SAU 12 sign-up and OOC thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

lordofthenight wrote:I've been reading through the abilities, and does that mean the inflitrators could choose two people to kill each night? Or is it still one, as they count as a team?
It's a team ability, and it was marked as Free, hence it could be used only once. LordAnubis later gained that ability since his leader was modkilled.

Soupman wrote:I do notice that I was the only loyalist sent to interrogation, I must have been kinda annoying to accomplish that.
Merely at the wrong place at the right time. SAU has much to do with luck and impressions, possibly more than actual reasoning.

Khelmor wrote:Sleek, I apprently used an unstoppable Kill on you though you where somehow protected from this unstoppable kill.
That would have been Belial's Intercept ability. The term 'unstoppable' still stems from earlier games since 'Retaliate' cannot be stopped by abilities that usually deflect kills, such as Shield, Ward or Cover. With the amount of retaliates in the game, some manner of moderation was required to stop the game from plummetting into an indiscriminate bloodbath at Day 1. Your team had 'Intercept' as well.

If I may supply my two cents worth a host's and veteran's opinion on the game... ;)

SAU is as much a game about (group) psychology as it is about actually finding the bad guys. Remember that you are part of a collective, and you must do your part to best serve that collective. If you are an infiltrator, this may mean sacrificing yourself or even a teammate to prevent others from being found out.

As councillor, this entails putting the better of the group over your own. Staying out of the limelight in order not to be suspicious accomplishes very little in the end. By following this road, you assume you are more valuable than others. Perhaps you are, perhaps you are not.

Perhaps you have nothing to add? You always have something to add. Say you agree or disagree with someone's point of view: speak your opinion. That and voting is all you can do at day. If people always knew who was the guilty one, the SAU would be a quick and boring game!
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

Tarbo wrote:Merely at the wrong place at the right time. SAU has much to do with luck and impressions, possibly more than actual reasoning.

Well I believe you are right, in that matter I do actually agree a little with Genoreth ;)

Genoreth would like to thank everyone who stood up for him he was alive ;)
I would like to say thanks to Sleek for a very entertaining duel :D

Oh, and I would like to thank Draknir for this compliment
Draknir Reaverblade wrote:He is offensive, he is sneaky, he is malicious
I hope that means I portrayed a dark elf somewhat okay :)
Andreas
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I also tried to throw you off the scent with a name of Haiku. It means japanese Poem, though if any of you had realised that I might of been over looked.
Meh great game, Can't wait to play as a Slaaneshi again....or perhaps a Tzeentchian ;) ?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Hahaha, Soupman...

Khelmor, I knew that Haiku is a japanese poem... five words, seven words, five words per sentence is a haiku- but I didn't notify it any special way.

You just wait... let's see what happens in the next TAU...
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Oh, and high kudos are to be given to LordAnubis. You very nearly had us fooled. Not to mention to Tarbo for another top-notch game.

I forgot about the kudos. Sorry 'bout that.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...