SAU 12 sign-up and OOC thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Let's kick off! The in-game thread is tentatively titled: SAU XII: Black Ark Down. It's not exactly a masterpiece, but it'll do.

Those with abilities will have noticed some text in parentheses behind the descriptions. These indicate the type of ability, and the cost. Below is a detailed description of each tag.

(X Actions) Using the ability expends X action points. Action points are regained at a rate of 1 per Night. Everyone starts with 0 action points. No, that's not a typo: zero. However, when the first Night comes, you get an action point you can spend immediately!

(X Spells) The ability is a spell -- casting it expends X spell points. Spell points are not regained automagically: only through other abilities or special events. All casters start with 5 spell points. If you cannot cast spells, you do not have spell points, but you don't need them anyway.

(Free) The action doesn't cost a thing. How about that? You get a free use of these babies each Night.

(Passive) This ability is always in effect and does not expend actions or spells.

Eh... I have a team ability that expends points. Now what?
You each expend those points. If not all of you can expend them, then only those who can, do. The others do not count as using the ability, which means that if the rest is somehow blocked, the ability fails.

Don't worry. This situation should not develop.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

This is a Q for Tarbo. I like the set up for the magic spells. Do you think that this method could be used in a RPG game. They save up Magic points, and can use them as they wish (Plus chance of miscast)?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Khelmor wrote:This is a Q for Tarbo. I like the set up for the magic spells. Do you think that this method could be used in a RPG game. They save up Magic points, and can use them as they wish (Plus chance of miscast)?
It would be a little simplistic for a full-fledged RPG. My focus here went on simplicity of the system rather than versatility (which is what an RPG should aim for).

So it might be a base, but not a good one, I'm afraid. SAU and RPG are very different things.
Has neledak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Has neledak »

I edited my post to include quotations, and only now remembered there was a rule against edits. I presume the reason for the rule was for a different situation, but all the same, I'm sorry about that.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Has Neledak wrote:I edited my post to include quotations, and only now remembered there was a rule against edits. I presume the reason for the rule was for a different situation, but all the same, I'm sorry about that.
I do not believe I have explicitly restated editing was prohibited, but you are right: it is. Thanks for recalling.

To everyone who did not know: editing is prohibited in the game. We do not know what you changed. Don't touch that button. Not even lightning edits. None. You see a typo, leave it in.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Here's a list of the people that have posted and have a name differing from their username:

Player => IC Name
Khelmor => Haiku
Darknir Reaverblade => Belcar Kalad
SleekDD => Sleek Darrez
LordAnubis => Zenovia
Drainial Shadowheart => Zaniev
Soupman => Genoreth Nynt

I hope I have them all. People who are not listed have their username as their IC name (which is, of course, allowed and even easier).
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

great start Tarbo I can,t wait until the firat bit joins up with the main story.
p.s. 51la5 => silas
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Tarbo wrote:Rather quick update, but I missed Khelmor there for a moment. At least the mandatory "host misses a vote"-curse has been fulfilled. ;)

Is that mandatory...? I think I didn't fulfill it in the TAU, or I still havent noticed it...
Aenarin
Shade

Post by Aenarin »

Ok to clarify, I thought when I voted myself I was already doomed to die, course now I think I have hope of living so I think I'm gonna stay on. My schedule isn't THAT hectic, I just overblew it to justify voting for myself. Now that I have a hope for survival though, I'm gonna fight to stay alive. huzzah!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Very suspicious that...But still Never say Die in my opinion

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Hey Tarbo. I hate to keep bugging you, but you'v missed my vote again:p
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

*sigh* I can't blame my spreadsheet this time; it's right there, looking me in the eye. I'm going to have to write a program to check my every move.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Call it BigBrother.exe.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

this SAU is sure moving along quickly, its already five pages long and I don't think we've even finished the first day yet.

Also, question, when does the first night start?
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Tarbo wrote:The final deadline for the Day is Monday, 19h00 GMT.
Since Night starts as soon as the Day ends, that would make the Night start Monday, 19h00 GMT.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Are these days going to be this Long from now on? Seems awfully long IMHO. Though still some people Have not yet spoken up. :?

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

No, the days will be shorter. The first Day is typically longer because experience teaches most people "miss" the opening post; other days will be a little shorter. But the game is played during the Day, not during the Night, so Days will be longer than Nights.

All people have spoken. Some have done so only once, and very briefly at that, but they have spoken up. Unless I've missed anything which, as is proven, happens from time to time.
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Meh! A SAU hosted by Tarbo with Sleek in it and I have no time to play. Damn it!

But I will be watching none the less. Good luck everyone!
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

I think people should remember what they know about SAU's and what their roles know about SAU's(which is about nothing ;) )
Andreas
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Indeed. I might have slipped up myself.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

i didn't know you posted answers here, I thought you PM'ed them. doesn't that defeat the purpose of trivia if everyone can just copy Khelmors answer?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

In the SAu before this we usually posted in OOC thread.

Plus Tarbo never mentioned that it could be posted in OOC or whatever. who knows? I may be wrong ;)

Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Ok, this is the first SAU i've been in so I wasn't sure.

P.S, why a puddle of mud Khelmor lol.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Khelmor wrote:In the SAu before this we usually posted in OOC thread.

Plus Tarbo never mentioned that it could be posted in OOC or whatever. who knows? I may be wrong ;)
The rules state to "send a PM to me with your answers before the end of the next game Day". I'll take these answers, but please be more careful in the future.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I didn't read it in these current rules. In the Last SAU people put them on OOC. Sorry guys....I let you all down. :(

@Demendred: I could of wrote I kicked you in the Gyro's then threw you to a carnivorous plate of Jelly, but I wanted to keep it normal....ish.