Is there an easier way?

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Crimsonsun
Trainee Warrior

Is there an easier way?

Post by Crimsonsun »

I have been thinking about getting back into forty k for a while now, and have fallen in love with the forge world traitor guard armies, and wanted to base an army around a core of those models and convert more along that theme, i have spent all day trailing the net to find an army over view and was disappointed to find they cannot field demons, the only way i can see around this is by taking a chaos marine army also and running them together, but that will only be an option in larger games. If i am mistaken i would be glad to know, or if there is another way of getting demonic support. This will be a long term project due to cost and many many conversion ideas i have but i really dont understand why they cannot call upon demonic allies. Thanks.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Unless you want to build two armies then no.
Daemons in 40k are going the same way as daemons in fantasy - stand-alone self contained army.

Expect to not see them anymore alongside chaos space marines as soon as they get their own new codex.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

It would be cool if they did a Traitor Guard codex, or have an entry for them in the next Chaos Marines Codex.

With the Demons thing, I agree with Dalamar that they will probably turn into a stand alone army. Lets GW sell more stuff. Better to do Apoc army if you want that sorta thing, then you can field CSM