Tzeentch Among Us- Plots and Politics- game thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Seleucis was getting grumpy. The situation was very tense, and the two remaining councillors were still to speak. Seleucis walked to Demendred and 51la5 and took a small crossbow pistol from his belt.

"You are too silent. No time for warnings anymore."

Seleucis finished off the shocked councillors with two fast bolts to the heads. His expression didn't move the slightest bit. Seleucis put his crossbow pistol back to his belt.

"Two more innocent dead. Action, people, action! Tonight there will be no more executions, but I hope that I have put some sense to your heads. Go to your rooms. Tomorrow will be the last day we talk. Good Night."

The Council thought Seleucis to have lost his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Players left:

1.Drainial Shadowheart
3.Khelmor
5.Morvai
8.Belial.
9.The Golden Arrow
16.lordofthenight

Deaths:
11.beastmaster kurlan; Innocent druchii. Roasted alive at Night 1.
14.~Asuryan Ghost~; removed at own request.
15.Soupman; Innocent druchii. Flayed and carefully spread onto the walls of his room at Night 2.
12.Cathalir Irz; Tzeentchian Spy. Removed due to inactivity.
6. Ashnari Doomsong; Innocent druchii. Executed at day 2.
4.Tarbo; Innocent druchii. Suffocated with shadows and fused to ceiling at night 3.
7.shadow dark; Innocent druchii. Executed at day 3.
13.Mel'Reyna
10.Lord Anubis; Innocent druchii. Driven to madness and inevitable suicide at Night 4.
17.Demendred; Innocent druchii. Executed due to inactivity at Day 4.
2.51la5; Innocent druchii. Executed due to inactivity at Day 4.

As you can see, I will no longer warn the inactive people. It is an execution at once.

Tomorrow will be the last game Day, so then the fate of the Council will be decided.

It is now Night. Day clears up again Wednesday 17th.
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Silas looked up when his name was called.
"yesterday we blamed the first person to vote and we were mistaken are enemy’s will have learned from are mistake and may well be hoping that they can make a early vote without drawing suspicion I will vote Demendred for now but I may well withdraw my vote if Demendred can give a good reason for voting strait away.
OOC:Dame I was right as you made your post o well guess I'm dead.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Shaking his head, Kaleth stood up and walked for the door, only pausing to turn back to the remaining council.
"I find it hard to believe, that a dead man can talk and vote for another dead man." said Kaleth, walking out the door. Walking to his room, Kaleth entered and flopped himself onto the bed. It had been a long day amd two people had been executed on sight for not speaking up. Looking down at the evidence Kaleth had gathered, Kaleth pondered on who the most likely murderers would be.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

OOC: Sorry 51la5, but I waited for two extra days for your and Demendred's reply. After that I decided not to wait anymore, to keep the game going.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

OOC: c'mn people. We need to get to the end of this game :)

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

(Draknir I have had an extremely bad flu for over a week now, I have been in hospital for several days and only just got released, I have been in bed and had no access to a computer. Can i still post or is my character dead)
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Sorry. I already killed your character. If i had known of your flu, I may have done otherwise, but in my opinion it is rather useless for you to continue anymore as it is the last Day going to clear. Maybe next game then? ;)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

To get back into On Topic:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Courthouse was quiet. It was foreseen that none of the councillors could sleep well that night. Among the waiters of sleep, was the Golden Arrow.

The Golden Arrow sat in the edge of his bed and thought deeply. What he could do in tomorrow's council? If it was the last day, the infiltrators needed to be captured.

The Golden Arrow lifted his head and with a lightning-fast turn he put his dagger on the throatof the black figure standing behind him.

"Good evening, master Golden Arrow." The figure spoke, with a voice like a hiss. Golden Arrow thought that it sounded vaguely familiar.

"So it is me then", Golden Arrow said. "But before you do anything threatening- except for appearing in my room- I would like to know who you are."

The Magister's face could not be seen, but Golden Arrow sensed that he smiled.

"I am no-one."

The Golden Arrow lifted his dagger arm to plunge it to the frame of the Magister, but he saw how the Magister pulled his hood backwards with skeletal hands.

The face that was revealed was far from Elven, there were no eyes to look back, no nose, no ears, just a bald, formless clump. The only recognisable feature was a mouth, huge gaping maw with sharp teeth, elongating from the faceless head.

The last thing the Golden Arrow saw was the inside of the mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seleucis had decided to wake up before anyone came to shake him. He had woken up early, but he was still laying on his bed. He yawned and turned to other side.

The sight made him almost scream.

On the other side of his bed lay the bleeding corpse of the Golden Arrow, with the complete face bitten off revealing brains and splintered skull.

The corpse had definately not been there the last time he had turned.

Seleucis ran to the corridor, shouting everyone to wake.

After seeing everyone to sit on their seat in the Hall, Seleucis prepared for a speech.

"Today is our last chance to find the spies. I was gven orders to spend five days with the Council, searching for the spies. Not all have been found, even thoguh Cathalir Irz was capture before he even came here.

Today you need to be cunning, and examine each other carefully. Today you need to be smart, to understand fully what each other says.

Today your fate is decided.

It is now Day.

Players left:

1.Drainial Shadowheart
3.Khelmor
5.Morvai
8.Belial.
16.lordofthenight

Deaths:
11.beastmaster kurlan; Innocent druchii. Roasted alive at Night 1.
14.~Asuryan Ghost~; removed at own request.
15.Soupman; Innocent druchii. Flayed and carefully spread onto the walls of his room at Night 2.
12.Cathalir Irz; Tzeentchian Spy. Removed due to inactivity.
6. Ashnari Doomsong; Innocent druchii. Executed at day 2.
4.Tarbo; Innocent druchii. Suffocated with shadows and fused to ceiling at night 3.
7.shadow dark; Innocent druchii. Executed at day 3.
13.Mel'Reyna
10.Lord Anubis; Innocent druchii. Driven to madness and inevitable suicide at Night 4.
17.Demendred; Innocent druchii. Executed due to inactivity at Day 4.
2.51la5; Innocent druchii. Executed due to inactivity at Day 4.
9.The Golden Arrow; Innocent druchii. Face bitten off at Night 5.

With five players remaining, three votes is considered a majority.

Posting deadline is Sunday 21st or after the three required votes have been cast for someone.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

(Yeah true, all right good game everyone, thank you for the game draknir and hopefully next time eh.)
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Biting on his lip, Kaleth cursed to himself. the Golden Arrow has been a good friend of his and now she was gone. All through the time of trying to rid the Council of such Heretics. Her loss would be remembered by Kaleth for a long time. All Kaleth's life revolved around Kaleth's friends dying. Looking up, he noticed how silent the Council had become and looking at all the empty seats. Blinking slightly, Kaleth raised his head and sighed, trying to figure out who would be the most likely suspect.

"I have been the only one who has spoken up in the last few days so I believe I must take action against the ones who have not spoken up for that is the last strand of evidence we can work on." stated Kaleth.

"The Person who has not spoken up for the longest time would be Belial....I am sorry but this is the possibly the best evidence this council could work on." said Kaleth, giving a sad look towards Belial.

Vote: Belial
Last edited by Khel on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial looked Khelmor in the eyes, defiantly.

"I will excuse for my late quitness, but I assure you, it is not because I am feeling guilty.

"Councillors... As Lord Seleucis has pointed out, this is our last chance if we are to weed out the traitors. With no substantial evidence we are indeed left to analyzing each others words. The time for random voting has passed - this is our last chance, and we should use it as best as possible. Thus, voting based on who spoke last, seems very irresponsible.

"But, as it seems I am none the less on the stand, I will pose a simple question, in my defence: What reason would I have to kill The Golden Arrow? He never, as far as I remember, voted against me, or indeed even spoke against me..."

Belial looked at the four other remaining councillors, and shook his head.

"In my oppinion, it could be any of you. None of you has acted particularly suspicious..."
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

"To be honest Khelmor, you seem to be leading us around at the moment. While you may be simply a concerned counciller, it seems almost as if you have some hidden agenda, as if you are the only one able to keep their cool amidst the chaos. There is of course no evidence that highlights you from among the group, but nor would I expect there to be if you've played us this well."

Vote Khelmor
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

"You think I'm the only one acting cool amidst the chaos!" hissed Kaleth.

"Are you so insolent that you cannot see what I was sent here to do? I and all of you were sent here to rid the Council of these Traitors, and all I have been doing is attempting to do so. All you have been doing is throwing in your lot. Agreeing with our statements, throwing your web of evil throughout the council." growled Kaleth, the anger bubling up inside.

Looking across to Belial, Kaleth nodded in agreement. Turning fully around to face Belial, Kaleth said. "Why would you kill the Golden Arrow? I guess no one here could answer that, but for all we know, you could of murdered the whole rest of this council." finished Kaleth.

Turning back, Kaleth slumped his shoulders letting his nerves relax.

"My Vote still stands."

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial sighed.
"In that case, I have no other option than defend myself in the only remaining way. My vote today, is for you, Khelmor. At least until a more likely suspect appears."

Vote: Khelmor
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

"Defend yourself? Your thinking defending yourself by voting for another person for they suspect you is defence? You fool...I am sorry to the people who asked me here."

"I have failed in this Council, not being able to finish the task I was sent to do. This Council is doomed if you condemn me for blasphemy, though you guilty within the council already know that...May all you tzeentchians scum burn in hell." finished Kaleth, gritting his teeth for the final, death dealing blow.
Last edited by Khel on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial rose to his feet in anger.

"It IS defence, Khelmor... Neither you or I have substantial evidence against one another... Yet you vote for me, based on that I was the one who had not spoken longest... What am I to do, in order to avoid my death, which I can assure you, is quite important to me? I have but one option, and that is to vote against you, in the hope that you will attract more votes than I. It stands to reason. We will ALL have failed the council unles we find the traitors today, but in my oppinion, you failed it the moment you cast aside logic thinking in favor of wanton voting."

Belial sat down again.

"My vote still stands. For now."
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

"I have something to point out...As I am now competely alone in this Council, I feel no hesitation to having a few people killed here....Seleucis! I believe there are a few people who have not spoken up in a while. And I see you as a man who does not go back on his word.
Shouldn't you be doing something about this?" added Kaleth, gesturing towards the people who had not yet spoken.

"Perhaps this will chip out a few infiltraitors." thought Kaleth to himself.

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial sniggered.
"Ah, Khelmor, you seem anxious to weed out more people. If we were in need of evidence before, here at least is something..."

Belial locked his hands together, and leaned in over the table.

"Khelmor, there is yet a long time before the sun goes down, and the counsillors that has not yet spoked, has good time to do so. In fact, we are barely through on third of the day. Yet you act as if they had not spoked for ages, and demand their execution? You seem, to me, as a desperate man, someone wanting to weed out as many loyalists as possible, in order to obtain majority in council. This is, of course, just a theory,"

Belial looked round at the other councillors

"But today, it is the first indication as to who the traitor might be, and so, I implore you to think about this, and take a stand. It is a theory easy to oppose, but as I said, it is all we have for now.

"But I must add; Khelmor is not alone in his irritation of the quiet that seems to be ruling in this chamber... We need you to speak up, if for nothing else, then to proclaim your innocence! Conversation is our tool, argumentation our draich, and we get no further by letting Khelmor and I point accusing fingers at each other, if you do not participate. And you have nothing to win, by staying silent, as Lord Seleucis proved yesterday. I beg of you, speak! We have precious little time to find the rot in our midst, and your execution do not further our task in doing that."
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

"The names Kaleth dammit..." thought kaleth to himself.

"I only am pointing this fact out for it has been 7-8 days since atleast two people still left in this Council have spoken." added Kaleth, blankly staring at the wall.

"As much as I would like to hear the others speak up in this council, I believe it would be fruitless for me. For I am certain that if i survive today, that I will be certainly the one who will be killed during the night." said Kaleth, bowing his head in shame.

Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Morvai yawned. If he didn’t get some good sleep soon he would be to tired to stay awake during these councils. Ad today it didn’t look like he was getting much rest either. Already councilors were yelling at each other left and right and votes were flying through the air.
Morvai shook his head. Now wonder this council is lost. They all act before they think. They vote before the argue. Well if they wanted it that way then they can have it that way.

Morvai stood slowly up and looked at Kaleth.
“You aren’t making it easy on yourself that’s for sure. You seem all the sudden very interested in removing as many councilors as possible. While at this time we need every loyalist we can get our hands on. If we trust Tarbo’s lasts words we deal with a team of two traitors, that means we have only 3 loyalists left among us. So if we screw up today we are most likely lost.”
Morvai shook his head.
“You know I had expected better from a Cultist, who managed to infiltrate this council so easily. But then again, the thought that victory is in ones grasp makes people slip up. Well Kaleth, I think we are still going to find at least one Cultist today. For I vote for you!”

Vote: Khelmor
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

“Kaleth, you wished for me to do something for the ones who have not spoken.”

Seleucis walked to the temple priest, Altath Ngha (Drainial Shadowheart), and severed the priest’s head with a swing of his sword.

“Happy now?” Seleucis asked while cleaning the blade to the robes of the priest. “Now the priest is dead. To ensure you, he was a true priest of Khaine.”

“Who’s next? Ah. Dear Kaleth, as you wished for a few people dead, you see three required votes have been cast on you. And you know what it means, do you?”

Seleucis walked to Kaleth, swinging his long-bladed sword in disturbing arcs. Kaleth’s expression was cold, and he looked angrily at the commander of the Council. This wasn’t what he meant.

“Stop!”

Seleucis turned to see who had yelled the order. He saw Belial to walk towards him and Kaleth, his arm raised to prevent Seleucis’ blade from falling.

“What is it now? You voted for him. He shall die, as three of you have voted. Why do you now prevent me for doing my duties?”

“I just wanted to do it myself”, Belial said and pointed at Kaleth with his hand. Crackling blue fire flew from Belial’s fingertips, striking into the forehead of Kaleth. Belial lowered his hand, and watched Kaleth’s limp, smoking corpse to slip from the chair.

“It was you...” Seleucis started, raising his sword arm again.

“Oh don’t be so surprised” Belial said and with a casual flick of his wrist a fiery blast threw Seleucis three yards backwards.

Lordofthenight was fast to react; he unsheathed his executioner draich and walked towards Belial. Immediately Morvai stood up from his chair and made an equal blast to blow lordofthenight backwards, the draich clattering uselessly on the marble floor.

Belial glanced at Morvai.

“Mission accomplished.” Belial said. Morvai bowed to Magister Belial, smiling..

The Tzeentchian murderers walked towards the smoking bodies of the few remaining councillors. The ritual would use up a great amount of blood.

The game has ended in Tzeentchian victory!

The roles used in the game:

The Magister: (Tzeentchian) (Belial.)

You are the leader of the infiltrators. You have masterminded the plan to attack the Court from inside, and thus you are the only one to know all the spies, and you have access to spells with which to manipulate the other’s minds. You are a mighty sorcerer, and you know it. However as your aid is a Warlock from the Cult, and you only know his identity- the spies do not know who he is due to the secrecy and complexity of the Cult.

Abilities:
- You are the team leader of the assassins. Your responsibility is to post to the host about your next target.
- You are able to manipulate one player each day with your sorcery. When the voting commences, you may choose one player which to manipulate. You PM the chosen one to the host, and the host tells to the player that some mysterious power forces him to pull back his vote. However, not all players are affected by manipulation.

The Spies: (Tzeentchian) (2) (Morvai and Cathalir Irz)

You have infiltrated to the court after long years of working on your disguise, assuring each fault to be covered in the true, scheming Tzeentchian way. Your mission is to remove certain threats to your steady rise to the side of Malekith. You have no special magical powers, except of telepathy, with which you can communicate with your fellows.

Abilities:
- You know the personality of the Magister, and each Night you PM him a suggestion that would be your next victim. You may communicate with the other spies at Night by PM (telepathy, meaning that you don’t have to leave your rooms to discuss).

Cult Warlock: (Tzeentchian) (1) (Asuryan Ghost)

You are different from the other spies, for your wicked god has gifted you with the art of magic. You have had special difficulties to rise to power, for hiding your skills might have been hard. But it is a price worthy to pay, for you easily match the Sorceresses of the Convents.

Abilities:
- By using manipulation and suggestion, you may prevent your team’s current target using his possible protective special abilities that Night. The assassins do not know your identity, with the exception of the Magister, with who you can discuss during the Night.

The Royal Secretary: (Beastmaster Kurlan)

You are the scribe of the Council, and you are assigned to secretly investigate the backgrounds of the attendants of the Council, to assure the trustworthiness of them. You write down all the happenings in the Council, and you are trained to examine the others’ expressions carefully to learn of their intentions.

Abilities:
- Due to your knowledge based on careful research, you have learned the number of spies infiltrated to the Council, but not their exact personalities: Each person that could’ve had information have either disappeared or died under mysterious circumstances.
- There are altogether four infiltrators in the court.

Paranoiac Councillor: (Mel’Reyna)

You suffer from chronic paranoia, caused by your long years in the Druchii politics. Your deranged mind works like an overcharged machine, and you react lightning fast to each “threatening” movement. This is seen particularly at night: You barely sleep, as each smallest of noises makes you to wake.

Abilities:
- Your senses have sharpened to their extreme, making you hard to assassinate, but also weak for manipulation of the mind.

Council Guards: (2) (Tarbo and Shadow Dark)

You have been assigned to protect the Council. You have the ultimate goal of becoming a respected head of a personal guard, and you certainly have the talent. If only you knew who to protect.

Abilities:
- Each Night, you can protect one other player from the assassins. If the assassins nominate your target as well, you jump in and stop the assault dead in its tracks.
- You can never protect yourself.
- Once you have successfully stopped one murder, you can only stop a second at the sacrifice of your own life, throwing yourself into the fray and fending off the attack until you pay the ultimate price.

Chilhood friends: (2) (Khelmor and the Golden Arrow)

You two have known each other for all of your life, and you have been inseparable ever since you met. Even your families have always had good relationships.

Abilities:
- You know that you are both innocent and in no way related to the conspiracy.
- You may communicate with each other at Night.

Sorceress of the Convents: (Ashnari Doomsong)

In the Council, you are a representative and an envoy of the Convents, and you are chosen among the most powerful magic-users in Naggaroth. According to the rules you have been forbidden to use your magic during the Council’s meeting, but you can use your mind as a shield for malicious powers.

Abilities:
- Your telepathic protection makes you invulnerable to hostile magic. You feel if someone attempts to affect your decisions, and shield yourself from mind powers.
- Although mighty in magic, your body is fragile and not much is needed to harm you with raw force.
- Your character has to be a female sorceress.

Khainite Temple Priest: (Drainial Shadowheart)

In the court, you are an organ of the Temple of Khaine. You have a lot of prestige and power, as the Temple is an influential power in the Druchii society. Your word can affect to decisions of the meeting.

Abilities:
- Manipulate deadline; Your strength lies in the day. You may either force or veto torches to be lit, although you must make this decision the night before—after all, it takes time to arrange for the torches to be conveniently missing or plentiful, or rearranging schedules so that everyone suddenly finds themselves able to attend council in the middle of the night. If you force torches, and a majority vote for player removal is reached, the ability is not used. Ergo, your ability is only used when necessary.

Executioner: (lordofthenight)

You are trained in the Temples to be a professional killer. You kill with no mercy, and your sword is feared among the people of Har Ganeth.

Abilities:
- When you are removed from the game, another player of your choice is removed also.

Discussion of the game may be done in the OOC thread.