A Question of Tyranids

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Starscream
Corsair

A Question of Tyranids

Post by Starscream »

Just a few questions about the 'Nids from the codex. Answers and opinions apreciated.

1 Do Warriors in the same brood have to have the same weapons choices (biomorphs, weapon-symbiotes) on each model or can they vary within the brood? Which would you recommend?

2 Can you only pick one adrenal gland to have in any given brood of 'Nids (Gaunts, Warriors etc). ie is it either +1I or +1WS or can it be both, paying the points cost for both.

3 For the points for Ripper broods is it 10pts per base or for the entire brood regardless of bases.

4 Has anyone elses Codex started to fall apart? Ive had mine about 4 months and pages are falling out of it like Autumn leaves, and it came in the plastic wrapping so no-one was reading it before me, or am I just reading it too much??

Sorry if the questions are a bit stupid but tyranids are my first 40k army, I have a few BTs but more 'Nids.

As I said above all answers and comments apreciated' thanks in advance.

Den
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

1 Do Warriors in the same brood have to have the same weapons choices (biomorphs, weapon-symbiotes) on each model or can they vary within the brood? Which would you recommend?
They can vary. Check the Warrior entry in the Codex! :)

2 Can you only pick one adrenal gland to have in any given brood of 'Nids (Gaunts, Warriors etc). ie is it either +1I or +1WS or can it be both, paying the points cost for both.
It can be both if you just pay the points. There's nothing to say otherwise...

3 For the points for Ripper broods is it 10pts per base or for the entire brood regardless of bases.
Per base.

4 Has anyone elses Codex started to fall apart? Ive had mine about 4 months and pages are falling out of it like Autumn leaves, and it came in the plastic wrapping so no-one was reading it before me, or am I just reading it too much??
You're not reading too much because you still have so many unanswered questions :) ;)
I find the Condecies and ABs pretty low quality too, nothing new there...

Hope I helped!
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

I don't know much about tyranids except that they can't stand Dire Avengers and fire dragons... but about the books falling apart - my brothers HE book is falling apart too, however other people's books are still completely fine (my eldar codex has been with me for years and I even dropped a pot of coffee on it. I had a bit of a brain fart and decided iron it :shock: and now its back is full of blisters... but it's still sticking together nicely).

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Starscream
Corsair

Post by Starscream »

Much appreciated, feel a bit stupid asking so many questions but couldnt seem to find the answers anywhere.

regarding the Codex; it just seems to be the 'Nids one, my Black Templars one seems fine, so too with mt DE army book.

Thanks again!!
Den
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

One more nids question more to do with the new line of sight rules.

If a monstrous creature is standing behind a smaller unit, form example gaunts, they would not recieve a cover save because they are less than 50% obscured right?

but if they then shoot over that unit would the enemy recieve a cover save against their shooting because of that whole shooting through your own unit cover save thing? stupid wierd new rules :evil:
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Starscream
Corsair

Post by Starscream »

Good question, I would think that if the unit/creature can be shot at without penalty it can return fire without penalty. It only seems fair that if "You can see me I can see you" and thats the idea behind the LOS rules in the first place, isn't it??? :?
You could also claim that the hive mind "directed" the Gaunts in front of the incoming fire to protect the larger creature and then "directed" them to part to give it a clear LOS :lol: . It does state in the Codex that smaller organisms have been known to be sacrificed in the thousands just to exhaust ammunition. LOL