Other Aspects?

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Autarii
Trainee Warrior

Other Aspects?

Post by Autarii »

Couldn't find anything else on this so here goes.

I'm a big fan of fluff and just want to know as much about Eldar Aspect Warriors as i can before starting my army.

The aspects that we are all familiar with are only a few or at least the most prevalent of all the aspects.

What are the other aspects? Who are their Phoenix Lords?

I remember reading somewhere about something along the lines of 'sons of the void' and it wasnt in reference to warp spiders.

Any help would be appreciated in finding more information

Thanks
Sa'an'ishar!
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Only thing I can think of is Sons of the Void might have been a Shrine name for either Dark Reapers or Warp Spiders.

Only other Aspect Warriors I know of are the Star Eagles, who pilot the Eldar vehicles.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Supposedly there are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of aspects. The ones that are playable in game (and have rules and models ect) are merely the most prevalent, the ones that pretty much every craft world will be able to call on. Theoretically there are as many aspects as there are ways of killing, though of course that is something of an over statement. In this as in many things GW has left it open so that people can make up their own.

A trip to critical hit might turn up something I suppose, but frankly if you want more fluff for eldar aspects, write it. It won't be official for obvious reasons but then more or less nothing we do on D.net is official, but that doesn't make it worthless.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Jes must have come up with other concepts when he came up with the original design for the first 6 aspects. I would love to see them if they exist.

The problem with creating new aspects is avoiding a role covered by another aspect
Autarii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Autarii »

That's my main problem. It would be much easier with a name or background for a known aspect as that gives you something to base it on.

I find it quite difficult to make stuff up from scratch.
Sa'an'ishar!