Group 3

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Thorelean's face was flinty as he strove to drive the foeman back. Steel kissed steel as the veteran tried to force his opponent up against the wall where his superior mobility would do him no good and where Thorelean's steamroller tactics would ultimately prevail.

He moved forwards, intending to survive this battle at all costs. Clang, clang, went the swords as Thorelean moved forth with the slow, steady inevitability of an advancing glacier. Nothing was going to stop him now.
Nothing.
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Just to let you all know, I haven’t died and neither has this thread.
Then what happened, The computer problems were worse then expected and took some more time to fix. Together with me starting a new semester again it all took the time I had planned for D.net away.
I will make a mod post as soon as I can but I can’t promise anything. Just be patient and keep checking back.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Drawing one of his throwing knives Ilokir quickly slices the throat of Shadow. But before he can truly enjoy the moment he is attack by one of the armored retainers. Taking full advantage of his longer sword Ilokir blocks attack after attack. However the retainer is a field veteran and is not quickly tired. Renewing his attack with a fury of strikes the retainer slowly drives Ilokir back. Suddenly Ilokir blocks one of the swords of the guard and clasps it with a twist between the spikes of his other hand's vambrace. While having the guard totally off balance this way, he quickly puts the edge of his sword on the guards throat. In fluent Eltharin Ilokir whispers in the guards ear; "The Reaper awaits you, vile Druchii". Using the time Ilokir wasted with talking the retainer let’s himself fall to the ground, dragging Ilokir with him. As the retainer lands on his back he quickly stabs at Ilokir’s gut with his free sword. Through the momentum he is put of and only manages to put a nasty scratch in Ilokir’s armour.
As the retainer rolls to his feet he hisses “Typical for a Asur, wasting time and underestimating opponents. If you are going to kill someone, then do it! Don’t go stand there and talk about it!”
As Ilokir gets up the retainer is already attacking him again, making furious strikes at his head and quick stabs at hsi gut. Suddenly blood spattered across Ilokir’s face, looking up in shock he saw the retainer sank to his knees, blood pooring from a big cut in the side of his neck. Behind the retainer stood Kynth with a savage grin on his face. “Try to stay on yoru feet prettyboy! You are no use to me died.” Having said that Kynth rushed of into the hallway again, quickly making his way towards his fathers bedroom.
As Ilokir looked around he saw Thorelean using his cheer bulk to pin the last retainer against the wall. There were clear signs that Thorelean had slowly pushed the retainer closer and closer to the wall. And now it was paying of, the retainer had no were to go expect past Thorelean. As Ilokir thought of assisting Thorlean he saw that it would’t be necessary. Behind Thorelean Night was already loading his repeater crossbow, soon the retainer would be dead, either by Thoreleans hand or by a Night’s point blank shooting skills.
Ilokir looked around searching for the last retainer, he quickly found him. The body bleed from a few dozen deep cuts, Kynth savage tactics were turning him in a real butcher. Had the retainer not wore his armour he would have been hacked in a million little pieces for sure.
As Ilokir moved to pursue Kynth through the hallway, Thorelean used his share bulk to drive the spikes of his shield through the trapped retainers armour. Not wanting to be made into a pincouncen the retainer hit Thorlean in the head with the pommel of his sword. Thorelean staggered back from the blow, giving the retainer a little time to catch hsi breath. The rest was short lived though. I quick bolt through the brain at point blank made sure of that. Smiling a feral grin Night ran of after Kynth and Ilokir.

Thorelean rubbed his head to clear hsi thoughts a little, ignoring the further pain in hsi head he too went after Kynth. Hurrying around the corner into yet another hallway he was greeted by yet another battlefield. At the end of the hall Kynth was in combat with two armoured guards before a massive ornated oak door. By the looks of it it most be the bedroom door of the Kynth’s father.
A little down the hallway was Ilokir in combat with a armoured retainer armed similar to the once they had disposed of mere seconds ago, with the only exception that this one had his swords still sheathed and now foot with a battleaxe. By the looks of it the retainer had come from the second left door, since it was still open. The retainers unsteady footing betrayed that he was drunk, which in turn explained why he was still in full armour at this hour.
Behind Ilokir was Night, crossbow in hand and clearly waiting for a opportunity to make a shot.
As Thorelean moved to aid in the fight the door left of him swung open and two elves ran out, charging him head on. Both wear dressed in night garments. The male wields a longssword and the female wields a dagger

OOC:
College, Sickness and computer problems are the reason this so very late. However that should all be over now, so I'm trying to get this into gear again. The second part will mostlikely follow tomorrow or tuesday.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Thorelean halted for half a moment - who was this woman? It had been so long, so very long... To lose her now, by his own hand would be...
Unthinkable. He would have to hand himself over to the Druchii if he made such a mistake.
"Stand down," he hissed.
"Stand down, or I will be forced to kill you." He added a phrase in Tar-Eltharin, whispered for extra emphasis:
"By Khaine's blade and Kournus' hunt, I am come here. I am here, now, to find what was seized a century ago. Do not think to stand against me."
All the while, he stayed at the defensive, looking for some manner of flicker in the female's demeanour. He could not take any risks. None at all. It had been so long, he did not remember what she looked like, and she certainly would not recognize him, with his scars and damage.
So long, so long to hunt for a hundred years. So very, very long. So near the objective at last. If he spotted the merest flicker of hesitation or recognition in the female's face, he would order a cessation of fire. If not...
Well, chances were this was not her, and he would slay any of these people a hundred times over to fulfill his task. Betrayal, no matter how distasteful, must be committed sometimes, Thorelean knew.

And, by all the gods, it sundered his soul.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Never underestimate a Druchii.. Again a factor he had to reckon with. Ilokir is that lost in thought that he forgets to answer Kynths insult with a menacing glance. Ilokir is puzzled again by the behaviour of the sworn enemy of his former kin. While the Phoenix king cowers within his walls, his feared enemies are slaughtering themselves in this chilled country. Wat is the purpose of this all? Ilokir asks himself while trying to keep the pace of Kynth. When these exiles should bind their forces, Ulthuan would be swept clean like never before.

Suddenly, a door swings open and a guardsman enters the hall. Ilokir almost immediately has to surpress an upcoming sense of panic by seeing the huge battle-axe of the elf: White Lion !!! After insecurely dodging the first clumsy strike of the guard, Ilokir recognises the intimate smell of the elf as wine. After easily dodging the second blow, Ilokir steps into range and with a hateful curse, he stabs his sword through the visor of the elf's helmet, straight into the brains.

Due to the adrenaline of the melee, Ilokir stabs and slashes at the corps like a madman to surpress the shock that his memories provoked. Sweating from the frenzy, he scans the perimeter for a new target and whether Thorelean is faring well. If not, he will try to take the pressure from him by launching an attack at the remaining elves.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Right, it has been sometime since I last posted here, but that all has had a very good reason. As I earlier stated I have some trouble keeping up with the modposts since I started my new education. I tried to combine the two, but a while ago I realised that its simply not possible. I can’t do both so I ahve to choose. No suprise there that I choose my education over the RP. People who know me a bit know that this wasn’t easy for me. I have always been very persistent in making sure that Group 3 would survive no matter the odds. However my education is my future and no matter how much I love this group I can’t put my own future a side for it.
So there you have it. Group 3 is once again without a mod. And this time I’m not planning on putting up a replacement. Instead I have decided to finnish the storyline in fluffpieces which I will put up over time. This will make sure that Group 3 gets the ending it deserves. It will also make your characters still aviable for future RP in other groups. For those who want to continue as fast as possible, just shout me a PM and I will give you the info on what happens to your character in the final story arc. For the rest who isn’t planning on leaving soon, I suggest you come back here so now and again to check for the fluffpieces that I will be putting up over time.

Well thats it really. Here by I quite hosting and declare group 3 finnished! I hope to see you all around on D.net for I will stay to make sure the other groups will keep working , but this time from the safe distance of the mod forum. See ya!