TAU: Tzeentch Among Us game- OOC & Closed Sign Up thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Hey, I just remembered I made a sig with a Tzeentch character in it that I have just lying around, so I changed the text to make kind of a little banner for TAU or something. Anyways if you want to use it, here it is! :P

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

If the sixteeth place is still going, I'd like it. If you want to keep it reserved though, that's fine too.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Thats An Excellent Sig of Tzeetch amongst us, Mel'Reyna. Is the sorcerer from Warhammer Online? While your other sig is just as good as the top one, perhaps better!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Mel'Reyna wrote:Hey, I just remembered I made a sig with a Tzeentch character in it that I have just lying around, so I changed the text to make kind of a little banner for TAU or something. Anyways if you want to use it, here it is! :P

Wow... Can I take it to my sig?

lordofthenight: I will take you to the list. I am still waiting for Drakhan, though, but if he isn't here until next Wednesday we'll start with this group. Or earlier, if people desperately wants to.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Dudes and dudette, awesomeness of the picture aside, remember that we're on D.net: no pictures allowed. Link to it, instead, and those interested will find their way to it: "Tzeentch Among Us" signature

To stomp my rule-fascist boot a bit harder home: signature images are limited to 10KB.

It's a really cool picture, so I feel a little kill-joyish for pointing it out, but someone has to...
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Draknir Reaverblade wrote:Wow... Can I take it to my sig?

Yeah of course, just let me link you to a version that's 10kb (the quality is very low because of the 10kb restriction, although you can use the real one on Asur.org if you really want to :P )

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9636/tzeentchamongus10kbbe7.jpg

Khelmor wrote:Thats An Excellent Sig of Tzeetch amongst us, Mel'Reyna. Is the sorcerer from Warhammer Online? While your other sig is just as good as the top one, perhaps better!

Thanks! ^.^ It's the Tzeentch Magus from WarhammerOnline, this is the original image:

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/images/conceptArt/112006_cart_04.jpg

Tarbo, sorry about my sig being a tiny bit over 10, I don't know why that happens, on my computer it says it's 9.84 (I set it to save below 10). Does it really make that much of a difference? :S

The quality is already really crappy compared to what it was before being compressed so much, can't I just borrow half a kb from your sig since you're not using one? :P

Hehe I'm just kidding though, if you really need me to change it just let me know.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

I was referring to wishing to siggify the Tzeentch image, which was over 20KB, not the signature itself. ;) I'm not in a position to demand anything: my iron fist is over at the RPG; I'm a regular user around here.

As for the image being larger than intended, it is possible your image manipulation program or the server add metadata rather than serving the file as-is. I don't think those 500-odd bytes are going to be an issue; it depends on how strictly the admins wish to enforce the rule. I'll look into where those odd bytes come from.

You can try setting the image resolution to 72dpi rather than 100; I believe the difference will be little noticeable while reducing some size. But I'm not an expert.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

hi all, my internet has beeon on the fritz so i havn't been on it a while but this game sounds real interesting, i was wandering if i could join?
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

@Scott Lyon: As you can see, the signup sheet is full. I was not planning to take more than 16 players, but we are waiting for Drakhan (who has a VIP access to these things) But I shall remember you, if someone has to be removed due to inactivity (which I although doubt)

Damnit, I should've done this a 20 player game from the very start.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

New set: Scott Lyon added to the players list as a seventeenth player. *NO MORE PLAYERS ACCEPTED* It seems indeed pointless to wait for Drakhan, and I am eager to get this thing started.

The TAU is starting up, and I start to assigning roles to people.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I would just like to anounce here that I shall be going by the name of Altath Nhga during this TAU. Drainial shadow heart already being a wanted elf in Naggroth for the crime of Tzeentch worship, the chances of him showing up at a thing like this are none existant.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Indeed, understood and accepted.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Do we know in the game who eachother votes for?
Andreas
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

We do. Some people have already voted, and you can see it in their post.

And I'm going by Korzan Moriketh for this, as I mentioned to Draknir.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

A bit late to say this but I shall be playing kaleth Sarradain. Who is a loyal servant of Slaanesh...Luckily where not looking for the Slaanesh worshippers ey?

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

We are looking for Tzeentchians, yes. Kaleth's faith in the Prince of Pleasure shall be safe during this council.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Hi all, I have a question of opinion to add, only to give some finishing touches to the game: Should the Day be longer than the 3 days as it is now? I had set the deadline, but the nightfall still seemed to come like *poof* in the middle of the discussion. Would you like to continue the discussion/voting part longer than the time it is now?

No, I'm not going to prolong the time to a week or so, but a 24 hours more would affect the game a bit.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I think perhaps adding an extra day would not hurt.

On another note: I have to leave for London the 23rd, which I of course forgot when signing up to this game. I am in doubt of whether I mgiht be able to get to a computer while there, and if I do, I will not be able to post more than once a day, I believe. Sollution?
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Remember; post at least once a day. Otherwise there will be problems. One post a day willl seem a bit absent to other players, but I'll think of something that no-one will get lynched if their absence can be explained with a reasonable explanation.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

It takes about 48-72 for all people to post something in SAUs. If the Day is only 72 hours, that's going to make things very, very difficult for the council. For instance, the first Day passed with very few people having more than one post, with a good part of those posts being minimalistic.

We may need a deadline to encompass both activity and discussion, and 72 hours is a bit short for that. But I'll go with whatever the host decides.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

So, I'll be going to London today, so from here on until the 28th, my participation will be somewhat limited. I will do my best to post every daycycle though.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

I think that the people who havn't even bothered to post yet should be removed. they make it harder for things to be done.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

I'm out of the game now(very cool writing btw Draknir) but I would advice you to try to avoid correcting each other through your characters.

So instead of saying(just examples, not aiming at anyone): "It will be fruitless to search the room" or "So you are a mind reader then?" when someone writes in OOC that they are searching the room or accidently comments on something someone else wrote in OOC.
I think the game would run better if you ignorered it and commented in OOC
Andreas
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Soupman wrote:So instead of saying(just examples, not aiming at anyone): "It will be fruitless to search the room" or "So you are a mind reader then?"

Not aiming at anyone, ey ;) Just kidding :P

You can't search a room in this game.

I said he was a mind reader, because I thought of something in my head in character though 'this person' somehow new what i was saying. Though we both acknowledged what had happened, and we got one with our work, simple as that.
We should just leave everything the way it is, for everyone undertands the OOC: thing not actually being IN character. It allows the person to say something while saying somethign In real Life. Plus adds more character I reckon if you say what you want in In character :P

Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Sorry, it was just the examples i could remember ;), you are a great addition to the game Khelmor
Andreas