The Missing Legions & their Forgotten Primarch's

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

The Missing Legions & their Forgotten Primarch's

Post by Kinslayer »

I've been thinking alot about this tonight, so thought I'd create a topic for discussing the matter and gathering information.

"Obvious Spoilers within..."

I'm currently halfway through reading The First Heretic (a bit behind the rest of you no doubt, but I took some time out from the series and only just caught up with A Thousan Sons & Nemesis). There was a discussion between Lorgar and Magnus a few chapters ago, Chapter 9 I believe? It covered Lorgar fearing his Father would purge him and his legion for their worship of him as it broke imperial law. Magnus was reassuring him that, although such things had been discussed with the other Primarchs, the Emperor was unlikely to do so. Lorgar kept trying to bring it up, but as much as I willed him not too, Magnus kept silencing him!

All we really got from that was that Lorgar reffered to the legions as "The purged and the forgotten" - I'm not sure if that was a loose term covering both of the legions, or perhaps that one was now nicknamed the purged, the other the forgotten...

Then, of course, there is The Lightning Tower which has Dorn and Malcador speak of the two lost Legions beneath the statues of the Primarchs...

What else is out there... Indulge me.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am sorry to say that as far as I can ascertain the odd cryptic references like those ones (and those are probably the most direct) is all there is. GW don't want to get too specific and frankly I think that it is a good thing, it lets us play around with themes which may not be supported by cannon fluff but at least are not contradicted. Though I have to say that my own reading is no more complete than your own so maybe someone else can be more useful.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation