Is there any chance that I'll ever be able to play?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

Is there any chance that I'll ever be able to play?

Post by Aravargaldean »

It looks like every RP is going strong, and I've submitted my character. No others have. will I ever be able to play?
Aravar Galdean-

The High Prince of Tiranoc (mainly because no one else is brave enough to live there :wink:)

I'm known as MavisDavis01 in Asur.org
Vradek (ex pandemonio)
Executioner

Post by Vradek (ex pandemonio) »

I have been wondering the same thing for a while now (my character is Karan the shade),are ever going to be accepted?
FOR GHROND,FOR THE WITCH KING AND FOR KHAINE,CHAAAARGE!!!
Grothgar
Dark Rider

Post by Grothgar »

You just have to be patient... after all, we tend not to promote people to moderators until we know they have sufficient quality to be able to sustain a campaign. I am going to be taking on three new people in my group soon, I just have to figure out how to work them into the story first... as my group has just finished a mission.

Just be patient... and realise that we Mods do have real lives as well... I am especially busy at the moment... and also... anyone that comes into my group has a good chance of dying a horrible fiery death if they are not good enough for my high standards.

If you have a good character backstory, lots of descriptive writing, and a good layout... it will increase your chances so much.
Menthil Karont
WS:4 S:3 T:2 D:5 I:4

Equipment: Magic Short Sword (2 Rings), Short Sword, Dirk, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cloak, Damaged Hat, Gaudy Ring, Emerald Ring, Diamond Necklace (Hidden), 80 Gold (In Belt Pouch)

Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Parry
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

Unfortunately, I feel your pain and can do little to ease the wait. If it gives you any comfort, some people have been waiting since 2 or 3 years ago (whenever D.net went down) to get into an RP.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aravargaldean »

well, that's fair.

I'm excited to play, and I hope that you'll have me
Aravar Galdean-

The High Prince of Tiranoc (mainly because no one else is brave enough to live there :wink:)

D3q9d3ns3
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by D3q9d3ns3 »

Are there like tests that someone can take to become a mod and speed things along for other people?

I'm not new to Roleplaying and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to handle it...
Vradek (ex pandemonio)
Executioner

Post by Vradek (ex pandemonio) »

I have played for quite a few years at DeD and vampires the masquarede (now the requiem),but I can't wait to play with a dark elf character....just hope i will be accepted......
FOR GHROND,FOR THE WITCH KING AND FOR KHAINE,CHAAAARGE!!!
Wolfman
Slave on the Altar

Post by Wolfman »

If you guy's are looking for some form of organised Roleplaying try the link in my signature. The site is literally just up and running (It's been about for months but the rules and admins etc have only just been finalised)

It's based on the Warhammer world, around the border princes (although that shouldn't stop you from making your very own Dark elf with a little creativity)

It'd help pass the time and besides, it'd give us some grunts to test our rules out on :twisted:
Last edited by Wolfman on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flayer
Executioner

Post by Flayer »

Well on that note we may not have dark elves, or anything else fantasy related. But try Renesononline.com it's a 40k inquisitorial RP and we're trying to obtain a few more players.
Burn their villages, raze their crops, do what you will but BRING ME THEIR HEADS!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

d3q9d3ns3 wrote:Are there like tests that someone can take to become a mod and speed things along for other people?

I'm not new to Roleplaying and I'm pretty sure I'd be able to handle it...

Most probably, yes, and that's a good idea. Wraith seems to have disappeared, and since the RPG is pretty much a separate entity from d.net, I suggest finding out who's in charge exactly (I'll be damned if I know :lol:) and asking them - that kind of test is probably exactly what is needed if you want to speed things up.

And on the subject of other websites... Please remember that this is not an advertising board. I know you're only trying to help each other satiate their RPing hunger, but that kind of comment belongs in PMs.

- Ansob.
Forum Moderator.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Grothgar
Dark Rider

Post by Grothgar »

Well, Me, Wraith and Pale Warrior have been moderators the longest, as well as being in the former RPG as well... so, whilst all the moderators are equal, we are the first among equals. Wraith, by the way, is back now... he has been having a rough time as of late... as have I actually... working from 6am to 6pm does not encourage the creativity needed to moderate within 24 hours.

However, I have got used to is now... hence why my posting level has risen... real life, obviously, comes first, but we do try. As for the moderatorial process... well, to be honest, we normally look at your characters, how much thought an ingenuity has gone into their background, how well you understand the mentality of the Dark Elves... and then, when you play, we tend to pick the best players, ask them if they want to become a Moderator, and promote any that do. Simple really.
Menthil Karont

Equipment: Magic Short Sword (2 Rings), Short Sword, Dirk, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cloak, Damaged Hat, Gaudy Ring, Emerald Ring, Diamond Necklace (Hidden), 80 Gold (In Belt Pouch)

Lovac darkblade
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lovac darkblade »

I just read this and it cleared up alot of the issues, so thanks, and i hope i get picked. Untill then i'll hone my skills of some other RP boards.
Take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand. I don't care, i'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

i'm in the group 1 for hte rpg, but it seems to have died . . . tho as u said it may be something to do with wraiths absense, and hopefully it'll get back on track before long

but if new mods are needed i wouldnt mind giving it a go, i'm on d.net pretty much everyday, as if i'm not at work or in uni im usually infront of my computer as thats where Wow is and where all my painting stuff is when i get it out n_n

tho i'll be honest i havent done millions on rpgs, tho i have been getting into it more recently with the 2 rpgs i'm doing on dnet, tho both seem to have dwindled of late, and another on a friends site which i mie also becoming the mod for.

so yeah consider my services offered

Well... to be honest... your lack of Grammar, and your lack of attention to what you are posting... well, it does not fill me with confidence. After all, if you cannot be bothered to spell words properly here, when there is no pressure... then, why would you be bothered to spell them properly anyway?
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aravargaldean »

I suppose that I could be a Moderater, if it is totally necessary, although several things do stand in my way. First, all my RP exprience (which is quite extensive) is either on Asur.org or several other RPs that have crashed. Second, I am orgionally an Asur, and although I understand druchii mentality, I'm not fully indoctrinated.

Most importnatly, I have never GMed before. If the situation demanded, I would make a decent one, but I do lack expirience. Not to mention that I enjoy NOT being a GM. If it is necessary, however, I could do it.
Aravar Galdean-

Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

If there is some terrible shortage of GMs, I suppose I could voulenteer for the job... but if you don't really need any more to join your crew, I'm game. I suppose I'm a bit too lazy to make a terribly good mod. Still, if you need anyone, feel free to poke me.
If you want to, that is.

Believe me, the slightest bit of laziness you feel will be thrice amplified if you're a mod. It's rough to overcome sometimes, in a dramatic and irrelevant fashion.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Daniam
Warrior

Post by Daniam »

Dont worry. Soon enough someone will pick you and then you can make your character into an arrogant ass that everyone hates. It is lots of fun.
Drych'natach
9 Kills (I Think)
10 Gold Coins
3 Gold Bracelets
1 Gold Ring
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Amen Dan you are, amen! (nice name by the way ;) )

And since we're all volunteering for moderation, I'd volunteer right now, but I'd rather prove my worth with a few more missions first. I've got nothing but time, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what Druchii society is like, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rp that I'm in right now.
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

"Well, Me, Wraith and Pale Warrior"

Correct grammar would be:

"Wraith, Pale Warrior and I."

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Wraith
Cold One Knight

Post by Wraith »

Yes, I have been absent of late, I fell on some hard times over the winter, and then went through a dry spot in creativity, it happens to the best of us after a few years you know ;). It just unfortunately came at the same time that Z resigned, but I promise, I will post tomorrow for both of my groups.

And the mods are still working hard to find enough moderators to get all of you into groups and playing. When I first came I waited for months before I got accepted in a group, I hope it won't be that long for you all.
And when the darkness falls,
The Druchii shall slay them all.
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

no rush man, take your time, i dont know whats been going on in it, but your life comes first :)
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Grothgar
Dark Rider

Post by Grothgar »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Amen Dan you are, amen! (nice name by the way ;) )

And since we're all volunteering for moderation, I'd volunteer right now, but I'd rather prove my worth with a few more missions first. I've got nothing but time, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what Druchii society is like, but I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rp that I'm in right now.

Damn right you are going to put in some more roleplays before you become a moderator!!! I have a good team of 4 players, of which you are one, and I do not want that messed about with. Having said that, you have shown the most improvement, proof that shouting at people about how bad their roleplays are can have beneficial effects :).
Menthil Karont

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

unless they take it the wrong way of course *caugh*Lust*caugh* :)
Ex.nihilo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ex.nihilo »

[quote="Grothgar"]I have a good team of 4 players, of which you are one, and I do not want that messed about with. Having said that, you have shown the most improvement, proof that shouting at people about how bad their roleplays are can have beneficial effects :).[/quote]
now thats what i need!
your friendly neighbourhood shadow.
Ex.nihilo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ex.nihilo »

sorry the quoting went wrong as i say am new to this site. :(
your friendly neighbourhood shadow.
D-boy
Warrior

Post by D-boy »

i dont think we have a shot anymore grpoups 1,2,5, and 4 have died on their feet sadly IMHO the RPG is falling apart, i hope not though.
I am the doctor of death and I have come to cure you of life

Name: Thandahr
Ws3 / S3 / T2 / D5 / I5
Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Skills: Basic Stealth