1750 space marine

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Backslide
Warrior

1750 space marine

Post by Backslide »

want my tanks and toys and lots of boots on the ground, thinking of droping the scouts for a funky special character, khan most likely so I can outflank the tac squads as needed

Libraian
bolt pistol and force weapon
null zone
avenger

5 Assault termies (have 5 of each, thinking 3 hammers 2 claws)
dedicated transport

Land raider
extra armour
Multi melta

Full Tactical squad
Multimelta, melta gun

Full Tactical squad
Flamer, plasma cannon

Full Tactical squad
Lascannon, Plasmagun

8 scouts, 4 with shot gun, sarge has power weapon

Land raider
extra armour
Multi melta

Vindicator no upgrades

Vindicator no upgrades

Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

If your going for competitive, I wouldn't take 2 LRs as they are massive point sinks. Grab another unit of Termis or Marines, or a Dready or 2. If your going for a balanced list, 2 Vindis wouldn't be the bet way to get your friends to like you.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I like this list a lot. It's got style (and that is something which marines have a distinct lack of mostly - except when they're space wolves. Can't wait for the new codex). The remark about the LR is true - perhaps just stick the tactical squads into razorbacks or rhinos.

I am pleased to see you don't have stern guard or van guard in this army (this deep striking and assaulting really is annoying me a lot. It stomps so many principles into the mud I can't even begin naming them all. And it makes it absolutely pointless to take dark reapers to a tourney because there is no doubt whatsoever as to what their fate in 80% of the games will be. A rather horrible, unspectacular and most definitely untimely end is what awaits them).

What I would do, however, I add a pumped up unit of assault marines into the army instead of one tactical squad, and then add a chapter master in terminator armor into the game (and equip the whole unit of terminators with lightning claws except one to make them dangerous to wraithlords)... There is nothing (at least nothing in a space marine army) that comes remotely close to the coolness of terminators with lightning claws (except, perhaps, assault cannons, but alas you cannot take a full squad equipped with them... but you just wait until the next codex... I'm sure it'll happen someday).

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.