1000 pts eldar

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kaleth darkblade
Trainee Warrior

1000 pts eldar

Post by Kaleth darkblade »

what do you think of these list
any tips how i can make this list better?
(i'll be fighting against 'nids, orks, space marines and chaos space marines)

autarch power weapon, mandiblaster, fusion gun (maybe swap it for a farseer? which powers should i choose?)

10 avengers exarch, diresword, defend, bladestorm
wave serpent EML, vectored engines spirit stones
10 avengers exarch, diresword, defend, bladestorm
wave serpent EML, vectored engines, spirit stones

5 warp spiders exarch, additional death spinner, powerblades widraw

1 fire prism, holo field

a nice and fast list, that can deal with hordes, but probably has some problems against space marines, i hope that my friend can compensate for this (whe'll play double most often)

how can i add some close combat or anti heavy infantry power?
any comments? tips?
Greg
Cold One Knight

Post by Greg »

could switch the fire prism for dark reapers.
Reapers are excellent marine killers.
Not a fan of warp spiders. Harliquins, banshees and possibly scorpians would be better for close combat. Problem with banshees is a transport is mandatory. Not the case for harlies or scorps.
Oscar1492
Dark Rider

Post by Oscar1492 »

yer i like warp spiders and find them very annoying to play against but they are not the best against marines or chaos. good for nids and orks but so are dark reapers.

banshees are also great marine killers. give the exarch mirror blades not the executioner and sheel be putting down units left right and centre. the only problem is like greg said, they need a transport or they die really quick.
If you ever need anything, please dont hesitate to ask someone else first.

Khel wrote: I mean come on. He had WS9 and they gave him a "Sword of Lame Anus Cheese"?

Mr Shadow wrote:In fact it's just like making love; down, left, turn 45 degrees and engage rotor
Devoured_mazarine
Beastmaster

Post by Devoured_mazarine »

Warp Spiders are excellent marinekillers. What with the highs BS and S6 weaponry. I assure you, marines will cry.
/Mazarine

Devoured_Mazarine's army blog
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=60598
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I'd get rid of the Autarch and put in a Farseer with Guide, Doom, Runes of Witnessing and Spirit Stones. Makes your units a lot more effective especially against Marines and similar armies, the more saves they have to take the better.

I'd get rid of the vectored engines on the wave serpents to make room for the Farseer. Also defend is not really neccessary unless against Orks and Tyranids so they can be shed for more points if needed. Also two avenger shuriken catapults or power weapon and shimmershield is a better buy than a diresword as most armies are Ld 8-10 and will hardly ever fail due to low str of the Exarch not causing many wounds, better to give more shots or an invulnerable to your avengers and a weapon to cause a wound or two.

Hope you do well (I'm starting Eldar myself) and let us know your results so we can either help some more or learn something ourselves.
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Kaleth darkblade
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kaleth darkblade »

í'll swap one unit of dire avengers and their wave serpent for some banshees in a falcon, but which weapon should i give the falcon
i'll add a unit of pathfinders as troops, and i'll swap the autarch for a farseer

what do you guys think of a seer council unit? i really like the models.
i'm thinking about giving the farseer a retinue of 5 warlock, 3 or 4 with destructors, 1 with enhance and 2 with singing spear.
i'll either drop them from a falcon or use them one foot as a counter-assault unit

so i'm thinking about
farseer doom, fortune spirit stones
3 warlocks with destructor
1 with enhance and singing spear
1 with singing spear
maybe transport them in a wave serpent or falcon?

6 scorpions exarch scorpions claw stalker
6 banshees exarch war shout mirrorswords
falcon holo field and ??

5 pathfinders
10 guardians EML
maybe 10 dire avengers with exarch with power weapon, bladestorm and defend?

5 warp spiders exarch additional death spinner

1 fire prism holo field

this list is quite different, but what do you think?
is it better? i think it's more fun to play with and against than the former list.
what should i give the falcon as weapons?
any suggestions?

maybe i'll leave the seer council on foot and give the dire avengers their wave serpent back? what should i do?