help with my orks 1700 points

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Colinsherlow
Trainee Warrior

help with my orks 1700 points

Post by Colinsherlow »

I am building a Ork Bad Moons army and am looking for opinions on what people think of the army, what should i change in the list, would you like to play against it, is it cheesy? ect...

The idea behind the army (besides Bad Moons just being 10kinds of awsome) is that I wanted to keep the horde feeling like a horde while haveing some snazzy things (bad moon styles) as many people seem to go a little too elite sometimes. The army is a little elite, but i still managed to squeeze 134 models into the army so i'm proud of that. Usually my ork armys are around 150 to 170 models at 1700 points with no grot. I also want to try and have a little bit of everything while keeping the horde somewhat competive and fun to play with and against. I would normally take Red Paint on my Wartrukks, but Bad Moons Don't use Red. I will explain a few of the tactics for certain units where the tactics might not be that clear at first glance.

let me know what you think

MISTA FIX'ITZ AND IZ LADZ 1700 POINTS

[/b]HQ
Mista Fix'it (Big Mek). Kustome Force Field. 85pts (The Mek is straight forwards. he protects the boys and the kans)

ELITE
12 Lootaz. 12 Deffgunz. 180pts (Lootaz are there to take out medium armour and the opponents mobility(troop carries) )

TROOP
30 Ork Slugga Boyz. 3 Rokkits,
Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole. 250pts

25 Ork Shoota Boyz. 2 Big Shootaz
Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole. 200pts

12 Ork Slugga Boys.
Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole. 112pts
Wartrukk. Big Shoota, Armour Plates, Ram, Grabba Klaw. 55pts (I had 5pts left to I took a GrabbaKlaw. Figured I can use it to grab vehicle/skimmer sometimes)

12 Ork Slugga Boys.
Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole. 112pts
Wartrukk. Big Shoota, Armour Plates, Ram. 50pts (Trukk Squads are pretty straight forward. they flank the opponent and crash through terrain with there Rams to get to the enemy faster. Rams are also my sub for not having Red Paint)

12 Gretchin.
Slaver. 46pts (I have grots to be sneeky and sneek things, and for that extra scoring unit... and cause they look cool)

[b]FAST ATTACK
20 StormBoyz. /
Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole. 280pts (They look great, they are great and they have giant rokkits strapped to there backs. they move 12'+1D6 Best assault unit ever)

1 DeffKopta. Twin-Linked Rokkits. 45pts (In games where i can go first, i'll use the Deff Kopta to scout up, and then move 12" into position to shoot Twin-Linked Rokkits at Skimmers/light tanks hiding behind terrain for turn 1, before they move. Granted this isn't always a sure-fire way to bring skimmers down, but it is a possibility for use. Also if i have to tie up a week combat unit to prevent a little bit of shooting into my ork line then the Kopta can do that to if needed.)

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Killa Kans. 3 Rokkits. 150pts (The Kans are around to give a little extra fire and combat support. And to give my opponent something to shoot at with there lascannons)

3 Killa Kans. 3 Grot Zookaz. 135pts ( I would probably have been better off with rokkits on these guys, but Grot Zookaz are too much fun!) I am Looking forward to all of you comments. thank you!