Anyword on the next RPG?

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Keltharus
Warrior

Anyword on the next RPG?

Post by Keltharus »

Well, ive been waiting since Jan. 24th (when i posted my char) and am wondering...is there anything at all on the horizon? If not, then...do you have anyplans for making any more Mods? Not volunteering mind you, i have never really done that stuff, but deffintily getting bored.... :cry:
Legion of Ghrond(DE-2000): W:2 D:2 L:4
512th Company Initial Strike Force(IG-2500-Drop Troops):
W: 11 D: 2 L: 5
"Real men jump out of Valkyries going near mach 1, and plummeting two miles down. Drop troops. Hooah!"
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Grothgar once said that the mods are always looking for people whom they feel would make good mods. It'll happen.
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

well if you've been waiting since Jan then you may need to improve your background :( i mean that there's been a new ggorup come up. you're not chosen. pale warrior got new people (me included :) and i only joined earlier this month) were you chosen? no. im sorry but you have to admit: you need to improve. !frown!
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Since you created your character we recruited a new mod. Several other groups have recruited new players as well.

That you weren’t picked says something over your character.
If mods look for new players they will judge them on there background, stats and sometimes even looks. However mods don’t chose on how long you have been waiting.

If one guy gets picked before you get picked then you can assume he had a better background, but when at least 10 players get picked before you, you can safely assume that for some reason the moderators don’t like your character. This can be that he is to over powered, to regular or he doesn’t have an interesting background.

I chose my players on there background and how I thought they would fit in the group. My group so has a cripple, a vampire and a cook. They make a nice group with a lot of roleplay possibilities.
Another example from nice backgrounds and how they mix is in Pale Warriors group. There you have a khainite on the run for the temple and a worshipper of Morai-Heg. Background wise those two should hate each other, but after some trouble they judge the other as not such a bad person. That some nice roleplaying :P .

I have looked at your background and I think you could improve it. Tell a little more about him. Don’t just tell his life sucked and so he became a mercenary. Tell something about how he got alone, how he survived, how he joined the army and finally how he got out. Don’t be afraid to write too much. The more the better is usually the motto for background. As don’t be afraid to make nice twists in your story. Be creative!

There won’t come a new moderator soon so you will have to wait until already existing groups start to recruit again. Pale Warrior is/was recruiting and I will start recruiting in a few weeks. So if you want a spot, make sure your character stands out.

Also you can make a character with slightly changed items or abilities. Some moderators don’t agree on that and will ask you to change it to normal to enter their group. However some moderators don’t mind such things and will gladly welcome your character.

If you have doubts about it just post it in your post or contact a moderator to ask his opinion.

Morvai
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Keltharus
Warrior

Post by Keltharus »

oooohhh. I wish i knew my char needed changing. I saw how others were told. since i wasnt told i thought i was good. thanks for replies. Ill get to work ;)
Legion of Ghrond(DE-2000): W:2 D:2 L:4
512th Company Initial Strike Force(IG-2500-Drop Troops):
W: 11 D: 2 L: 5
"Real men jump out of Valkyries going near mach 1, and plummeting two miles down. Drop troops. Hooah!"
Pale warrior
Executioner

Post by Pale warrior »

I would like to add something to Morvai's post above. Being creative with your character's background is very good, and writing as much as you can about it provides Mods and other players with more detail and insight into your character.

However...there is such a thing as being too creative. A character who roamed the Chaose Wastes for seventy years (or whatever) and was raised by a loving family of wild hydras to be a fierce warrior will hopefullynever, ever be picked. I'm using a slightly fantastic example of course, but I'm sure you all get the point: creativity is welcome, video-game fantasy is not.
"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none. Death is the servant of the righteous."
Ex.nihilo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ex.nihilo »

too true.. please can people keep an eye out for a char. i will be creating i am well up for it but am on an online rpg noobie. but will give it a go. its been awhile since i read the fluff for DE but i fancy being a different race/class would that be possible? please pm with an answer. in the meantime i will attmept to crreate a DE char. thanks
ex.nihilo
your friendly neighbourhood shadow.