Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Benmannens GothCon 2011 Dark Eldar adventures 
Beastmaster

Howdy all, I just posted this below on 40k Online and they deleted it instantly, saying it was not allowed with external links in the posting... Which is a very anti-community anti-40k-coziness boring attitude if you ask me :) Well well.

So I'm hoping Druchii will let this one stay up and running...

--------------------------------

Hello, this weekend (22nd-24th) is GothCon 40k weekend in Gothenburg on the Swedish west coast.

The very depressing 8th ed of Warhammer made me switch over to beer and chips 40k. I tried and tried 8th but it just lost too much of the good old Warhammer for me... And it did for a lot of friends of mine, a whole bunch of us decided to go to a 40k tournament and be noobs for a change!

And there was one tournament coming up that I really wanted to go to and it was GothCon 2011. The first 100 tickets were realeased a weeknight at 6pm and sold out in 2 minutes... They managed to find room for some more so I think there are 125 players at the moment.

I used to play a lot of WFB tournaments so this is going to be a lot of fun. It's quite a different crowd so it will be mostly new faces and some armies I have never played against for a change.

My biggest 40k army is my Dark Eldar kabal. I've got around 8000p painted and took this opportunity to update some unit choices to the new books standards. So yes, I had to paint a little bit. Tuned up my displayboard. Made craters and smoke for all vehicles. So I had a little bit to fiddle with, I actually made a new Talos too... You can see it here:

http://stefan13.typepad.com/blog/2011/0 ... ished.html

I will iPhone-blog during the tournament and try to take a lot of pictures...

The list is a Dark Eldar force with a little bit of everything. I got 14 Lances in it, no Archon, only 2 Agonizers, decent amount of Troops, worthless Hellions, a BIG Talos and lots of speed. Topped wit a single Webway Portal.

It's built to get a pretty good comp score, they use a subjective comp scoring which has a few restrictions but it held secret until the tournament starts. I seem to get an average comp score... But we'll see tomorrow.

Here's the list:

Baron Sathonyx

Haemonculus
Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun & Webway Portal

8 Wyches, Hekatrix w Agonizer
Raider w Flickerfield

7 Wyches, Hekatrix w Agonizer
Raider w Flickerfield

6 Warriors
Blaster
Raider w Flickerfield

5 Warriors
Blaster
Venom w extra Splinter cannon

6 Hellions
Helliarch w Venom Blade

4 Kabalite Trueborn
4 Blasters
Venom w extra Splinter cannon

2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
1 Razorwing Flock

2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
1 Razorwing Flock

2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
1 Razorwing Flock

Ravager w Flickerfield

Ravager w Flickerfield

Talos w Chainflails & Twinlinked Heatlance

Army total: 1750

The list has been doing well. I am not that great at 40k but I know the Dark Eldar pretty well, I got a 9 win & 1 loss result during practice games. Which will be hard to repeat during the tournament, I still feel like I don't know the rules good enough... But the plan is to, in competition with 125 participants, be in the top 25.

Anyway, check in here during the Easter weekend, I will update it as often as possible:

http://stefan13.typepad.com/blog/

My Dark Eldarblog:
http://stefan13.typepad.com/blog

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm
Warrior

I'll be following your tales, although more likely on here after the event.

That trails on a leash."
(David Bowie: "Sweet Thing")

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 am
Beastmaster

I just posted a couple of quick updates. More to follow soon.

My Dark Eldarblog:
http://stefan13.typepad.com/blog

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]