The Red Corsairs

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

The Red Corsairs

Post by Kinslayer »

Hey again 40k players, you might remember my post about Assault on Black Reach where i mentioned restarting the game after about 2 years of sole-dedication to fantasy. Now that i am up for starting 40k again, what with the new book and whatnot, i had to decide a race. At first i thought orks or marines because, no doubt, of the armies being included in the new set. But then i realised i prefer Chaos (as i used to play them most too) over both these armies.

My only local gaming friend in the village who doesnt really play much but has a small world eaters army, led by a bloodthirster (we havent played since 3rd edition codex okay!) and he has a defiler too. Its going to take me a while to catch up to him, so i need to plan my army out. So, i settled on my army: Chaos. What now? I need a legion. I looked through the legions available (not a fan of creating my own) and Night Lords, Emperors Children and Red Corsairs appealed to me the most. I realised i probably only liked the Emperors Children because of the aweomse Lucious model, but otherwise deteste their fluff and weird faces. Night Lords are cool, and their fluff is awesome, but im not 100% sure on the helmets and if i could paint the lightning well.

So, I decided Red Corsairs. In fact, i think what was swung it for me in the end most of all was the colour scheme. Red and Black the two greatest colours in existance! Hence why my Druchii were also these colours. So now i want to gather up as much information as possible on the Red Corsair chapter, their leader Huron Blackheart and everything else. I am lucky enough to have, by chance, kept the white dwarf edition from the chaos release which contains a painting guide for the legion and character.

Heck, i like to ramble on these days. Any information please do post it up!
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

Read the Chaos Codex story of the Wolf of Fenris. It details a Red Corsair raid on a Space Wolf strike cruiser. Also pick up the last 3 months of White Dwarf or at least read them as Matt Hutson is doing a Red Corsair Army for a Tale of Four Gamers and is currently tied first in points.

I myself have a Thousand Sons army and still haven't got the codex even though I started back in January... :roll:. So sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

There's a two-page story on the Astral Claws turning renegade and such in the Cities of Death expansion.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks guys, i will look for those magazines and books now. I think i have at least two of the recent white dwarfs actually, didnt bother looking at a tale of four gamers until now.