DAT 1- Danger in the palace

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Tich
Highborn

DAT 1- Danger in the palace

Post by Tich »

The phoenix king sighed as he colapsed into an arm chair by the fire. He dismissed his guards with a wave of his hand. He picked up his glass and held it up to the light admiring the fine vintage before he took a sip and stood up to look out the window upon his kingdom. As he did so an arrow shot through the space he had been taking up only a moment before. The arrow thudded into the chair and it wasn't until they moved that the king saw that the assasins were elves though the three's faces were covered. With a shout the king jumped the chair eading for the door shouting. He made it through before a dozen phoenix guard charged into the room, by then the assasins had escaped.

Demendred regarded the elves before him, as the lord general of the palace guard it was his responsabiltiy to run this investigation. "You have all been summoned here because late last night there was a failed assasination attempt on the king." Several of the elves gasped. "You are the ones here because you were the only ones of sufficent rank that you would be allowed past the outer guards and have been reprted doing so last night. The assasins are amongst you and while it was my suggestion to simply have you all exercuted the king has decided that to prove your loyalties you will investigate which amonst you is the guilty party."

*Their the dat has started. It is now day one and i'll be sending you all your abilitys and roles right after i finish this. You know how to play vote in the day, die in the night. Also as a rule in this one, please no discussing abilitys you used and no PMing other players about the game unless specafied in you role. I hope everyone enjoys that game*
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

OOC: Just to inform you further, the phoenix King's name is Finubar, the Seafarer ;) In the case you didn't know.

Aradin Flamebrow, Commander of Tor Fadorac, stood up, noble in his white cloak and grey robes. His hair had once been blazing red, but it had gone turning white due to his old age. He had been a general in his past, but he had become a diplomat recently because of his leg wounds, that no longer allowed him to take part in war. He spoke in a deep, raspy voice.

"The foul druchii have attacked our ruler again. We see again that they are relentless in their plots. We need to repel them, cleanse this court from the Druchii scum. They need to be vanished"
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Falvonir the Grey took his seat. He was so called as his hair was grey, his eyes were grey, his clothes were grey, and even his personal standard was grey. He was clad at the moment in a simple tunic, though the longsword at his side in its (grey)sheath, and the (grey) bow and (grey) quiver of (grey with red fletching) arrows he had placed by his side betrayed him as a military leader.

Falvonir nodded towards Aradin, in a show of approval for the elfs words.

"Indeed, and the sooner everyone is comfortable, the sooner we can begin."
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial Ilanvec, highly acclaimed general, and recent addition to the council, turned his icy, grey eyes around at the assembled elves, the stern gaze betraying a hint of scorn and suspicion. His white shirt were fitting his slim, trained form perfectly. A long, slim blade was fastened in it's scabbard at his side. A scar ran from beneath his left eye almost to the corner of his mouth, greatly marring his elven beauty. He fiddled with the earring in his left ear, a long ornate elven symbol of war.

To some, he was known as a born warrior. To others, he was a reckless general, his fierceness very unorthodox in the eyes of the usually more composed and calm elven officers. His records however, had marked him out for court service, being a recent addition when an old general had passed away.

He listened to the two elder councillors words, then spoke in his slightly malicious voice.

"Even here, our fallen brother-kin has placed betrayers... Mark my words, whoever of you is their lapdogs; you will be found, and we will punish you..."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Unlike those who had spoken before him Ahanet was not and had never been a warrior or a general, he was not even armed. As a matter of fact he was considerd effet and not a little pathetic by the more millitary mindid amoungst the court. Ahanet was a merchent and few indead were those who rose high enough in trade to take a place at the court of the Pheonix king, but Ahanet was very, very rich.

"Do you supose we could stop the grand speaches and smak talking untill after these foul defilers have been brought to justice? Come we must begin.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Aethis the Dragon Mage of Caledor took a seat next to Aradin. Smoothing out the lines in his trim blue robe, Aethis looked across at Belial as he gave his somewhat tasteless speech.

Still sitting in his chair, Aethis started after what Ahanet had finished.

"Ahanet says we must begin. Then we shall. Firstly we must look at what we have. Three Assassin's somehow got into his personal chamber. This is obviously the work of insiders, so we must follow up on this.

An Assassin, would have to be crazy to take a job like this. If the infamous Shadowblade had have been put up to this task then we might not all be here, but at our Great King Finubar's funeral.

No...Malekith would have assigned Shadowblade to a task like this. Though Malekith would not be so careless to throw away one of the greatest assassin's in the world. So these assassin's must of been a throw away tool. Promised lots of money once they have finished their job." finished Aethis, looking at Ahanet.

"I accuse you Ahanet, who would suspect the re-known rich trader of Ulthuan."

Vote: Ahanet (Drainial Shadowheart)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"If Shadowblade was here, none of us would be standing anymore, Aethis. Do you remember the ship which crew he slaughtered up himself? It is true that there has to be a fool assigned to this task. And as an unexperienced fool, he has to be hasty and prove suspicious that way.

Yes, we need now care a little of protocol, but it would be better to have proper introductions before acting. I will let us all to speak before making any votes."
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

"And what would be the point of us knowing what you like to do on Hot summer days? Introductions are useless at this point, just as waiting for everyone to speak up on what is clearly obvious. We must act now. Plus you say that we would not be standing here now if Shadowblade had been apart of this, though most of us where out of this kingdom when the assassination attempt took place. For example, I was within the kingdom Yvesse, and as soon as I heard of this I took the fastest means of transport to get here. I doubt Shadowblade could be all across this great Kingdom all at the same time, Aradin."

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Ah. With introduction I meant telling each other our names, whether they be real or not... But, I am growing curious on what do you base your suspicion on, Aethis. Over half of us have yet to speak, and you have voted against the one who first catches your attention. You cannot base your suspicion until you've heard how everyone acts, not just one amongst us five who have spoken, and there are altogether twelve? I will wait, Aethis", Aradin said firmly.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

OOC: Man, I didn't know acting like an Asur would be so hard :D

IC:
"Ah, You speak wise words Elder Flamebrow. The small amount of wrinkles upon your face belie the clarity of your speech, but none the less, I shall take your advice. Im afraid that me becoming a Dragon Mage has somewhat changed me from the quiet, calculating type to a more fierce and reckless person. I am still young and naive, and you Old and wise..." finished Aethis nodding towards Aradin, showing a small sign of respect towards the Elder Commander.

Unvote: Ahanet (Drainial Shadowheart)

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Bah. I deserve no more respect than you do, master Aethis. I have done many things right, and wrong, and each one of us have our flaws. But I am honoured to offer you guidance."

Aradin was quiet a while, but then spoke to Aethis again.

"Do I have wrinkles?"

OOC: Of course we can laugh a bit to the Asur in off topic... :lol:
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

The right side of Aethis' lip quivered lightly.
Trying to hold back his laughter, Aethis replied.
"Well not exactly...Wait....No...Just forget it. We must look at more pressing issues." finished Aethis, a more serious look upon his face this time.

OOC: I thought that old elves usually had some wrinkles...You know...Above the forehead...

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Hah! Don't take it seriously. Ahem. To more pressing issues."

Aradin stood up, slowly and a short flash of pain from his leg made his face to distort as he stood. He calmed himself down, and spoke.

"Who you have not yet spoken, do so now. We don't have time for people who stay quiet in the shadows. We have to find the attackers, and by staying silent you will not contribute to their inevitable finding and proper execution. People, you have to speak."

Aradin sat back down.

OOC: Okay, very true, but I thought that as a funny side note...
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

"Well, while we are waiting for the rest of our esteemed colleagues to arrive, i believe that we ought to choose a name. My personal suggestion would be the Commitee for the Liberation of Insane Terrors, as we Owe to them Rehabilitation Into Society."

Falvonir grinned.

"Of course the downside is that the abbreviation is C.L.I.T.O.R.I.S"

OOC: Sorry about this, i saw it on TV and (with minor alteration) couldn't resist posting it.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Silas looked up his cloths showing him to be a shadow warrior.
"This is not the time for jokes the Druchii"
Silas spat the word.
"who are among us must be highly trained if they have got this far we must be careful"
Silas turned to Demendred
"do we know how many assassins there are if we know there numbers it may help us in finding them"
Silas turned to the rest of the counsel.
"this is not the time for rash actions we must think every action thou but be must also be prepared to act fast".
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"Silas, to answer your question; the Phoenix King confirmed that he saw three attackers leaving the room. Of course, there can be one more, the mind behind the plot... but we cannot be sure about that until all of them are found and are laying dead in front of us."
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

Lor'eal Brycleem looked up at Aradin's earlier comment. "I'd recommend some Neova Elixir for those Aradin, it'll sort those wrinkles right out." Turning back to the matter at hand he sighed laviously at Silas's seriousness.

"Nonesence friend, the Druchii are bound to mess up soon enough. I'm sure a few probing questions will force them to swiftly reveal themselves. It's not as if we're facing a goblin invasion here - then we should be worried. Our dark cousins would simply break upon our stalwart defence like they always do. Double the guard I say, and wait for them to unveil themselves."
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Teir
Slave on the Altar

Post by Teir »

Teirathon stomped his halberd into the ground once.

"Indeed. This is not a time for jokes. Many of us will die in the coming days. If such is my fate, then I would gladly accept it if it brought down our filthy, chaos ridden kin. The time for action is now, every moment we wait is a wasted one. Voting is our weapon. Our only weapon. Let us use it."

He drew his cloak around him with a great flourish and glared at those around him.
Down
Around here, I am
Ruler of Kings
Here
Everywhere I Am Heard
The Voice of me
Enters you
Now you're mine
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

OOC: Just a side note: A lot of people take things for granted that has actually not been said by the GM. Why, for an example, do you all think we have to vote? :p
But nevermind. I'd just like to make sure that everyone remembers that their characters are not the ones whi have read SAU's and TAU's :)
Also, is in not more plausible that whoever the assasins were, they are Asur, that has for whatever reasons, fallen in with the druchii?

IC: Belial rose to take the word.

"But let us not for one moment think that pretty background stories will act as any cover. But I agree with Elder Flamebrow that we should stay our blades 'till everyone has had time to speak."

He then gestured to Lor'eal.

"But I fear that the guard may not be enough. The traitors just made an attempt on his Highness' life, and if they can pull that off once, I very much dount a few guards will hold them off if they try again. I motion that we lock these doors, and then vote each other out for execution. Simple as that. If we find no evidence that all traitors have been killed when the last of us is dragged to the scaffold, then we will at least have made sure that the vermin has been exterminated. It will mean sacrifice, but used as we are to intrigue and politics, this should be like vacation..."
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Lord Doomsong stood.
"Ah! Were it not so! Gentleelves, we must locate these defilers in our midst, and do so swiftly. To facilitate this, I will vote randomly. Indeed, I will Vote Belial."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

All right. i'm sorry i forgot to post a character list. here it is

1. lordofthenight
2. Khelmor
3. Soupman
4. Draknir Reaverblade
5. Drainial Shadowheart
6. Shadow Dark
7. Ashnari Doomsong
8. Belial
9. Katash
10. Aenarin
11. 51la5
12. Teir
13. Shadow guy

also you can all vote. Another thing though. I relise that i started this a long time after i started the sign up thread so the first day will be extra long to allow people to relize that it has started. So the first day will end on friday.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Shadow lord
Corsair

Post by Shadow lord »

Just as lord doomsong finished talking a young high elf lord ran into the room "I am sorry i am late but the guards woulden't let me past until they were convinced i was a high elf lord what did i miss."
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
Mercy is for the weak and the weak dont deserve to live isnt that right bunny.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Only Lord Doomsongs eagerness in killing something prematurely...

I take it, Doomsong, that you would like to see bloodshed even efore everyone has been accounted for at this meeting? Very savage indeed... And even though I would normally apllaud such swift acting, it seems too rash in my eyes... Perhaps you are scared of something?"
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

"I already stated. There is no point in voting in this stage. We don't know each other at all. Know thy enemy is a wise thing to learn- we have to know of our companion's manners whetther they can be trusted or not. I do not like your style, Doomsong. Randomness is something we do not want."
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

"Introductions first. I am Hilan Starseeker, I am an astronomer. Some consider me a master of lore, and they are probably right.

I agree with the lords Belial and Aradin, I believe that everyone here should be realise that we are far to valueable to be sacrificed without caution"
Andreas