DAT 1- Danger in the palace

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

"Ah, but exactly! Getting the blood going swiftly is an essential ingredient in making conversation run around. Randomness is all we have until people have reacted appropriately, and the guilty will not reveal themselves without an incentive. If this incentive is defending one of their own, this is good. If this incentive is killing someone at all, this is also good. Anything getting the talk going is good; because yes, Belial, I am scared of something. I am scared of waking up with an assassin looking over my corpse. Therefore, we need action - random though it may be at this stage, actions provoke words which can be interpreted for... less random action. We will have no evidence but words, and we will have no knowledge without meaningful words.

Sacrifices must be made for the greater good. If we do not actually manage to slay an infiltrator that is, of course, a pity. If we do, however..."

Doomsong smiled courteously.
"If we do, we will have come a long way in scourging the filth from this system. So, now you know my reasoning. And remember: Every one of us is expendable. Every. One."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"While I agree that we are all expendable, I think it is common sense to hold your horses 'till everyone has been assembled... Do not let the paranoia get you. Wait untill all are present and accounted for, and then we may procede."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"I remember you being keen to acuse Belial, and retracting rather quickly when you found that you were unsuported. Never the less I do not think that random voting is the way to go, if nothing else if every one votes with their gut fealing no one will be executed and for another whilst the kingdom of Ulthuan can rightly consider us expendable I for one am not particularly keen to die."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

"What are you talking about, lord Drainial? I accused Belial because I had to accuse someone - and my vote still stands. I have no case for anyone, know this. No more, at any rate, than anyone else. But the fact is, we need to act decisively, and if we allow any infiltrators to cripple us by simply waiting..."
He took a deep breath.
"Suffice to say, the only way for us to survive this mess is to find the infiltrators. The only way to find the infiltrators is to examine what they say. Random votes are a way to get people talking, no more. It is not a serious accusation by any stretch of imagination.

"Trust me, this council is larger than any one of its members. We may have to cull many, many people ere it is done. Let us not fail the first test by assailing initiative. I am all for reasoning and deliberation, but at this time we have nothing to reason with, and my vote is an attempt to change that."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

"I might agree that it would be hard to say who is more expendable.

But I still believe our lives are worth too much to be just thrown away, for every innocent Asur who dies here, Ulthuan loses a Commander, a Loremaster, a Mage or Asuryan forbid even an Astronomer. I believe we owe our great nation to not throw our lives away without caution."
Andreas
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

"One more thing. Lord Doomsong, I believe that with your latest statements you have destroyed the whole point of your own random vote."
Andreas
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

"Obviously not, since I never said that it was not a random vote in the first place. Let's face it, it's better to take a chance than simply sit and let ourselves be slain. Indeed, even if conversation was to simply dry up now, there have still been valuable clues left for those who will see. My vote was not in vain. And, I do not wish to die, either."

Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

"Believe what you will, but I advice you not to expect the infiltrators to fall for your traps if you also tell them about your intentions with said traps"
Andreas
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial looked confused at Ahanetl while Doomsong and Hilan argued back and forth. What on earth was the man talking about? He shot Ahanet a contemptous smile, and said:

"Ahanet. I would like to know what you base your accusations of me on? You said, and I quote: I remember you being keen to acuse Belial, and retracting rather quickly when you found that you were unsuported. But unless my mind is slipping, and it is far to early for a young elf like me to have that happen, you and I have never met before... Stop bugging me with ill-based accusations please, and keep your eyes on the task before us!"

OOC: Dranial, you seem to be thinking too much on our previous SAU :)
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Falvonir frowned as he looked around the room.

"I see many in this room council patience. I understand their concern, but fail to see what difference it will make. If we wait for the rest of our esteemed colleagues to deem us sufficient company, and deign to talk to us, then we shall be here for weeks."

Here the Elf Lord rolled his eyes.

"Our situation is this. We have no resources outside this room. Only the traitors know whom to trust. We will, by waiting for our fellow councillors, learn nothing. Only as everyone discusses the matter at hand will we learn anything that we can believe about the people at hand. Even if we wait until tommorrow, the only evidence will be that the first victim is not guilty, and as the dead contribute little in court, we shall be an innocent down for no gain. Therefore discussion must begin and, sad though i am to see it, random voting is probably the best way to begin."

Falvonir sat down and sipped a little wine.

"However, in deference to the more cautious amongst us, i will wait for everyone to sit down and mae themselves comfortable."
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

"wait a second am i allowed to tell you my name first?
.......my name is LORD THIRIEL"
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Mercy is for the weak and the weak dont deserve to live isnt that right bunny.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Rolling his eyes, Aethis glanced toward Lord Thiriel.

"Thank you for your contribution.
But now to more pressing issues. Random voting does seem to be the most right thing to do at first. People in this council say that random voting will spill innocent blood. Well, if we wait around for further evidence to show, then innocent blood will be a certainly to spill. I agree with Lord Doomsong."

Vote: Belial
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Oh, the hastiness, the hastiness... the younger generations are too impatient to my taste. Our chances to spill innocent blood are great, and if we vote a wrong person, we are only contributing to the assassin's goal, and someone of us might not see the next sunrise if we do so.

I do not like this, but it is true that even the old can learn from the youth. I'll throw my vote in, and pray to Asuryan I'm not making a mistake."

Vote: Belial
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Hah. I should be proud that you all believe me couragous enough to pull off an attempt on the Kings head... I have nothing to say to my defence, however. What can I, after all, when the reasons against me are pure randomness?"

Belial looked down at the table before him. This was not good.

"Hmpf. I will say only this: I myself will stay my vote 'till we are nearer the day's conclusion. I can't really argue against you voting randomly, as I agree that we should get somewhere at least. But I AM sorry of it's my head that is going... And unless I am mistaken, two people are yet to speak... This is me trying to save my own guts, obviously, but should we not wait and hear what they ahve to contribute, before we begin voting at random? Surely, that would make more sense..."

He cleared his throat, and continued

"For it is certain that we need a sacrifice to get things going; however, the way I see it, it's results will be in the form of the nights proceedings, not todays talk. Afterall, as I've said, what can I do other than claim innocence? But you want blood. So do I, for that matter. But I'll be damned if it'll be mine... So, despite my arguments to the contrary, here's a vote. It's target, I think, is pretty obvious."

Vote: Doomsong
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Master Belial, lord Doomsong is hasty, but from his speech i can see that he is almost begging to be voted at. He tells that we are all expendable, which is truth. He throws in randomness. That does not make him our prime suspect though.

Lord Doomsong has a strange way to do politics, but don't get offended, for he has to have his own reasons to do so. If he had thrown his random vote on me, I would propably be too voting for him, but currently I can only pull back my act and closely follow him. This is foolishness.

I Unvote: Belial at the risk of losing an innocent life during the night, but I just can't have him executed because Doomsong's lot fell upon him. It isn't right."

Aradin glanced at everyone, clearing his throat.

"Doomsong, I am not ready to suspect you, but you are under my watch from this on."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"Belial, I merely referd to the first time you spoke up when for the same reasons as Lord Doomsong you voted for me. Prehaps it is to your credit that when told that it would be better to wait you did so but I canot help but look for clues in everything. The merchant who see's nothing finds himself with his purse cut after all. However I have not yet acused anyone of anything and will wait untill tomorow to do so when we will in all liklyhood have a dead body and somthing to go on. That one must die before we can truly begin is regretable, but then it is regretable that earth is not a tasty and nuitritous snack and that we canot dring sea water. It is just the way things are."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial took the word once more.
"Aradin[b], I thank you for thinking this over again."

He then turned to [b]Ahanet
"Dear friend, you are speaking nonsense. I have never voted for you. That was Aethis, though I do not wish to spur you on for his death."
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

As lord thiriel was observing the conversation he looked at Belial.
"I know we shouldn't accuse people straight away but I believe Belial is responsible in this case!"
VOTE: Belial
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

"I was thinking of doing something along the lines of Lord Belial's action, but I agree with those who say that we should wait, at least a little longer.

Now, Lord Thiriel, would you be so kind and explain why you believe Belial is responsible? The others have voted for him just to do something, but you vote because you think he is responsible for the attack.
An explanation is required.

Please"
Andreas
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

As hilan starseeker asked the question lord thieiel seemed to become worried.
"I think he is responsible becuase.........he was one of the fastest to arrive where the "acditent" happend!
And I will not allow people to ask me anymore questions until more facts are brought into acount."

Lord thiriel seemed relived to have answred the question.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

"Lord Thiriel, while I must of course 'admire' your logic, if it can be called that, I feel compelled to point out we were all summoned to this council the morning after the..incident. It is not as if Belial rushed to the scene and was found with a dagger in his hand or anything. As to your not allowing us to ask you questions until there are more facts involved, how can you say that, and vote at the same time?

Personally I cannot advocate random voting - merely guessing who to vote off has practically no chance of success, and only serves to help narrow-down those not conspiring. Nonetheless, Doomsong as such a fan of random voting, I must feel compelled to acquiesce with your desires."

Vote: Doomsong
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

"you'r correct...... Belial allow me to offer you my depest apologies i am sorry if I casued you any trouble".

UNvote: Belial
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

A quick glance flickered across from Aethis to Thiriel.
"That has to be...One of the most stupidest answers you could come up with. Random voting may of been the only way to start the voting from today, but Facts have now shown up.
Thiriel...It is not your choice to not answer questions that have been asked to your face. But hey, If you do not want to talk when someone else is asking you something, then go right ahead. But that seems suspicious to me, and has much more facts in it then on Belial."

Unvote: Belial
Vote: Lord Thiriel (Shadow guy2)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Ah. Lord Thiriel. Congratulations, you have managed to prove the most suspicious person in this group. Your reasoning seems to be a bit... quaking. You voted at Belial because you saw most people were doing so. When you are asked why you do so, and you are relieved after talking pure nonsense for an answer. One of the first ones to arrive? Maybe he was only worried of our King's condition and rushed to here because of that. Actually, the assassins might most propably be the ones who arrive last- they had to change costumes right?"

Aradin examined Thiriel's expressions. Aradin looked him deep into his eyes and spoke.

"You accuse without reasoning. You arrive late. You seem a bit nervous, don't you all think the same? Here, I agree with young Aethis.

I vote: Thiriel (shadow guy2) because it would be blasphemy against rational thinking if I didn't come to this conclusion."
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Silas looked up his hair falling to his shoulders and fixed his eyes on lord thieiel.
"you voted for Belial with no reasoning and when you were asked for a reason you spewed gibarish then waited for someone else to speak before pulling you vote It was made quite obvious that we were all summoned the time of are arrival has nothing to do with it for these reasons and thous stated before and the fact that something must be done to day I vote lord thieiel
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.