Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Group 11

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

User: Almundis
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
height 6'2
weight 115kg

Apparell: shoulder length black hair that is un-kempt and matted in places, wears a leather strap accross his left eye which is missing. his face has a network of light scarring from his many years in service of his lords. has slight stuble from a lack of shaving and has a crook in his nose from where it has been broken in several places.

background: Rhyithan was born into the house of one of Har Ganeth's many petty noble families. His child hood was typical of a druchii, he trained in the art of combat and enlisted into the army of naggaroth. For several decades he was part of the city guard, until one day a noble by the name of Gaern arrived in port looking for men and supplies for the up-coming campaign season. Rhyithan fancied himself as quite the sailor and swore an oath to the captain becoming one of his crew. For almost a decade he worked hard as a sailor. Raiding various ships and trade routes, they defeated many human vessels from both brettonia and the Empire, even destroying several vessels from the far land of Araby. Rhyithan worked hard and was rewarded with being a retainer for Gaern himself. However the glory and wealth of raiding was soon to come to an end.

One year they were unable to claim a harvest of slaves or gold that would pay off Gaern's financiers, let alone make a notable contribution to the witchking. The main reason for this was because a gang of ships captained by some Norscan tribesmen had beaten them to the wealthiest ports, leaving nothing but a trail of rubble in their wake. Gaern had encountered them several times in his career and finally decided that he would not only return to naggaroth laiden with gold, but also he would remove the annoying savages once and for all. He gathered all the ships and captains at his command and organised a daring raid on the Norsemen. They sat around carts and maps using rumour, experience and guess work to decide on where would be the most likely point that the pirates would have made a base. Eventually they deduced that it was likely to be on an island chain several leagues north of Karond Kar.

The captains returned to their vessels and all seven ships headed to the island chain known as "the devils link" to claim their rightful treasure. They braved maddening storms and blistering cold desprately trying to reach the chain before winter properly set in. they arrived at the adge of the chain after three weeks, at which point the crews prepared for a bloody fight. They intended to strike at the dead of nighthoping that most of the ships wouldbe moored and unable to launch a counter-strike until the druchii raiders had come and gone. By dusk the scout ships had returned with the layout of the Norscan defense. Gaern laughed at what he was told as the scouts report confirmed his belief that they were nothing but lucky savages.

They had based themselves inside a cluster of old forts and had created crude wooden fences and watch towers. As Gaern had expected most of the ships were moored and didn't appear as though they would be preparing to leave until at least dawn, the time was perfect. As soon as night began setting in the ships moved quickly and silently to the pirate bastion. as the neared the island they could make out the fire lights of the fort, and soon after they could see the ships in the port. There were at least ten vessels there, ranging from huge Brettonian ships equipped with gigantic stone-throwers, to several boats used by the accursed Lothern sea-guard. However they knew that the various cannons aboard the ships would be useless at close range, and under cover of night the Norse watch towers hadn't sighted them. But to ensure they wouldn't be seen two ships had been dispatched aside from the fleet to land and attack the towers two hours earlier to ensure complete suprise. Rhyithan and the other retainers were to accompany Gaern on shore where they intended to strike straight at the chieftan while the rest of the crews created havoc and confusion.

However just as the first ships began to enter the cove, Rhyithan and the rest of the crew noticed the strange tang in the air, the stench of sorcery. There was a chilling roar of thunder, and out of nothing a huge storm began to swirl above the entrance to the cove creating a whirlpool which instantly teared apart the first ship and in minutes the cove was alive. Rhyithan realised what had happened- the ships sent to destroy the watch towers had never made it. They were dead and soon he was to join them. He wasn't the only one to have this revelation and soon all four surviving ships were turning as hard as they could to try and escape the ambush, but even as they did so the whirl pool grew dragging in yet another ship and it's crew. However it seemed that Gaern's personal ship and the other two were out running the tempest, however out of the mists they saw something. Rhyithan's stomach froze when a crew member screamed an alert of no less than five Norscan ships coming from the other direction to catch them. He drew his sword as one of them lined up next to Gaern's ship, the other corsairs did the same, bringing crossbows to bear or drawing knives,axes or blades of their own.
If they were to die, they were going to take every last man with them. The first few pirates were felled instantly by crossbow bolts jutting out of eyes and chests, but more of them kept pouring over the side on to the Druchii raider. Rhyithan jumped into the fray cracking open the skull of one of the foes. As he tried to free his sword another pirate came charging at him waving a large club straight at his head. Rhyithan threw himself aside to avoid the deadly blow, drawing a dagger from his side and desprately slashing for the man's knees. the pirate dodged his desprate slashes and cought Rhyithan on his shoulder with the club. He raised his weapon ready to liquify Rhyithans head, a slight grin appearing on his scarred face. Rhyithan braced himself for the incoming death,only for it not to come, he looked up to see a long draich sticking through the man's chest. Gaern appeared from behind him throwing a sword at Rhyithan yelling at him to get up and fight. Rhyithan grinned with blood lust and once again ran into the fray cutting and slashing wildly at the pirate attackers. They appeared to be fending them off, slowly gaining ground on the ambushers forcing many back to their own ship.

Rhyithan rounded on another of the savages raising his blade to sever the mans skull. He darted forward in a sweeping arc, which was interupted by the deck beneath his feet explodingsending him flying to the other side of the ship. rhyithan opened his eyes to find that one of them was covered in blood and had a chunk of wood justting from it. he screamed in agony, unsure as to try and pull it out or leave it. eventually he managed to regain control, deciding to deal with it later. he looked around to the area of deck in which he had just been standing. there was a gaping hole in the upper deck from what could only be cannon fire. Rhyithan looked out to the sea to catch the last glimpses of the other ships. One was ablaze and rapidly sinking and the others were nowhere to be seen save for various bits of rigging and sails that hadn't yet sunk. It dawned on him that the only reason they had been gaining ground was that the pirates were trying to get away from the incoming cannonfire. Rhyithan looked frantically for the captain only to see him slumped to one side, a jagged cleaver sticking out of his collar bone. The mission had been a spectacular failure, and now they needed to get out as many of them alive as they could. Rhyithan screamed at the crew members, ordering them to reattach the rigging and to get the ship moving as fast as possible. as far as he could tell they were still out of most of the cannon range. He was relieved to see that it was just a lucky shot that had caught them. But in several minutes they would be on the recieving end of two-dozen cannonballs. he barked commands at the crew, the other surviving retainers following his example. Gaern's first mate had come to his senses and was grabbing hold of the wheel.

Rhyithan grabbed several men and brought up the two barrels of Dragon's Fire from the hold, while others readied the working Reaper Bolt throwers. He didn't know if it would come in use but it should take out at least one of the enemy ships if it came into range. However luck had finally switched sides as the wind began to pick up and the Druchii vessel rapidly began to gain speed. The norse had strong and powerful Empire vessels but against the wind they couldn't match the speed of the elven raider. Upon realising this the Norse screamed in rage, the denial of a complete butchery enraging them. they let loose cannons, stone-throwers and even bows in a vain effort to hit and cripple the fleeing vessel.
It had been close, but Rhyithan and a handful of the crew had escaped with their skin intact.

Rhyithan stayed awake at the stern of the ship for as long as he could, until he passed out from the bloodloss of his eye. he awoke several times throughout the voyage home, never knowing how long he'd been asleep from and usually plagued by feverish hallucinations, the journey seemed to take for ever and at the same time, no time at all. Eventually he awoke to find himself no longer plagued by horrifying visions. He stared around to see various bottles of wine and hushalta that the crew had used on him to fight off his pain and infection. he touched his eye socket to feel a mouldy bit of bandage covered in congeled blood. He lay on his makeshift bed of straw and leather scraps wondering how much longer it was until home. There was a clink in the doorlock and one of the other retainers entered to find Rhyithan concious andlucid. he returned to the deck to find that they were in sight of naggaroth's black shores and grey skies.

When they landed back at Har Ganeth the dozen crewmen who had survived barely said a word in parting. Nolonger bound by their oaths to Gaern. Rhyithan became a sword for hire. Doing what ever job he could get from taverns, merchants and various other shady characters, trying to earn enough money to live by and to drink his troubles away. But to this day he still dreams of making his fortune, buying a ship and creating a fleet of his own so that he can watch as the Norscan fort burns by his own hands, then he will consider the debt of taking his eye repaid.

WS 4
Str 3
T 3
Dxty 2
Int 5

Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor

skills:none

-----------------------------------------------
User: Dewilds
Name: Matraous
Height and Weight: 5'11" 150lbs.
Hair color: Black Eye:Grey Clothes:Simple traviling clothes
Scars: 2" long scar about the left eye(visible) minor claw marks
around the torso and legs (most to light and small to see at a distance)
tattos: Symbol of wrath on the back of the right hand.

Class:Shade
Stats:
WS:4
S:3
T:3
D:4
I:4

Skills: Basic Stealth

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak

Background: Born and raised in the wilds of our beloved dark land. Matraous
learned the skills and disciplines of the shade. Stalking the land
and the animals upon it. Part taking in a fights against interlopers
upon his clans territory.
But as all children the time of such simple things has passed and
now he searches out his fortune either as a hireling to a noble wishing
to get and edge over his foes, or to find a place in one of the armies
that is sent forth to take back the ancestrial home. Either way his
plans are simple in appearance but the underlining subtilities are
many, and by the time he is through even assasins of the Temple of
Kaine may yet fear his name!

*Taming of the skink*

... and as with all training it came a time when my mentor led me down to our border lands with Lustria...

... the jungle was thick and thriving with life that presented such a racket that even one of those oaf humans could have passed for stealthy. Thus, in my arrogence I allowed myself to relax a bit dispite my training thus far. And for such a thing I earned a just reward!
They erupted from everywhere. Where one to say such a petty phrase as "the jungle came alive" normally I would just dismiss them as poorly spoken to use such a general comment. However when a blur of greens jumped upon me I soon learned why such a comment could be uttered by others.
The horrid little things with thier oversized heads and undersized bodies jumped and clawed at me while screaming some battle chant or curses (which ever I know not) as they attempted to over whelm me with numbers.
I began to slip out of disciplined moves and begin flailing like a weak slave when I heard the wisper of my mentors words on the air "maintain your discipline". I instantly snapped back into an orderly methods of jabs thrust and kicks. The moves and hits pushing the skinks back off of me giving me some room to breath though no time to pause.
Though I knew few if any of my moves was killing or rendering them unconcious I noticed them thining out. And around this time I caught the hint of movement out of the corner of my eye. A bolt laying low one of the little miscreants while I fought his brethern.
As I kept up my fighting thier number continued to dwendle. But they continued to come at me. The pathetic fools had not yet relized what was happining.
Then there was but one left of the pest. As it rallied to have at me again it paused for a moment noting for once in its pathetic attempts to best me that it had grown short in allies. In deed now that it looked it relized only I and it remained.
However instead of doing the resonable thing and surrendering itself to death that was surely a blessing to such a lowly creature it pulled up some last reserve of strength and courage and came at me again as if it could kill me before it died. As it left through the air at my face a bolt caught it in the side and pinned it to a tree to twitch and die. With that my mentor allowed me to see where he stood and aproached me slowly.
"Today you learned how a worrior fights." he said.
"Perhaps tomorrow I'll teach you how a Shade wins a fight." And with that he walked away blending back into the jungle while I was left to end all the claw marks the filth had left upon my body.
-------------------
User: Beastmaster Kurlan

Kurlan the violent
Height and weight: 6’9 and 130 pounds
Other descriptions: hair is jet black, eyes are green, and he wears plain black robes.
Class: trainee of khaine

Background: Kurlan lived with his mother at a small village near the chaos wastes. His village was often attacked but the forces could hold it off always. His mother was everything to him, she cherished him and gave hikm everything to make his life better. He had no brothers and only a single baby sister who was only 5 years old. His father had been murdered a year ago, but Kurlan was never fond of his father so did not care. It was one viscous night that the norsemen came, their ferocity was unmatched and numbers greater, the elven warriors were cut down, their skills useless agaisnt such great men. Kurlan was 175 years old, he had a fair amount of combat training and fought to defend his mother and sister when they came to his house. The norsemen had no fear, Kurlan cut down three of them before being overwhelmed. The leader clasped his throat and threw him to his guards who held him in a tight grip. Kurlan struggled but it was no use. The leader grabbed his mother and raped her as she screamed for her son to help. Kurlan had tears in his eyes but could do nothing. After they were done with his mother they took her and the sister away, cheering at their prizes. Kurlan was beaten hard so he could not move, As she was dragged away his mother yelled to him, she told him to become a mercenary, when he had the skill he should rescue her, not before he was ready. It was while he sat in his own blood, beaten and distraught that he vowed vengeance, he would complete his mothers wish. He bought wargear, twin blades and practiced for most of the day, he continued this for years.

Stats

Ws: 3
S: 4
T: 4
D: 5
I: 2
---------------------------
User name: Lextalionis

Character Name: Lextalionis

Character Height and Weight: 5’ 11”

Character Age: 278

Other Descriptions: Lex has Jet black hair as is common with all Druchii, it is tied back into a pony tail which reaches between his shoulder blades. His eye are deep brown in colour. Lex sports the delicate facial structure of most Druchii. He wears a well worn shades cloak with a hood, secured by a brass brooch depicting his clans symbol. He wears a dark brown vest over a black dyed cotton shirt, his pants are black cotton with a leather belt. His shoes are doeskin soled shin height boots. Lextalionis’ skin is completely unblemished by the hard living that his clothes attested to, if he had been born a noble he would be considered moderately attractive. Lex has a small tattoo on the inside of his wrist in the shape of the Druchii rune for wanderer.

Character Class: Shade

Character Stats:

Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 2
Toughness (T): 4
Dexterity (D): 5
Intelligence (I): 3

Character Background: Lextalionis was born into a clan of shades which inhabited the foothills of the Iron Mountains. Life as a semi-nomadic clansman was tough and those that did not pay attention and learn the ways of a shade were quickly left to die alone in the wilderness. Lex was the son of an important member of the small clan, his father was the clans fur trader and it was his job to travel to Har Ganeth before winter and sell the clan’s fur to rich merchants. As Lex grew older he began accompanying his father and older brother, Reed, to Har Ganeth.

On one of these journeys in Lextalionis’ 80th year, he and his brother Reed were sent on an errand to purchase some beads for the clan’s eldest matriarch with the fur money. “Come on little brother, father isn’t expecting us back from the markets for an hour. I wish to enjoy the sights of the city from the inside of a tavern.” stated Reed. But Lex was not interested in drinking or enjoying the ‘sights’. Lex argued with his brother, “Brother Reed, father sent us to buy beads, now is not the time for drinking and sightseeing.” Reed was not impressed with his brother’s cowardice. “You may buy the beads. Come back to this tavern when you have them.” with that Reed walked over too a tavern and entered. Lextalionis was angry at his brother’s rash behaviour but he decided that he would get the silly beads as quickly as he could and then rush back to the Tavern, which had a sign on it with a Manticore ripping apart an orc painted on it.

Har Ganeth was a big city which many winding streets and Lex could feel himself slowly becoming disorientated by all the uniform buildings. It was well over an hour before Lex had even found the bead merchant. and he was so impatient to get back to his wayward brother that he paid easily twice the price that the merchant might have expected to sell them for. Lex had a vague idea of where the tavern was and he hurried in that direction. But Lex could not find the right tavern and had been circling the same city block for what seemed like ages until he heard a Druchii yelling and the sound of shattering glass. He immediately ran in the direction of the sounds in the hope it was his brother. Running towards the tavern he spied the crumpled body of an elf who had been thrown through a window and into a side alley, Lex panicked and ran heedlessly into the alley, ignoring the crunching glass under his boots. He struggled to roll over the large Druchii but succeeded in twisting the head. The face was a mess, broken nose, cut lip and a bloody gash across his forehead. Not to mention the large shard of glass embedded in the poor fool’s eye. But it was not his brother, Lextalionis was cradling the corpse of a dead stranger in his arms. The next ten seconds were a blur for Lex, “STOP, CITY GUARD” rang out in his head and he whipped around just in time to see the flat of a sword rushing for his head, knocking him out.

Lex’s memories of the following days and events were dark and hazy. They involved incessant beatings and taunts. After one particularly savage beating Lextalionis passed out and when he woke he was not in his holding pen but outside the city gate, mid-air and flying towards the hard ground of the ditch. Lex lay in the ditch waiting for the swift stab of a spear or a hail of bolts, but instead he heard his fathers harsh voice. “Lextalionis you have failed me, first you decide to wander the streets of the city, and then you get picked up by the city guard for murdering a citizen? It took all of the fur money to pay off the slavers to stop you being branded and sold off as a Druchii slave, scum.” Lextalionis despaired at what was being yelled at him but his father did not relent, “I did as much as I can even though you definitely do not deserve anything, you will not be welcome in the clan anymore. You are no longer my son. You may spend the rest of your life wandering Naggaroth. Do not speak to me. Do not come to the hunting grounds. Do not drink from our secret springs.” And with that, Lextalionis became a wanderer, cut off from his clan and without purpose.

Lextalionis made a life by hunting small game and avoiding death in the wilds. Occasionally travelling to Har Ganeth to sell the meagre pelts he collected. In recent times he has made money by guarding and guiding travelling merchants, running errands and performing dirty work for various shady persons in the city. And spending it by drinking and whoring.
---------------------------------------
User: Lot1Loe

Name: Davhandrol Sarath'than

Height: 6 ft

Weight: 135 lbs.

Physical description: Though still relatively young, she is well muscled. Despite the hard she has been doing most of her life, she is fairly atractive, if not overly pretty. She dresses rather plainly, as she doesn't want to draw attention to herself. Her skin is very pale, and her waiste-length hair is pitch black. Her most remarkable feature is her piercing blue eyes, impossible to read and with a strange, intelligent spark.

Class: Warrior

Background: Davhandrol was the daughter of a lesser beastmaster in Karond Kar, and it was apparent from a young age that she shared that talent for dealing with beasts. Her work as an apprentice was often difficult, but it also made her strong, tough, and rather nimble. However, she was also very intelligent, greedy, and ambitious, and these last two proved to be her downfall. For quite some time she had been stealing small amounts from the various nobles that visited them wanting to buy various beasts and services, knowing she would need wealth to move up in life, and she had amasseed quite a large sum. One time however, she took a bit to much, and the noble noticed right away. He sent one of his men over on some little bit of business, but the real purpose was to try and find out who it could have been. He happened to notice Davhandrol in her room as she was going over her little hoard. Upon hearing this information the noble was convinced she was the one, but had no proof and didn't want to endanger his dealings by launching wild accusations. Instead, he devised a plan to catch her another way. When Davhandrol awoke next morning, she went out to begin her work. During the day, a hansome young druchii showed up and watched her all day. Now, she was fairly attractive, so when she saw him there that night and asked him what he wanted, she was not at all surprised by his answer. She took him up to her room, but it was all a trap. For this young druchii was actually a condemned criminal, who the noble had set free and payed to meet her. That noble than tipped off the local guard that Davhandrol was not only helping him escape, but that they were also lovers, which was apparently confirmed when they were ten caught in bed together. When she heard who he was she knew that not only would she be disowned by her family for this dishonor, she would most likely be killed for the crime of helping him escape. Working with the various beasts of Karond Kar had made her fairly strong and quick, so when the gaurds moved to grab her she punched one in the face, breaking his nose, and in the brief seconds of confusion that followed made a run for it. She eventually lost her pursuers in the surrounding contryside, though was nearly caught several times. A fugitive, she stole some clothes and supplies from the first person she saw on the road. She then slowly made her way to the coast, living off of what she could steal from settlements and travelers along the way, by which time she had decided a career as a mercenary might be the best way to escape her old life. Though she had never had any training with a blade, she figured her physical abilities gained from a life of hard work with beasts would suffice, as well as out smarting opponents, knowing she was quite a bit smarter than the average thug. Therefore, she sold everything she had that she didn't need, and combined with what money she had stolen along the way, bought herself a cheap sword and suit of armor, figuring that was the best place to start.

Stats: WS1 S4 T4 D4 I5

Gear: Long Sword, Light Armor, and Shield

Skills: None
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

so are we good to go now?
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Just wondering is there a posting deadline between modposts, ie two days before moving story along?

Thanks, Kurlan
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod