What would you like to see from the Horus Heresy?

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Zzug
Trainee Warrior

What would you like to see from the Horus Heresy?

Post by Zzug »

I just caught up on reading the Horus Heresy books and have enjoyed most of them. I am excited for the next two books as well (mechanicum and the short stories).
But I was wondering what other people were hoping to see from the series. I was hoping for something better with the Word Bearers than what we got out of Battle for the Abyss. Like their history and what happened when they turned over to Chaos, Logar being tainted and coming up with the whole scheme. That would be a really good book, I believe.

What other Horus Heresy stories would you guys like to hear?
Last edited by Zzug on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

I wish it became a movie or something :D
Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

I'm with Demetrius - a movie or sci-fi series would be absolutely awesome!!!

U
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

Thousand Sons! Always the red-headed stepchild of GW mythology and army books :(
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Fiffyfu
Slave on the Altar

Post by Fiffyfu »

I think it would be cool if GW released some ld edition models, not for gaming but purely for display, like the gotrek and felix display (last year?)

other than that, yes a sci-fi series would be wikid if done right, i think a movie would be 2 short to get across everything to someone whos not familiar with 40k and the HH
Living life inside a bubble
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Thats why it would be done on the Horus Heresy as there is less to explain compared to the 41st millenium, and it would probably have to be a trilogy.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I'm going to agree with Brad. Thousand Sons - preferably an account of the fall of Prospero and the build up to it. However, I am not holding my breath, as anything related to Tzeentch is always at the bottom of GW's production list.
Rangeltoft
Noble

Post by Rangeltoft »

The Battle of Prospero is in the works, will be two books, one from the puppies point of view and one from the sons, Abnett and macnill(or how you spell his name) will be the authors. Really looking forward for those two books.

Would also love to see something on Iron Warriors and Night Lords, since both those legions has a very tradgic reason for turning to Horus.. lets just hope they dont mess it up like they did with Legion..
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I think Legion was pretty good, and the only decent book since Flight of the Eisenstein.(And it mentioned squats, that was pretty funny)

I agree that Word Bearers need a book to show how they turned to Chaos first, and then schemed how to turn the others. Battle for the Abyss was abysmal and doesn't deserve to see the light of day. I was excited for it, but then it turned out to be rather pointless. They even left a fair chunk of loose ends, but I don;t want to let out any spoilers.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Cripple
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Cripple »

I agree with you Kefka, Lorgar could definitely use some light shone on him. Peraps they could also write some fluff for Corax, that would be interesting (I mean, there has to be some interesting things about the Raven Guard, right?)
Sons of Naggoroth! help these dragons!
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

All the primarchs need to have some light shed on them, but a Leman vs Magnus book would kick ass. I think they should let slip more information on the 2 missing chapters too, such as maybe a hint to what they were like or why they were removed from history...
Cripple
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Cripple »

Ahhh... right! Leman vs. Magnus. And me a loyal Thousand Sons fan! How could I forget to mention that.
Sons of Naggoroth! help these dragons!