Names

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Lot1loe
Executioner

Names

Post by Lot1loe »

I am interested in the RPG, and have the rough beginings of a character, but I cannot for the life of me come up with a name. I cannot yet give you information about the character, but would appreciate a list of common druchii names, tips on coming up with one, links to a name generater, or anything like that.

TIA
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

I'm hardly an authority when it comes to Druchii background, but I'll share how I come up with the names.

Last names are fairly easy. You take the runes from the Jan 2004 issue of the Herald and patch them together randomly. 2, 3, or 4 runes, run a randomiser and put them together.

First names are harder. Elven names tend to be open and fluent, yet Druchii have harsh, stopping sounds. You can try to mix both by starting off with what sounds fluent and then make minimal adjustments. But I take more artistic license with first names (they were given by guardians, after all), so most names other than Joe, Bob, Steve, or Mary will do.

As a note: Druchii are not Drow, nor are they Tolkien's elves. Druchii names tend to be simpler and less convoluted than most other authors' elves.

Hope this helps a bit.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Hello, welcome to the site. This is thename generatorwhere I got mine... I hope to see you in the RPG soon.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

Thanks for the help. I'll use the Herald runes for the last name, and for the first name I think I'll use the elf names in the WFRP book, modified to have a harsher sound and fit better with the Druchii (after all, I believe those names are for High Elves, but they should be an ok starting point). After all, our language did evolve from theirs (or that is the impression the Herald gave), so why can't my name do the same.

PS- I do no Druchii are different, I have the army book, and plan to collect them eventually (if my plans continue, they'll be my third army). Oh, and if that sounded at all rude, I apologize, didn't mean it that way. And thanks for the welcome.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

After all, our language did evolve from theirs (or that is the impression the Herald gave), so why can't my name do the same.

That's the idea. Just an example of how Drukh-Eltharin differs in pronunciation, take the high elf kingdom of Caledor. The Druchii would pronounce it more like Khalador. It's a slight difference, but enough so you can tell which is which.

good luck in the rp.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins