Started Reading Mechanicum...

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Started Reading Mechanicum...

Post by Kefka »

Not really a spoiler, becuase it is on the first page, but the prophecy told at the beginning was a bit weird. I know he was talking about the Emperor but I just kept think: "Void Dragon. C'Tan Void Dragon, Mars is waiting for C'Tan" and I probably drew too many lines that aren't really there.
Words like:
"The forger of metal"
"He shall utter eternal words"
"The Lord of Machines"
"He shall be the object of devotion and love... and Emperors sigh for in vain"

There are a few other lines, but those just scream Necron C'tam to me.
I'm only two chapters in, but it is a decent book so far...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Calapine
Highborn

Post by Calapine »

I'm having a hard time getting into it, although i already know what happens so i won't spoil it. I've put it aside to read lord of the night for now and have a feeling i'll read dark apostle before i go back to it
ITS A BARBARIAN BUNNY--BUSTY BROAD
BONANZA IN MY BRAINPAN--AND I'M THE ONLY
ONE INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!
Hulkster
Beastmaster

Post by Hulkster »

Read the book and come back to this thread

until then I dare not comment
I love you
Rangeltoft
Noble

Post by Rangeltoft »

To me Mechanicum was the best book in the HH series, simply because i really like the ad mech (and dark mech).
Gives abit of insight in the fall of the mechanicum, but could have gone deeper, but all in all, I think its a great book.
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I didn't like it much at all.

CAREFUL SPOILER BELOW! READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL!
just in case. It was really two completely different stories with only a single, very tenuous link of a common character - and not exactly a major character at that. The problem was it was one short story about the AM and the Heresy, and another, completely unrelated story about C'Tan. This second story had absolutely nothing to do with the Horus Heresy whatsoever and could have been done completely without.

Also, I hate the way Graham McNeill writes battle scenes like a batrep of a game he just played. You can almost see exactly where the dice were rolled and what the results were.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Yaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Yaj »

By know means the best one of the series but it was still pretty good. Not as good as 'Fulgrim' though.

I hope the quailty continues in the next two 'Tales of Heresy' and 'Fallen Angels'

I also hope they don't screw up the siege of Terra!
'A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea'

- Victor Hugo 'Histoire d'un Crime'

Yaj