is there any hope of a new group.

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Manaurith
Black Guard

is there any hope of a new group.

Post by Manaurith »

I am new to this role playing. I am just wondering if there is any hope of there being new partisipants acepted soon?

I am also wondering if there is any particular order ppl are acepted into the RP grops if someone drops out?
Time to toss the dice
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

well there has been a new group a while ago. Quite a few of the mods have accepted more people. But do not dispair; if your background is good its only a matter of time. Take a look at the backgrounds of the people already accepted. they are just below this one numbered Group 5 ect. take some help from those and you can't go wrong. Good Luck.
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

A new group requires one of two things to happen. Either a new mod appears (a good RPer? This is at the discretion of the RP mods), or a current mod accepts to handle yet another group. Since most people have lives...

Anyway, there are a couple of tips to be found by just browsing this forum and its various "*cry* i want 2 play guyz plz lket me in!!11!!" threads.

1. Good characterisation.

Your character has to be believable and interesting. The more believable and interesting it is, the more likely to strike the mods' fancy it is. Submit a boring, generic-named "lol i r the leetest worrior of all timez guyz!!11!!" character and you'll still be waiting to join in a year's time.

2. Spelling and grammar.

The better your spelling and grammar, the more serious you'll appear, and the more likely you are to have a mod like you and accept to take you into his group.

3. Writing talent.

Sad to say, but it's true - and in this case, there's no miracle road to having it. If you're good at writing, you can probably spell and conjugate, and you probably have a decent character anyway.

If any mod feels like adding something?

I always have admired how you sum things up concisely and humorously, Ansob. It sounds much more diplomatic than I usually care to aim for. =P
-Mysterious, Spooky, Red-Text Editor Mod
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Manaurith
Black Guard

Post by Manaurith »

I suppose I will find out in a year’s time if I am worthy then :P

I think I have 1. and 3. In decent shape but my Spelling is horrible I usually tri to use some kind of an error check if I am trying to make a serious thread. You can see my work on the character and in a story I wrote for my army it is a late nights work so it might be a bit flawed.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42857
Time to toss the dice
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

We are currently discussing over a mod-solicitation. If he makes it through he can start a new group.
Most of the mods have already taking new players so they won’t be needing new ones any time soon.

There is no order in which the moderators chose there players. We just pick who we like. :lol:

If you make a character that falls in ANSOB’s 3 simple points, you stand a good chance of being picked for the next group or an already existing group.

Two final tips:

Try to use spell check at all times. Good spelling and grammar is really important for a good post. I know it’s difficult to make a good English post (believe I know all about bad English :P ) But try your best for most of the people didn’t get picked or where kicked from a group for bad spelling and grammar. This may seem harsh but if your post are in bad grammar people have difficulty reading and understanding it and that can ruin a good RP.

If you make a background story, check out some of the backgrounds of players that are already in a group. They can be found in there own group thread in the character creation and trading forum.

And now a shameless advert:

Do you want in a RP-group, but are they all full?
Now worries, There is now new Pub brawl!
Pub brawl is a RP only then easier. It’s fun, it’s RP, it’s all you want and all you will ever need!

@ANSOB: I’ve got nothing to add, very nice summery. Kudos to you!

Morvai
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Manaurith
Black Guard

Post by Manaurith »

to bad it is not going to take werry long for me to get into a group. I have bin changing my caracter ewery day now . I hop I can stop b4 this turn into an obsession.
Time to toss the dice
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

speaking of the pub brawl, it's a great way for people who are already in roleplaying groups to get their roleplaying fix while they're waiting for the rest of their groups to post. Not only that, all you have to do is sign up. No extensive character background necessary (at least not right away ;) )
Ex.nihilo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ex.nihilo »

can we not use our original 1st level characters if we have not been designated a group yet? or has this pub-brawl already passed?
your friendly neighbourhood shadow.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Unless I missed the memo, the pub brawl is still going on. This is where you sign up, all the rules are posted here as well:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42822
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Ex.nihilo
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ex.nihilo »

thanks. :)
your friendly neighbourhood shadow.