1500 Necrons - C'tan

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Grandmaster ej
Malekith's Personal Guard

1500 Necrons - C'tan

Post by Grandmaster ej »

HQ
The Deciever = 300
Necron Lord + Resurrection Orb, Veil of Darkness, Warscythe = 210

Troops
10 Necron Warriors = 180
10 Necron Warriors = 180
10 Necron Warriors = 180

Fast Attack
3 Wraiths = 123
3 Scarabs + Disrupt Fields = 48
3 Scarabs = 36

Heavy Support
Monolith = 235

Total = 1492
Phase-Out = 8
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

yer its a pretty good army but i reckon those scarabs dont do to well in most games?
heres my army:

HQ
The Nightbringer = 360
necron lord + phylactery + resurrection orb + warscythe = 165

Elites
6 pariahs = 216

Troops
10 necron warriors = 180
10 necron warriors = 180

Fast Attack
3 wraiths = 123
3 destroyers = 150
5 scarabs = 60

Total = 1434
Phase Out = 10

What do you think?
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

The scarabs are one of the best units in the army :) turbo for 4 turns with 2+ cover then last turn contest 8) if it doesnt work then u only lost 80 points.
Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the possability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

yer i just got back from playing a game today and the scarabs came in pretty handy caus they tied up a 15 man Black Templar squad for 4 turns..... then the dreadnought came :) but i still won thanks to those little buggers
If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask someone else first.

Khel wrote: I mean come on. He had WS9 and they gave him a "Sword of Lame Anus Cheese"?

Mr Shadow wrote:In fact it's just like making love; down, left, turn 45 degrees and engage rotor
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

Tested vs a balancedish chaos marine army, (player was reletively inexperienced):

lash prince + wings
lash sorcerer

10 marines + missile
10 marines + plasma gun/pistol/power sword

9 slaanesh possessed in a rhino (+ sorcerer, rolled furious charge)
1 obliterator
vindicator
Defiler

Deceiver ftw!!! Wraiths make excellent tank hunters in 5th ed and the scarabs were an effective insurance policy (seize ground/spearhead), would have been nice to have some fire support though... may add some destroyers...
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

How do the scarabs get 2+ cover?? They would get a 5+ invun from turbo boosting... if they were in terrain they would have to take a dangerous terrain test anyway, even then they could really only get 3+ cover (4+ for cover and +1 for small target) as there isnt many 3+ cover save terrain.

Anyways the list is nice but IMO needs more bodies, if I played your list I would just aim for those warriors and pound the crap through them, ignoring the rest of your list, and phase you out.
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

When you tubo boost you get a 3+ cover save now, regardless of armour save, hence it becomes 2+ due to their bonus.

I think its funny when people dismiss lists like that, without regard as to how it actually plays, you think id LET you ignore the mono and the deceiver? Its not too easy when their in your face throwing haymakers at you :lol:
Desert icon
Assassin

Post by Desert icon »

To be honest, Grandmaster, I don't think you have enough scarabs!

Really I'm a huge fan of these things, 3 attacks each and maximum movement of 24" with a 2+ save? 5th edition has been more kind than harsh on the Necrons, in my opinion.

Usually I use about 10 per swarm, and try to do 2 swarms if possible. They give the enemy some annoying pests to deal with, and they're no slouches in combat either!
Grandmaster ej

Post by Grandmaster ej »

Unfortunatly I have to disagree with you there mate, necrons in 4th edition were brutal and towards the end of 4th ed they were on a par with the likes of eldar for the dominance of 40k tournaments (being a former 4th ed tournament necron player), at least in the UK.

Yes scarabs are incredibly useful but at the same time one of their strengths is that they are almost not worth dealing with, I can see your point, but id personally never use scarabs in this role more than 4 strong.