with a new list that I would like to try out.

While I love my radical daemonhunters, they are rather weak and since I fore once have a bunch of cash over, I have decided to get another 40k army. The choice was not simple, but atleast I narrowed it down to two choices, Orks or SM. While the new SM dex sounds very impressive, orks is a race that I love in 40k, both fluff and rules. So in the end The Green Beasts won.

now for the list it self:

Army Size: 1750p

HQ:

Warboss:
Weapons: Power Klaw & Slugga
Wargear:Attack Squig,Cybork Body,'Eavy Armour,Bosspole
= 120p

Elites:
Burna Boyz (9+2):
2 Meks with Big Shootas
= 165p

Kommandos (9+1):
Weapons:Slugga & Choppa
2 with Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Slugga & Power Klaw, Bosspole
= 160p

Troops:
Ork Slugga Boyz (19+1):
2 with Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Power Klaw & Slugga
= 175p

Ork Shoota Boyz (19+1):
Weapons:Shootas
2 with Big Shootas
= 130p

Ork "Trukk" Boyz (11+1):
1 with Big Shoota
Nob with Power Klaw & Slugga, Bosspole
= 117p
Trukk with Rokkit Launcha,Red Paint Job, Stikkbomb Chukka, Reinforced Ram
= 55p

Meganobz (5):
Weapons:Power Klaws & Twin-linked Shootas
= 200p
Trukk with Rokkit Launcha,Red Paint Job, Reinforced Ram
= 50p

Fast Attack:
Warbikers (4+1):
Weapons:Coppa & Slugga, Dakkagun
Nob with Power Klaw & Slugga, Dakkagun, Bosspole
= 165p

Heavy Support:
Battlewagon:
Upgrades:Killkannon,Red Paint Job,Armour Plates,Grot Riggers,Stickbomb Chukka
= 175p

Looted Wagon:
Upgrades:Boomgun,Grot Riggers,Armour Plate,'Ard Case
= 130p

3 Big Gunz: Zzap Guns,3 Ammo Runts, 3 Additional Krew = 108p

Model Count: 93
Tanks: 4

This is my frist ork list since the begining of third ed, and mostly based around what models I have ( in 40k Orks and random bits from both fantasy and other 40k armies).

Most of the units in the list can be changed, except for the Looted Wagon seen as I already have a nice converted looted wagon gathering dust. But small changes can be made to it nontheless, but it wont be dropped.

Im not so sure about the kommandos, all in all I like them, but those points could be invested in some other units, that might bring alot more the list as a whole, for instance: Another bikers unit, a unit of lootas, a unit of stormboyz or some koptas. any ideas?

The Zzap Gunz is another thorn in my side, I like them but Im not sure that they are really that good, might be better of with something esle.

So there you go, C&C is as always welcome

/Cheers Rangeltoft
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Grab a Pain Boy. Stick him in the biggest/ most important unit. Feel no Pain on orx is a massive pain in the ass.

Also the zzap guns should be changed with Defguns. They are so versatile as they can mow down troops or take out light- medium armour vehicles, plus they can have 3 shots each.
Rangeltoft
Noble

Post by Rangeltoft »

Thanks for the reply.

The only way to get a painboy for any unit is to include the mad dok, and neither me or my friends are that hot on using special characters for normal games.

As for Lootas, if I'm going to include them I think that I would drop the kommandos for them instead of the Zzap guns, since the Zzap guns are the only thing in the list that I (more or less) can count on dealing with AV 14 stuff, and all the marine (both sm & csm) I face right now uses LR's..

But I agree that the Lootas are really nice, will have to ponder that one for a bit.

/Cheers Rangeltoft