Background

Create and trade characters and discuss aspects of the RPG.

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Hadier
Slave (off the Altar)

Background

Post by Hadier »

Hi, I am new to the forum well i haven't posted so i guess that makes me still new anyways.
i was wondering is there a maximum length that a background should be? because i am writing it on paper and i have hit 3 pages and still have parts that need to get tied into the story so its probally going to hit 1 1/2 or 2 pages worth on a WP.

thanks

p.s. can anyone give me an idea where the starting city for most storys is located geographically i thought the site would of had a map done up but it hasen't
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

"In der Beschränkung zeigt sich erst der Meister." (Roughly: Mastery shows in brevity.)

There is no explicit maximum length. However, if you have a background that large, you should consider whether there are parts that really need to be there. While we encourage people to write a decent background with more than seven words, it can also be taken too far.

Use your best judgement here. If you believe those pages are needed to get a decent understanding of the character, then do go ahead and make it as long as you believe is needed. You could also consider a more concise approach for the character post, and then submitting the full story to History of the Druchii, so that your work is still open to the public. :)