Question about the Training Guilds

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Lord kanarik
Corsair

Question about the Training Guilds

Post by Lord kanarik »

So from what I can gather from reading the RPG groups, there are 3 guilds in Vikarh, the Barracks, the Temple of Khaine and the Theives' Guild. Each one of these is specific to the classes of character. However, each guild does not have all of the skills available.

Where can I find information about what skills are taught? Ive looked at the Character creation forum, and although I havent looked at the Tales of Vikarh, I cant seem to find any info there either. Also, the RPGs that I have read do not mention the theives guild.

Are these guilds just personal preference of the mod, or are they set? If set, can someone post some information on the skills in each guild, and the possibilities of getting into a guild not in one's character class (for cross-training and developing the character in a unique direction)?
Kaetor d'Somnios

Trainee of Khaine

WS: 5
S: 2
T:1
D:5
I:5

Equipment: Short Sword, Dagger

Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

This is entirely up to the preference of the group's host. Though a host may certainly gleam some ideas from others (especially if they are good ideas), the guilds or even ways of learning skills are nowhere near set in stone.

As for skills, we are looking to work on the system. We've found a few kinks we'd like to work out, and we're thinking of moving towards lessening the 'hard' bounds--so perhaps warriors could learn thieving skills, but we are still looking into it.
Lord kanarik
Corsair

Post by Lord kanarik »

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Kaetor d'Somnios

Trainee of Khaine

WS: 5
S: 2
T:1
D:5
I:5

Equipment: Short Sword, Dagger