Group 3

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

"I agree with Thorelean, it would be nice to surprise Orel when he comes home. If we are well prepared, he doesn't stand a chance. But before you strike, are there elves of your retinue in the manor that are still loyal to you? They could help us to sneak in." Ilokir starts to show interest in the case. He is anticipating with rising thrill the prospect to wield his sword again. He is trying to get the picture: "Do you know what our opposition shall be? And as a noble there shouldn't be any problem to provide us with repeater crossbows I guess?" That was the tricky question; Ilokir awaits the reaction of Kynth. The answer would show what Kynth really was: the noble he claimed to be or a beggar...

Ooc: welcome Jarlaxel Drie, I have no doubt we'll meet soon in play. Enjoy your stay.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

“The sooner we attack the better. If my brother comes home and I’m free and on a killing spree and our father is murdered, he will have his hands full on the entire situation. Think of it. He will need to get someone after me. He will need to prepare the funeral of our father. He will need to re-establish most of our house alliances. And he will have to increase his protection. Some were in all that chaos he will slip up. So I advise we kill my father Tomorrow and my brother the day after he comes home.”
Pointing towards the elves sitting next to him Kynth said.
“They will hide me until we strike. I can’t say were I will be, for I will be jumping from safe-house to safe-house.

“No one in the family manor is loyal to me anymore. They either got fired or were murdered. However there would still be a number of people who are willing to look away for a price. As for our opposition. There will be servants, guards, my fathers retinue and maybe some guests.”
Looking at Ilokir Kynth shook his head.
“As I already told you in the cell, I’m always broke. However my friends might have some extra firepower for us? However that remains to be seen. I can’t make promises until I have heard what our current resources are.”
Leaning back Kynth Looked Thorelean in the eye. “Now do we have a deal for tomorrow or are there still things you want to discuss.”

The elf looked weary at Andronar.
“We will see how much of an assassin you are when we get to the job.”
Turning away from Andronar the elf gestured towards the two new elves.
“Let me introduce you to your new partners for this assignment. Yulria and Damian.”
Turning back towards Andronar the elf continued. “Now that we are all ready I suggest we get to that prison fast, before they execute him. Oh, and before I forget, the temple wants the heretic alive! There must be something left of him to sacrifice to Khaine, understood?”

ooc:
Alright everyone,
Before I forget again, a big welcome to Jarlaxel Drie and Sirist. They will be joining Andronar’s group in the capture of the heretic.
Also I will be away for the weekend, so no modpost until Tuesday. (yes my weekends are that long :lol: )

@Ashanri:
The Vikarh lays on the outer side of Naggaroth on the side of Ulthuan. So if you sail out of the docks you are directly on the sea.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

"Yes, there is one thing left to discuss. You fathers retinue mainly consists of warriors I suppose. Does he have shades under his command? If so, I strongly suggest we won't attack by night. They know the ground we will fighting on so they have a serious advantage when we attack at night. I suggest we'll attack around 5 or 6 in the morning. The guards who had the nightwatch will be tired by then, and the keep will be still at sleep, unless you have a better idea..."

Jarlaxel drie
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jarlaxel drie »

"Befor we rush off blindly, do either of you care to inform me about our target? Or do you wish me to capture everyone I happen to come across in the jail?" Damian said eying the self proclaimed assasin and the Khainite Acolyte. "And does he have any companions we will have to contend with?" After saying this he glances over at the woman standing to his side, wondering why she had remained quiet thus far.
"A wise man once told me to never look for the dagger coming for your back, for you will miss the sword coming from the front" Jarlaxel Drie (second acount of Damian)
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

“My father doesn’t trust shades. He thinks it are all chaos worshippers. So don’t worry about that. Around 5 or 6 in the morning the first servants will be up already and will be working in the kitchen. And we need to go through the kitchen to enter the house, so I we need to strike earlier. I suggest Attack at around 2 hours after midnight. My Father’s retainers will be sleeping, as will my father and the servants. So the only thing we have to worry about is the guards. Considering that only a few will walk around this shouldn’t be a problem. Now enough of talking. Get a good night sleep and meet me tomorrow night around two hours after midnight in front of this inn.”
With that said Kynth stood up and walked out. His two friends quickly followed leaving you alone in the inn.
Not feeling like looking for a place to sleep you rent a room in the inn and once upstairs you quickly fall asleep.

The next night you wait in front of the inn for Kynth to arrive. After a couple of minutes he shows up, once again with the two other elves. Kynth was armed with his short swords the other elves had both a short sword and a repeater crossbow.
“Alright ready for action?” Not waiting for an answer Kynth quickly continued. “I’m afraid I could arrange repeater crossbows for you but at least my friends still have theirs.” pointing to the elf on the left Kynth explained; “This is shadow. the own on my right is night. Remember that and all will be fine. Now let’s go.”
Without a further word Kynth set of on his way towards the his father’s manor.
As you reach the noble district Kynth suddenly walks up to a very small alley. He opens a trapdoor at the side of the street and gestures towards it. “There you go. Our smelly entrance into my father’s manor.” Seeing the look of disgust on Ilokir’s face Kynth Smirks. “What? Never sneaked through a sewer before, prettyboy?” Shadow and night quickly lowered themselves into the sewer and then Ilokir followed trying his best not to vomit as he stood to his knees in the foul water. With some help Thorelean followed and as last Kynth lowered himself, closing the trapdoor as he went.
“Alright people lets move.” Leading the way through the maze like sewer Kynth quickly found what he was looking for and halted the party.
Standing on Shadow’s knee Kynth opened a trapdoor and pulled himself through. He lowered a rusted steel ladder and the others quickly moved up. In front of them was only darkness till Shadow made light and lit a torch. They were in a small room which looked like none had been there in ages. “Our house is build on ground that used to be a open road. They never bothered to remove the sewer entrance.” explained Kynth “Me brother and I used to play here when we were little. We had someone made the ladder for us and a trapdoor towards the cellar entrance so we could access this place easily.”
“Now listen up. If we go out that trapdoor we will find ourselves on the stairway towards the kitchen. In the kitchen is a hatch in the wall which leads directly towards my father’s study. Night is small enough to fit through it and of what I have seen yesterday prettyboy is probably small enough too. They move through the hatch and from there towards the door of the study. Form there they can watch the hallway for guards. The guards can come form two sides if you stand in the doorway of the study. Either form the front when they come from the manor entrance, or from your right when they come from the guard room at the end of the hall. Got it?”
Kynth watched Ilokir thinking it over and when he nodded Kynth continued.
“The others will follow me out of the kitchen, through the door and into the backyard. If we stay close to the wall the guard at the door will not spot us. From the garden we will enter the hall. We have to move through the hall, past the guardsroom, who will hopefully have the door shut. We then continue towards the study were we will rally again. There I will explain the next part.”

As it was said it was done. Kynth left the cellar first quickly followed by Night and Shadow. As you moved out and into the kitchen your eye falls on Hatch in the right wall. For a second you wonder how anyone could fit through that but by then Night ahs already opened it and slipped through. Ilokir follows, trying his best not to get stuck he eventually pushes himself through.
In the room Night has moved towards the door and gestures for silence towards you. Ilokir sneaks towards the door but stops as he hears the heavy footsteps of someone. As the footsteps die away he sneaks on towards the door. There Night opens it a little and peers out into the hall. When he gestures all is safe you signal towards Kynth at the hatch and they disappear out of sight.

Kynth quickly opens one of the kitchen doors and rushes past the outside walls towards the hallway door. Thorelean is next. He tries to as swift and silent as Kynth but is hindered by his bad leg. But with the help of Shadow he manages to make it without alarming the guard. As they reach the doorway Kynth gesture to be silent. Seconds alter he reopens the door and rushes through the hall, around the corner and into the study. Thorelean and Shadow follow slowly behind him. Al reach the study without attracting attention. Closing the door behind Thorelean Kynth gestured the others to come closer.
“The first bit went good.” whispered Kynth “Now for the hard part. We need to leave this room and sneak across the hallway towards the main entrance of the manor. That part is pretty simple. We leave through this door and go through the door opposite of this one. Then you are in the entrance hall. From there we stay close to the wall and move up the stairs. Upstairs There is only one room totally safe. That is the dining room. It is at the end of the hallway at your left. Don’t take the second room to your left since that is the room that used to belong to my mother. I have no idea who lives there now so stay out of it.” Kynth felt silent for a second to check if everyone was still listening.
“Now to get to my father’s room you have to walk to the end of the hallway and take the corridor to your right. At your right you will find my fathers room. At your left you will find the rooms of his two most trusted retainers. Ilokir you take one of those rooms and kill the bastard in there. Shadow will take the other. Thorelean you will stay on the corridor and inform us when our situation goes bad. I and Night will kill my father. May things go bad and you can’t make it to the dining room unseen your best chance is rushing through my fathers room and look for two big doors. The doors will lead to a big balcony. From the balcony it is only a short distance to the backdoor or the kitchen.”
Suddenly Kynth falls silent. You hear heavy footsteps walk on the hallway as they suddenly paused in front of the door. A voice comes from the other side of the door. “Did you also hear something?” a other voice replied “No. What did you hear.” the first voice spoke again “I don’t know but it sounded like voices.” A third harsh voice came. “Either open that door and show us who ever these voices belong to or stop drinking on your night watch.”
Before anyone can do something Kynth draws his swords, kicks open the doors and storms at the guards. One guard is hit in the face by the door the other by a slice across the face from Kynth’s sword, the third side steps Kynth’s attack and draws his sword. Kynth however doesn’t pay attention. He rushes past the guard across the hall, through the door and into the entrance hall. As you draw your swords to defend yourself form the guards you hear Kynth rushing up the stairs. Well so much for working together.
Night and shadow but shoot at the guards. The one with the harsh voice blocks the bolt slamming the door shot, while the one with the slash across his face gets hit in the shoulder of his shield arm. Then also Shadow and Night draw there swords and move in for the attack.
You face three heavily armoured guards. All armed with sword and shield. Closest to you stands the guard who was hit by the door. Blood is dripping form his nose but otherwise he seems in perfect condition. On the other side stands the guard with the fresh slash across his face. The bolt in his shoulder is hindering him in the use of his shield and the slash has caused blood to drip in his left eye. Between them stands the guard with the harsh voice. By the way he side stepped Kynth’s attack and the way he holds his cool in this situation, suggest that he is a battle veteran and defiantly in charge here.

“The heretic is recognisable through his tallness, his dreadlocks and he is missing the top of his left ear. I doubt he will have any companions with him in jail. May he have them it still won’t be a problem. After all they are in jail and will be unarmed. Now let’s move.”
The acolyte turned away from Damian and rushed of towards the south end of the city.

As you reach the guardhouse you immediately see that something is wrong. The door is open and in the doorway lies a guard, pierced with bolts.
You draw your weapons and slowly move closer. “Wait here. I will go and check inside” whispers Nargoth as he takes his shield form his back and straps it to his arm. He slowly moves into the hall followed by Damian, both staying as much behind there shields as they can. Halfway through the hallway they spot shadows moving around over by the holding cells. Quietly cursing the badly lit room Nargoth and Damian move closer. Suddenly the shadows stop moving and seconds later three bolts fly at Nargoth. Two bounce of his shield, but the third one pierces his right pauldron. It didn’t hit flesh, but it limits the use of his sword arm.
“We are going to need some help here, Andronar.” shouted Nargoth. “How much of them?” shouts the acolyte before Andronar can reply. “From the looks of it around 3 three.” came Nargoth’s reply.
As you make a quick look around the doorway you consider your situation. Who ever is attacking you is at the end of the hallway and is using the shadows to conceal were they are. You will need to walk down the hallway to get to them and unfortunately there isn’t much cover. The only thing to hide behind is a big square oakwood table, 5 feet away from you. However that thing looks very heavy.
In the middle are Nargoth and Damian, trying to get as much cover out of their shields as they can. It is working for now, but it will only be a matter of time before the attackers are going to aim at feet and heads.
Last edited by Morvai on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Ilokir wonders why he had let him entrap in this mission. Not only physically he felt it was wrong, but also morally. Their small party was sneaking in to murder an elf in his own house. That elf proved to be a loyal follower of the Warrior, while they were 'hired' by a heretic. Did this imply he was a heretic too, sneaking through the dark instead of fighting like a true elf?
Kynth is not the only one who troubles Ilokir. While he scrambles cursing through the narrow gangways, he keeps wondering which role Thorelean is playing. Definately he could trust him, that was clear, but why didn't he kill Kynth and why didn't Karan interfere? Ilokir can't understand why to kill the father and the brother, and to let this wretch live. Perhaps Thorelean was using Kynth as a tool, to destroy the house Ferralin, only to kill a weakened Kynth afterwards. That part of the story he likes most, Ilokir can't surpress a grin. Perhaps Kynth will loose one of the two retinues in the oncoming combat, there is so much that can happen in combat.. Ilokir softly touches he hilt of his sword, a gesture that has become habit since he arrived in Naggaroth. Iceit was called during centuries, and tonight it would freeze again the life out of it victims.

Ilokir suddenly spots three black figures when he reaches the hallway with Night. He gestures with his hand towards the oncoming party to halt, when a few seconds later Kynth rushes by to charge the guards. "So far for the stealth", Ilokir sighs, "But the least you can say of him is that he has guts." Ilokir drops his shield, knowing that in these close quarters it will prove to be way to cumbersome. In a swift movement, he unsheats his longsword with a hiss and one of his throwing daggers. "Let's enter the dance", Ilokir grins at Thorelean.

Ilokir studies the movements of the three guards and slowly moves around the fray to spot the right occasion for a surprise attack. When he sees a gap in the defence of one of the guards, Ilokir will fling the dagger at his throat before entering the melee.

edit: sorry for the short post, but I'm posting between two exams..
Last edited by Ilokir lúinwë on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Alright everyone,
The part for Andronar and co has been posted too, so get posting!

ps. I blame graduation parties and lots of alcohol for my lateness. :lol:
Jarlaxel drie
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jarlaxel drie »

Damian looks from the table to the end of the hallway where the attackers must be hiding. Griping his sword tighter in his hand he dashes for the table and swings his sword for the outside leg intent on damaging it enough for the table to tip over and offer enough cover from the bolts so that he and his companions can regroup from the sudden assault. "Go for the other front leg, we have to bring this table down or we'll be pincushions after the next barage" Damian calls out to his warrior companion. Praying to whatever god is listning, he concentraits fully on cutting out the leg of the table and getting on its side.
((ooc: I hope this is good. I fear I have gotten rusty. And thank you Ilokir Lúinwë, I look forward to rping again.))
"A wise man once told me to never look for the dagger coming for your back, for you will miss the sword coming from the front" Jarlaxel Drie (second acount of Damian)
King of fools
Corsair

Post by King of fools »

As Nargoth shouts for help Andronar is practically already there due to his panther like speed. He makes sure to stay behind the two warriors and quickly peers over the top of them to see ahead.

"It's no good gentleman I cannot see our assailants, this room is far too dark"

He turns to shout backward.

"Mel'reyna we need all the help we can get here. If you have a ranged weapon now would be the time to use it."

He stays behind the two warriors and suggests an idea.

"I think we may be able to use this badly lit room to our advantage. You two concentrate on moving that table and I will try and draw as much of the fire as possible. I may just be fast enough to avoid getting hit at all."
Strong winds, magic mists, to Asgard the Valkyries fly. High overhead, they carry the dead, where the blood of my enemy lies.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Thorelean disliked stealth; it smelled of treason and treachery, and he had no talent in it. Sneaking about, then, was done at considerable pain to his bad leg; he had not worried about the sewer, for the reek of week-dead corpses was much worse than anything mere sewage could produce, and he cared not one whit for the background of the place.

The manor was a large and spaceous thing, complete with security vulnerabilities and clear shots. So much for the better; they could take on the guard patrols piecemeal as they went through, if that was their wish - sooner or later, most of the guards would have to die, he suspected. A pity to kill people for loyalty.

A flicker of annoyance shot through his mind as they were discovered, and another one as the fool charged; probably, he would have to be dealt with later. Thorelean did not trust him in the slightest, and it would be easier to slip away from the chaos if this traitor - to his own kin, no less! - was dead.

He glanced about the situation. They should have it in control; a single veteran oughtn't be a problem; hopefully, their dear patron could keep him occupied while the rest of the group wiped out the others.
"Shades, pick your targets carefully. Support the blonde boy; your master should fight his battle on his own."
So speaking, he waded in to cover Ilokir's back; mostly defensive fighting, but his enchanted blade would lash out at any target of opportunity, exposed back or lax parry. Mostly, though, he would try to block blows aimed at himself or the other elf.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Mel'Reyna didn't really see what she could do in this situation, despite Andronar's call for assistance. The hallway was quite crowded already and there was no way that the little amount of armor that she wore would protect her from oncoming bolts if she had no room to take advantage of her quickness and dodge them. She had no ranged weapons either, obviously, although Andronar seemed to have forgotten that little detail.

She would have loved to get in on the action, as it had been a little while since she'd seen any blood, but for now it was impossible. She stayed safely around the corner, leaning her back against the wall and crossing her arms, waiting while the others dealt with the attackers.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

As Ilokir throws his dagger at the scarred guard, the veteran charges him. Thorelean counter-charges and blocks the first attacks of the veteran. Meanwhile the scarred guards hits the floor, blood pouring out of the wound in his throat.
Knowing that Thorelean can handle the veteran, Ilokir charges the remaining guard. The guard blocks Ilokir’s first blow with his shield. Seeing a opportunity Night stabs the guard in his unprotected side. In return the guard bashes his shield against Night’s head. Ilokir attacks but is parried. The guard is obviously a good fighter, but he is out numbered and wounded, sooner or later he will slip up.
Thorelean parries a blow aimed at his side with his enchanted sword. He tries a quick bash with his shield but the veteran blocks with his own shield. Meanwhile Shadow is looking for a opening. Not finding one he backs off from the fight and takes up his crossbow again.
As Night attacks from the left, Ilokir feints a attack from the right. The guard falls for it and tries to block both, in doing so leaving himself open for an attack. Ilokir stabs for the gut of the guard, his sword sunk into the guards flesh. As the strength is fading out of the guard Night finishes him off with a quick stab in the throat.
Knowing the fight is lost the veteran shouts to alarm the other guards. Seizing the moment Thorelean strikes at the veteran, his enchanted sword cleaves through the veteran’s armour. As the veteran staggers back, Shadow dashes past Thorelean and shoots the veteran in the head at point black range.
Seeing guards come from the guard office at the end of the hall Night orders; “Quick, to the stairs. At the stairs there numbers won’t have an advantage, but our crossbows will.” Since you don’t have a better idea, you rush for the stairs. As you reach the stairs you spot Kynth standing above them. “Hurry, crossbows behind, shield in front. And don’t worry about reinforcements from upstairs. I have tied their doors shut.” You have no further time to argue since the first guards are nearing the stairs. The stairs is just wide enough for two people to pass each other without touching each other. Ilokir and Thorelean form the shieldwall, Night and Shadow will be the support and Kynth takes the role of reinforcement. Just as you are all in position the first two guard reach you. Again they are armed with sword and shield and again they are in full armour.

As Andronar sprints from one side of the hallway to the other, Nargoth follows Damian. With two blows from his bastard sword Nargoth cleaves the leg of the table. After Damian third blow the table falls over as the leg snaps with a loud crack.
Seeing that there is only room for four people behind the table the acolyte quickly gives orders. Turning towards the two witches in front of him he says; “You go and hide behind the table. As soon as your there wait until I charge, then follow me.” As Mel’Reyna and Yulria rush towards the table, Andronar is having a hard time dodging the bolts flying at him. The first were dodged easily, however now the shooters had figured out his strategy and had a new strategy themselves. They fired at the place they thought he was going and it had only been through luck that Andronar hadn’t been hit by the last volley. Cursing their luck in guessing were he was going Andronar increased his speed even more. Suddenly the acolyte rushed past him. The acolyte jumped into the next chamber and by the sound of it he had rushed straight into one of the shooters.
Using the momentum Damian, Mel’Reyna and Yulria charged forward. As you rush through the doorway you see the acolyte wrestling with someone on the ground. On your left stands a shade, who has now dropped his crossbow and has drawn two short swords. On your right stands a warrior in chainmail and a black cloak, he too has dropped his crossbow and has picked up the bastard sword that laid in front of him.

ooc:
Alright everyone,
I was a tad late with this piece, but then again it is nemesis crown campaign so I have a pretty good excuse.
Anyway, get posting!
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

The fight was easy, to easy as a matter of fact. It was a marvellous feeling that he and Thorelean would cover each other spontaniously, but there wasn't an opportunity yet to sacrifice one of Kynth's retainers in a fight. It wasn't heart warming either to see Night and Shadow fighting. Their skill with the blade and crossbow wasn't brilliant, to say the least, or so it appeared..

When the guard sounds the alarm, Ilokir pulls his dagger free and grabs his shield in a hurry. "To the stairs!". Ilokir hates it to cover behind a shield. A blade was to be wielded on its own, the Chracian way. The pure beauty of a whirling blade waving a sacred pattern is in raw contrast with the nervous covering behind a shield. "What are we lucky to serve under such a strategic mastermind," Ilokir softly mentions to Thorelean when they await the charge. "What do you feel about loosing at least one of his retainers before this is done?" Ilokir speaks with a very soft voice to make certain he can not be overheard by Night or Shadow.

When the first attackers are within range, Ilokir will try to stab over their shields with his sword. He knows that inevitably the shock of shield against shield will come, and he prays for enough strenght to stand against the charge. Perhaps it is even possible to unbalance them and countercharge...

King of fools
Corsair

Surprise.

Post by King of fools »

As Andronar avoided the last bolt he realised he was a little outside of the combat area. It seemed that the enemy had forgotten about him due to the rush of new blood entering the room... a very big mistake to make.

Almost as quickly as the enemy warrior and shade had entered Andronar made his move. As the warrior discarded his crossbow and was going to pick up his bastard sword Andronar scuttled like a spider to the warriors discarded crossbow and in one full motion made an attempt to pick up the weapon and unload a bolt into the warriors stunned face before he had known what hit him.

If Andronar succeeds in his task then he shall himself discard the crossbow and draw his rapier and dagger to continue combat... if however he fails, well... may Khaine be unusually merciful.
Strong winds, magic mists, to Asgard the Valkyries fly. High overhead, they carry the dead, where the blood of my enemy lies.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Thorelean grunted. Several blows were traded between the two veterans, but eventually he proved the better. Blood gushed over him as he delivered the killing blow. The retreat was well thought-out; from this position, they should be able to deliver swift death to their foes, so long as they could hold their little shield wall. He concentrated for a moment before nodding to show he understood and muttering to the blonde elf.
"Illokir, stand your ground. Whatever happens, do not let them past your shield; let the archers deal death from above, for while our position is a strong one all it will take is one lucky blow to end either one of us, should he let his guard down. If the opportunity comes to slay one of them," he added with a slight nod to his behind, "it should be seized, but for now we must concentrate on holding them or we will succomb to their superior numbers."
He set himself firmly, awaiting the jarring impact of shield upon shield that he knew so well.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Morvai

Post by Morvai »

As the shields crash into each other you feel the shock go through your entire body, however you stand your ground.
Seeing two guards fall to the crossbow fire, motivates the guards to push on harder.
Ilokir stabs over his shield and into the guard’s throat. As the dead guard falls of the stairs a new one immediately rushes at Ilokir. Stepping up behind Ilokir, Kynth throws a knife at the charging guard. As the knife pierces the guards throat Kynth grins. “There are only six of them left. You take one, Thorelean takes one, I take two and night and shadow can have the last two.” Having said that Kynth jumps form the stairs and rolls to his feet, he draws his swords and charge the first guard insight. As Kynth jumped the guard battling Thorelean tried to strike at the jumping Kynth. Seeing his opportunity, Thorelean stabbed past his shield, upwards past the guards armourplate and into his flesh. Grabbing his bleeding side the guard loses his footing and falls of the stairs.
As night and Shadow shoot two more guards Ilokir sees his chance for some sword fighting. Dropping his shield, he rushes of the stairs and charges the first guard insight. Swinging his sword, with two hands, into a wide arc aimed for the head, Ilokir attacks. The guard, still surprised by the sudden attack, clumsily blocks the blow. As Ilokir’s sword skims past the edge of the guards sword, and later past his head, Ilokir ends the arc with a sudden upwards slash. As Ilokir’s sword bites deep into the guards flesh, the guard makes a quick slash at Ilokir’s head. Seeing the sword coming for his head Ilokir quickly dodges the blow, he was however not quick enough. The sword skims over his head, cutting of some hair and drawing a thin line of blood.
As you look around for a new target you see Kynth drawing his sword from a dieing guards throat. A little further on lays another dieing guard, bleeding from numerous cuts on the face and neck. Kynth self is bleeding from numerous cuts too, mostly minor cuts on his unprotected arms. Not sparing a minute to talk, Kynth rushes up the stairs. As he runs he shouts; “Come on, hurry up! Let’s kill the old fart before anymore guards come.”

As you reach the top of the stairs you find yourself in a hallway. At the end you see a door, a little back you see a hallway entrance to the left. At your left is a door, it is blocked by a small oak wood table and tied shut with a rope. The rope is at one end tied to the doorknob and on the other end tied to a heavy iron torch holder.
While you take a second to observe your new surrounding, Kynth and his retinue walk on. As they almost reach the hallway entrance to the left, 3 heavy armoured elves walk out, talking among themselves. As both groups spot each other, both groups need a second to over come the initial surprise of finding other warriors in the hallway. However after that all three warriors draw their weapons lightning fast and attack Kynth and the others. Kynth and Night have drawn their swords fast enough to block the first attacks, however Shadow wasn’t that lucky. He couldn’t draw his weapon fast enough and was rewarded with a cut in his shoulder and a sword stabbed in his gut. As he staggers back you charge.
The elf in front of you is armed in similar fashion to his two associates, with two short swords.

Much faster then expected, the shade drew his swords. He leaped at Yulria and unleashed a fury of quick slashes. She tried to block as many as she could but many past her guard, leaving numerous small cuts on her arms.
On the other side Mel’Reyna wasn’t doing much better. The warrior may not be as quick as she was but he had skill. He blocked most of her attacks, the ones he didn’t block he let bounce of his armour on purpose so he had room to make attacks back. Holding his bastard sword with two hands he hacked away at Mel’Reyna. Focussing fully on dodging the warriors attacks and looking for a chance to strike back, she almost tripped over Andronar who was trying to sneak past her in order to reach the crossbow. The second they took to silently curse each other almost became their end as the bastard sword came rushing down at them. Dodging aside, the bastard sword hit the floor were Mel’Reyna and Andronar had been mere seconds ago. Jumping to her feet Mel’Reyna charged the warrior with renewed strength. The fury of her attack drove the warrior back.
Seeing his chance Andronar rushed for the crossbow only to find it unloaded. After checking if everyone was still busy fighting, Andronar quickly loaded the crossbow.
As the warrior parried one of Mel’ Reyna’s attacks and prepared to take the offensive again, Andronar saw his chance. He shot the crossbow and hit the warrior straight in the face. The bolt pierced the warriors skull and seconds later the body hit the ground.
On the other side Yulria and Damian had finished the shade off.
The acolyte approached Andronar, who had just got up and tossed the crossbow aside.
“The Heretic is not here. So why don’t you prove useful for once and find out were he went.”

“Had you not killed that last assailant then, we could have questioned him and spared ourselves the trouble of having to search for information.” spat Andronar back at the acolyte.

“The same could be said about you.” said the acolyte with a smirk. “Besides, it’s against Khaine’s teachings to take prisoners.”

Before Andronar could reply Hauclir spoke. For a second you wonder were he had been all the time. When you remember that he never entered the room when you charge, you can only concluded that he is a coward. However, as he was about to prove once again, he was a useful coward.

“If I make a request at the office of Karan we can have to location of the Heretic in a few hours.”

The acolyte nodded. “I don’t see much other options. Do it!”

Hauclir looked for confirmation towards Andronar. When he too nodded, Hauclir rushed of towards the palace.

As the acolyte moved towards the exit of the building Nargoth tapped Andronar on the shoulder.

“There is something you must see.” said Nargoth as he walked into the direction of the elf that the acolyte had killed.
“Take a good look at him. See that? He died because of two cuts in his chest. From the looks of it made by either a long dagger or a short sword.”

“So?” said Andronar. “What’s the problem?”

“I haven’t seen our khainite friend carry any weapons.” Replied Nargoth dryly. “But that I can’t see were he carries his weapons in not the biggest problem to me. How he has drawn his weapons in the struggle and how fast he must have concealed them again for none of us to have seen them. That is worrying me.”

before Andronar could reply Hauclir hurries back in and addresses Andronar.
“In my haste I almost forgot to ask were me meet up again.”

“Meet us back at the inn were we first met. It’s certainly not my favourite place to be but as rallypoint it will do just fine.”

Hauclir nodded and rushed off again.

Alright,
Axel, Mel, Sirist and Jarlaxel: You have some time for yourself while Hauclir finds out were Kynth is.
You can use your time to visit ONE of the following locations:

The Inn: May purchase a healthy meal to replenish your energy or spend a few hours in one of the Inn’s rooms for a fee. Inn’s also provide many sources of gossip and information and can prove helpful for those looking for work.

The Weaponsmith: May purchase “MELEE EQUIPMENT” (See ‘Item and Skills’ thread in the Character Creation & Trading forum)

The Fletcher: May purchase “RANGED EQUIPMENT” (See ‘Item and Skills’ thread in the Character Creation & Trading forum)

The Armourer: May purchase “ARMOUR” (See ‘Item and Skills’ thread in the Character Creation & Trading forum)

The General Store: Purchase food and helpful items such as rope, firewood and backpacks from the General Store.

Barracks: For a fee, have an instructor teach you a new fighting skill or improve your skill with a chosen weapon (WARRIORS ONLY)

The Shadowwalker Inn: For a fee, have an instructor teach you a new stealth or agility skill or improve your skill with a chosen weapon (SHADES ONLY)

Temple of Khaine: For a fee, have an instructor teach you a new Khainite skill or improve your skill with a chosen weapon. Alternatively, you may purchase speciality weapons and/or poisons (TRAINEES ONLY)

Gambling Dens: Take a chance and play a number of games of luck for the chance to win gold pieces

Black Market: Although pricey, it is possible to buy magic items and potions from the black market, although no items are guaranteed to actually work correctly!

Fighting Pits: Battle it out in fights to the death against Slaves in the fighting pits. If you win, you are rewarded with prizes, if the slave wins, they are rewarded with freedom!

The Docks: Earn gold coin for hard labour. Also, the destination if you require the “services” of one of the cities many harlots and prostitutes.

The Slave Pits/Stables: For a large sum of money, you can purchase a slave to do with as you please. Alternatively, Mules and Dark Steeds can be purchased if you need to get anywhere in a hurry.

Ilokir and Ashnari:
You are required to kick some retainer ass.

posting deadline: 19th August
Last edited by Morvai on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

The warrior was no match for Ilokir. He could easily read the clumsy patterns in the defense of his adversary. Ilokirs sword kissed the life out of him with a vicious upward thrust, an attack he experienced Druchii didn't adopt in their fighting style, which for a swordfighter is a deadly mistake.

When looking around, Ilokir spots Kynth, grotesquely covered in fresh cut wounds. The way he stood there reminds Ilokir to a human. As savage and uncivilised. Ilokir feels the rush to charge, but surpresses the urge and follows upstairs to kill the old fart. The elf disgusts him more than ever.

When reaching the gallery, Kynth and his retainers are already locked in combat. Ilokir watches with glee as Shadow stumbles sorely wounded towards him. Ilokir swiftly pulls one of his throwing knives and with a quick movement slits the throath of Shadow as he passes him by. When he looks around he sees that all the guards are locked in melee but one. Then he engages the guard who is coming for him. With a grin and a gaze full of unconcealed disdain, Ilokir waits for him knowing he has the advantage of a longsword. As the guard eagerly charges, Ilokir after a brief exchange of blows suddenly blocks one of the swords of the guard and clasps it with a twist between the spikes of his other hand's vambrace. While having the guard totally off balance this way, he quickly puts the edge of his sword on the guards throat. In fluent Eltharin Ilokir whispers in the guards ear; "The Reaper awaits you, vile Druchii", before slicing his gullet.

Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Alright people,
First of all my sincere apologies for the lateness of the second part of the post.
I recently got a new job and that screwed up a few things. I also went to celebrate the coming of my first pay check a few times to many. :lol:
However the post is up, including (possibly) our new system of gaining skills.
Secondly, we are on a Deadline again for I have the feeling that I’m not the only slacker here.

Now that all that is said, get posting!
King of fools
Corsair

Post by King of fools »

Andronar scowls and glares at hauclir as he departs.

"Against Khaines teachings to take prisoners??? Not if we enslave, torture and filet them it isn't ...something I may well do to that Hauclir fellow if he continues to give me attitude."

Andronar examined his handywork as he kicked the fallen warrior he had just recently bolted in the face.

"Something is not right about that moron and I can't quite put my finger on it. In fact I am not even sure that he is who he says he is. What say we interrogate him upon his return and find out? Afterall Khainanite or no Khaine is fond of the odd bit of torture, and I don't think it matters to him who we inflict it upon.

As for what we do next, before any of you ask, welll I would put that to a vote. As for me I am happy to go wherever the rest of you may wish to."
Last edited by King of fools on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Mel'Reyna was rather unpleased with herself, disappointed with her performance in the fight that the group had just taken part in. She blocked everything out for a few moments, including Andronar's whining, attempting to regain her focus and make sure that she would be ready for the next battle when it came.

She was delighted to hear about the fighting pits, which gave her the perfect opportunity to redeem herself in the eyes of Khaine, as well as in her own mind. Without waiting to see the result of Andronar's vote or saying a word to anybody, she walked off in the direction of the pits, as eager as ever to spill blood in the name of her beloved God.
King of fools
Corsair

Post by King of fools »

Andronar steps into the doorway in front of Mel'Reyna.

"And just where are we going? You can't just go waltzing off... especially after that terrible excuse for a performance. Every scumbag in the city probably saw that and should you leave here alone they will no doubt take advantage."

Andronars eyes narrowed.

"You seem to have forgotten that we are a group, and a group acts as a unit like it or not. The vote stands, we go where the majority decide."
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

-"Oh yes, assuming that all of those scumbags that you mention have the ability to see through walls. And you seem to have forgotten that what I do in my spare time is none of your concern, so spare me the lecture and get out of my way."

Mel'Reyna's temper was already beginning to flare. She hated taking orders, especially since Andronar was giving them in such a patronizing fashion, which really annoyed her. As soon as she had finished her last sentence, she continued walking forward, attempting to shove Andronar out of her way.
King of fools
Corsair

Post by King of fools »

Andronar refused to move and hissed at Mel'Reyna as she attempted to get through.

"Druchii don't need to see through walls when they have eyes everywhere. I have no doubt we are already being observed and are walking a knife edge...especially with that Hauclir creep skulking about. Now I suggest you listen to reason and ask our most recent accomplice what he would like to do...then we move as a group."
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Right, time for a explanation why there isn’t a modpost yet.
My computer crashed and I have spent the last couple of days trying to save the damn thing. However the effort was all in vain, it died.
Luckily I know someone who is really good with computers, so monday I will send it to him and he will fix it.
So if all goes well we should have a modpost at the end of next week.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Problem solved. Modpost will be up aroud the end of the week.