Chaos Marine Turny list: 1500

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Chaos Marine Turny list: 1500

Post by Sassmaw »

Hey guys.

So as the topic states this army is ment for a turnament at 1500 points. It does have a comp score that is
- Start at 20 points
- 1 point for 4 troops
- 2 points for each aditional troop choice above 4
- 1 points for 2nd Heavy support, Elite, fast attack
- 2 points for 3rd choice of the above
- 1 points for 2nd HQ choice
So on to my list

Deamon Prince- slanesh(sorry for spelling) wings Lash-155
10 Plauge Marines-2plasma guns Champ wiht Plasma pistol PW Rhino DP-360
10 Chaos Marines- Melta gun Champ PF Rhino DP- 255
8T-sons- Sorc- Doombolt Rhino DP- 309
5Termies- Slenesh 2 combi-melta 1Pair lightning claw 1PF -195
Defiler- 4CCW -150
1Obliterator-75
Total- 1499

The turny i am going into will have many different forms of scenarios and I belive this army is versitile enough to handle all comers and types of games. Also My comp score is relitively high but that is not a huge deal. Anyway guys I was wondering what you though of the list and also how i could improve it. I have no obligations to change anything in this list and also i can get the models needed because the turny is not untill late january. Thanks guys
-sass
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Wow, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch all in the same list... How uncharacterful...

However, its clear that you intend on winning games with this list, and in that sense I see no problems.

However I suggest two changes.
1- Put a PFist on the Plaguies instead of the PWeapon, since because of the I3, its not as big of a disadvantage.
2- Heavy Flamer on the Terminators. Will help tremendously on the turn they arrive via deepstrike, and decimates horde armies (well anything thats not in power armour) and for only 5 points, its a bargain.

Good Luck at the Tournement.
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Haha yes this is a turny that i pln to try and win. There are no comp scores for haveing a backstory or for being story line as such i went all out haha. I'm tempted to throw in a mark of Khorne on the normal marines just to make it less of a shamble. I don't see how i can get the PF on the Sarg without loseing the plasma pistol. And seguestions on where i can get rid of points?
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

Dropping a Plague Marine or a Thousand Son will get you points for the PF and heavy flamer, plus 8 more points which can get you a flamer on the CSMs.