Group 13

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Lot1loe
Executioner

Group 13

Post by Lot1loe »

Group 13 will get started as soon as possible. We will start with the following players:

Raneth
Ahki
The Buoyancy of Water
Silar, Hnd of Khaine
bikeninja
Arnold Layne

We will start as soon as everyone has reported in.

Also, be sure to check out everyones background here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=51689

Just want to wish you all luck myself. It's good to see new people around here. I'm sure you will have an excellent time here. - Khel
Name: Dareth Hellscar
Class: Trainee of Khaine
Stats: WS5 S4 T3 D4 I2
Skills: Two weapon fighting, Uncontrolable frenzy
Equipment: Short sword, Dagger
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Post by Silar, hand of khaine »

Silar, Hand of Khaine/ Thesbe reporting in
Khaine's will be done
Thesbe (formerly of group 13, now in group 22, started again
ws:4
I:5
S:3
T:3
D:4
equipment: shade robes, short sword, repeater crossbow,
inventory: 200g, dagger, troll head
skills: basic stealth
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Layne/Karonath reporting in.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Bikeninja/ Fiat Obsidian reporting in.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Post by The buoyancy of water »

tBoW/Rakia Kane here.

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Sorry guys, just read the profiles and realized I forgot to add my starting equipment. Longsword and light armor.

Fixed. -- Tarbo

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Here's to a fresh start. Have at it, guys. :twisted:

Regards,
Bobby
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Ahki
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ahki »

Reporting
Character: Dlav Voivode (Male Warrior)

STATS:
Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 3
Toughness (T): 4
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 3

STARTING EQUIPMENT
Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.

STARTING SKILLS
None
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

OOC: Welcome to group 13! Since everyone has reported in We will get started, shortly, but first a few ground rules. These are things new players should know, and veterans should be reminded of.

1. Your characters status depends largely on the quality of your posting. I will not hesitate to punish, injure, or kill characters people who arent pulling their weight. This includes taking forever to post. I would like to make a modpost about every 3-5 days. I would also like to avoid posting deadlines, however, but I will implement them if time becomes an issue. I will also occasionally reward those whose posting is exceptional.

2. Your characters are not invincible. In fact, you are about on par with a 7pt DElf warrior, if even that. Don't be stupid. To shamelessly borrow the words of my own mod "Chances are that if you decide to go up with a Chosen Knight Of Khorne by yourself your going to get turned into confetti."

3. Success of actions will be determined in one of two ways. The outcome of regular actions not involving health will be determined mainly based of the quality of your post, although certain skills may make it easier. The outcome of actions requiring health, however, will bedetermined by the roll of a die. The roll needed for success will start out as a 4+ and be modified based on skills, equipment, and stats.

4. And now for combat :twisted: . In combat the success of actions is determined by the roll of a die, modified by stats, equipment, and skills. Against a fighter with the same stats, skills, and equipment, you will require a 4+. This will also be modified greatly based on the quality of your post.

Now, we might as well dive in and have some fun. Good luck.

IC: The city of Vikarh is a dangerous and dirty place at the best of times, full of riff-raff and dealings of a questionable nature. The perfect place for a bunch of ragged sell-swords such as yourselves.

On this night you are all heading towards the same place the northern city gate. This is due, however, not to fate or chance, but greed and a certain help wanted poster. It promises exciting work with rewards of honor and riches. You know this likely just means you will be required to risk your skins and bust your asses for a meager bag of coin. You don't care, however, for such is the lot of a mercenary.

The night is dark aand dreary, with a wind that chills to the bone. You would much rather be enjoying a hot meal at one of the city's many inns and taverns, or relaxing in one of the, but still you drudge through the muck covered streets. When you arrive at your destination, you find a poster identical to the one that attracted you to this job, but your potential employer is not there. Miserable though the conditions are, you settle in and wait.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

OOC:This is my first RPG post here. Hope I do okay. Goodluck everyone!

IC: Fiat Obsidians shadow darkened the gates door. His curly hair glimmering and standing in place by the cold nights freeze. His cheeks were red as blood rushed to his face to keep it warm. The dark robe he wore over his armor was stiff as well, as if it had been soaked and frozen. One might have taken a guess that Fiat had awoken from a gutter filled with rain water, and that guess would have been too close to being a truth.

He had a grimace upon his face as he looked around and saw no one around, no employer, no other mercenaries, no one else had arrived yet. He let out a heavy sigh, hating to waste time like this, but he had no other option at that time but too wait.

His stomach made angry conversation with Fiat, as it roared in hunger. He un-laced a small bag from his hip and pulled out a half-eaten apple that had started to show signs of rot. The frozen elf finished the fruit without a care for it's condition, getting every piece of edible core from it before tossing the remains at a nearby gutter.

He placed his back against the cold wall, leaning beside the poster, waiting

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

A short, slender female approached the gate. She was covered from neck to ankle in a dark blue cloak, fastened with a small brass brooch. It was, after all, a cold and windy night. Curiously, her feet were bare, the soles rather dirty.

She blinked at the poster on the gate post, seemingly without comprehending. Her mouth moved as if she were reading the poster slowly, but her eyes rolled in her face as if she were trying to remember something. She stopped, and removed a tattered piece of paper from inside her mantle.

It was identical to the poster on the gate. A gleeful, childish smile broadened across her oddly simple face. But she didn't look happy: she looked helpless.

"Ah, this is the place!..." she whispered. Fiat watched the strange creature in silence. Then she suddenly turned to him.

"Are you the leader of the company?"

OOC: my first RPG post also. Going okay?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Thesbe punched a theif who had made the mistake of trying to steal from her, in the face. She didn't have anything of value anyway. She arrived at the gate. Noticing 2 figures who both looked equally cold, luckily for her she had faced much worse than this out on the hills. "So, you both here about that job, must be as low as me?" she asked, calling out
Khaine she felt poor doing this, walking here, for a job that might just be another errand, but by the mysteriousness it promised more
ooc: my first rpg post on this site, posted on others though, was that good enough?
Last edited by Silar, hand of khaine on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khaine's will be done
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Karonath turned to look at the newcomer, her sharp eyes quickly taking in her figure and form. She seemed ready to strike, as her body tensed visibly despite her heavy clothing. Then her face softened, and she bit her nail.

She spoke in a low tone, looking the stranger in the eye, but from under lowered brows. "Oh.. I don't know. I guess I'm fairly low... Are you the leader? I have a message for the leader. It's from Her Ladyship. Do you know her?"
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

"Don't call me low." Fiat said with a sharp spit to the ground. "I'm just down on my luck. Need a half decent job to get me some half decent food." He straightened and walked away from the wall. As he stretched the cold took him, and he retreated into a shiver.
"I don't know where the employer is, but it's not here. He better hurry though, what kind of desperate employer leaves his highered help waiting?"
Fiat walked closer to the two girls, still huddled and trying to preserve body heat. "So I guess we have time to kill, and we'll be working together. I think some introductions are in order. I am Fiat, and don't ask me about my house name..." A shimmer of darkness glinted in his eye.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

"I... well, I don't know... my name, I can't remember. But the Queen called me Karonath." She sensed the unease,the sarcasm, the boredom in the two waiting with her. Her street sense told her that neither of these were the leader of the expedition.

"You have not heard of Her Ladyship then... well, happy to meet you both. I..." She stopped suddenly, and looked about the place unseeing, as if there were a wall in her subconscious, and she sought a door. Tears fell from her green eyes, and she huddled away against the gate, with the palms of her hands pressed against the wall.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

OOC: Since you're all new and asked for feedback, I thought I'd give it. You are doing pretty good, just a few things to remember. One, on the whole your posts are a bit on the short side. I realize that some of modposts give you more to work with than others, but you would do well to try and include more thoughts and feelings as opposed to just a few sentences about dialougue and actions. You could also describe your surroundings, etc. It doesn't have to be all that important, but these little details really enrich the RPG. Also, just a reminder to watch your grammer, spelling, punctuation etc.

@ Bikeninja- Just remember in the future, you cannot use items that are not in your inventory, and this includes half eaten apples. I'll let it go since you are new, just remember it in the future.
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

" I'am Thesbe, and I also do not want to talk about my family, I come from the hills around Vikarh, I'am yes an autarri (is that how you spell it, i've forgotten),"
"Hmm" she thought " This Fiat dosn't seem to want to realise his situation, Karonath appears to be a little odd though she may be useful". Thesbe leaned against the gate.

ooc: I was looking at the other groups, I red up to page 15 of group 11, so i'll right the bit about what she does with a star next to it.

*Thesbe will lean against the gate while waiting for a reply*
Khaine's will be done
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Post by The buoyancy of water »

Rakia pulled her cloak around her tightly as she walked quickly through the streets of Vikarh. Her fast pace was due to the cold: she was trying to keep herself warm. Her mind couldn't help but wander as she made her way to the north gate. She had fled to the city of Vikarh to escape the attention of her last employer, the Ravenguard, due to failing a mission. In doing so she had once again lost all contact with the rest of her group. The only positive that came from the whole ordeal was that the scroll Maeko had used had cured her stutter, and as such she was far more confident then she used to be. She had kept a low profile for a while after she arrived in Vikarh, trying to shake the Ravenguard. Now her money was starting to get sparse, and so she found herself picking up another job. She was forced to start afresh once again.

Rakia stopped once she could see the north gate. There were already several elves there. She watched from across the street for almost a full minute, trying to gauge if they were there for the same reason she was. The last thing she wanted to do was wander up to a group of thugs and find herself in a fight. However they didn't act like they knew each other so Rakia figured it was safe enough. Besides, if things did turn nasty she was confident in her ability to hold her own. She neared the group as one of the girls finished introducing herself as "Karonath" before starting a minor rant about some lady and then starting to cry.

"Nice stable bunch I see…" Rakia muttered to herself as she double-checked the poster on the wall, confirming it matched her own. She heard Thesbe introduce herself before mentioning that she was born in the wilds, just like Rakia. Rakia turned to Thesbe and smiled.

"A nomad like myself? Well, it's good to meet you." She addressed everyone in the huddle, still wrapped up in her long, black cloak. "My name is Rakia Kane, and I'm guessing none of you know any more about this then I do?" Rakia looked from face-to-face enquiringly.
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Thesbe turned to see Rakia speak "Ahh, thankfully a fellow autarri, I thought maybe it would end up as me being the only one, good to meet you Rakia and may this job be profitable for you," it was always good to keep on the nicer side of companions. A gust of wind sent a shiver down Thesbe's spine and she pulled her cloak arround her "For the love of, when will this employer arrive.
Khaine's will be done
Ahki
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ahki »

Dlav attempted to pull his tatter cloak around his body to provide a false sense of hope for warm. With not much avail, the young dark elf could only trudge onward through the street toward the meeting point that the wanting poster describe. It annoyed him to have to be out on such a night, to have to perform a meaningless job on such a night, to possibly die on such a night. But in the back of his mind, he developed a twisted humor of it. It might be such a night to do so.

A slight smirk drew across his mouth.

Dlav’s eyes rose upward as he near the meeting area near the gate. He had, before he even had sight of the gate, heard of a commotion near it. But only bother to wave it off as maybe a couple of drunk or some random druchii conversing near the area. While he drew nearer, it became clearer that this was the group. Dlav’s anticipation of the humor for tonight grew larger.

He stop in his tracks as he watch them. Although, he did so from no hidden spot but rather right on the street. He watch for a moment, getting his bearing on the group. Even with his current lack of monetary worth, he would be an orc if he went to a job with a bunch of goblins. Although, time pressed him to head toward them, for he was already late.

He shuffle his shoulder, trying to shift the shield that was strap on his back to a more comfortable location. His cloak, which he held to as if it was made from the scale of the Witch King, Malekith’s personal dragon, contain holes so large that even a human could spot the light armor he spouted and the sword on his waist.

Dlav walked up to the group, his eyes quickly darted to the poster that hung near them all. It match the one he had inside one of his pockets. This was the place.
Character: Dlav Voivode (Male Warrior)

STATS:
Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 3
Toughness (T): 4
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 3

STARTING EQUIPMENT
Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.

STARTING SKILLS
None
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Thesbe's keen, even for elves eyes (being an autarri) picked out a figure approaching, he looked like a warrior, but wive a very taterred cloak, now she felt lucky she had a proper cloak.
"Greetings warrior, I exspect that you are here for the job, unless you are mad and like to stay out wandering around on cold nights, my name is Thesbe" Thesbe said to the newcomer. Wow, I would'nt have expected so many people to come for a job in the dead of night, hopfully this pays well and his not simply noble folly, she'd had anough of that Thesbe thought to herself.

She was getting uncomfortable, she shifted but as she did her outer cloak felll down, revealing her, very attractive form. gasping with cold she grabbed up her cloak to put back over her kheitan. After that she managed a smile before leaning back against the wall

ooc:Lot1loe is it okay for me to post this much between mod posts, aslong as it makes sence to, some people don't like it so I was just asking.
Khaine's will be done
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Vryala was cold and hungry. Her last assignment ended in failure; she found the Druchii she was supposed to kill dead on arrival and as such her employer had refrained from paying her fee. All she had left was the equipment she had fled her father's estate with so many months ago. Growling, she took the poster out of her pocket and glanced it over a final time. Right back where I started... can't afford to screw this one up. Covering herself against the rain with her cloak, Vryala picked up her pace - heading to a meeting in one of the rowdiest parts of Vikarh.

She'd been there a couple of times before, as it was a popular meeting ground for mercenaries and their would-be employers, and as such she knew the drill. Upon entering the neighbourhood she began to scout for a group that seemed unfamiliar to her and to each other, and it wasn't long before her eyes settled upon one bunch of Elves particular. Slinging her shield off her back, she began to make her way there.

This may be interesting. Of the three females, the two making conversation were so damn hard to make out in the dim light they had to be Shades - Vryala had worked with their kind before and valued their skills highly. The other seemed wild, isolated, and unkempt. A Trainee! Vryala tilted her head slightly to try and get a better look. By Khaine... is she CRYING? Vryala quickly decided she'd make no mention of it... this Trainee must be even more unpredictable than others, and she wouldn't risk angering her if she could help it. Her eyes then settled on the two males, Warriors judging by their bearings and gear; both seemed very able to hold their own in combat.

Satisfied, she pulled out the poster from her pocket and held it in front of her with a friendly smile. Seems I'm in the right place! She waited until everyone had noticed her, then continued:
I am Vryala Naïlo, glad to meet you all. If anything you don't look like the dumb thugs I usually work with. Anyone of you know who our employer is? The poster didn't mention it.
Last edited by Raneth on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

ooc; I love posting, so fun

"No I do not, and if any of the others do they have yet to tell us, although he's either a sod for, cruel or very forgetful to leave us out here like this, I mean I've faced worse in the hill but that dosn't mean I like standing out in the cold" she said
Thesbe kicked a stone with remarkable vigour so that it zipped through the air, narrowly missing the new arrivels shin.
Khaine's will be done
Lot1loe
Executioner

Post by Lot1loe »

OOC: @Silar, Hand of Khaine: I encourage posting as much as is reasonable in situations such as this, it leads to character growth and getting to know your comrades. In fights or other fst-paced sequences, however, try to keep it to one post for the sake of pace.

@ Everyone: There something I forgot to mention before. It is not required but for ease of use I would suggest you use the following format:

Actions

Thoughts

Speech

Once again, this is not required but using a uniform system will make things go more smoothly.

IC: Time seems to crawl by. Slowly, the six of you trickle over to the meeting place and try to strike-up idle conversation. The cold is miserable, and some of you are just about ready to leave when you see a druchii approaching from the distance.

Once he gets closer, you recognize him as the captain of the city guard. If he is your employer, this mission may just be worth it after all, if only because of the guard's long history of selling out to the highest bidding nobles. It is clear that the current captain has not bucked this trend, as his fine clothes and highly decorated equipment would likely be well out of his means to aquire. When he reaches you your realize that he is obviuosly worthy of his title, being a exceptionally tall and well-built druchii with the look of a grizzled warrior and hisown share of scars. He slowly looks the group up and down before spitting contemptuously on the ground in front of you. Why, if you aren't the sorriest looking excuse for sell-swords I've ever seen. I bet I could fish half a dozen better looking specimans out of the sewer, butI have neither the time nor the patience to do so.

He paused and took a deep breath before continuing. Luckily, I planned for such an occurance. I know you all are probably eager to get going so you can get paid, but before that I have a trial mission. A way to test your mettle so to speak, and if you succeed you can start the real job, and I can guarantee that, dangerous as it is, the rewards will be well worth it. Now as for this first mission, some orcs have recently escaped from a slave ship, and they caused quite a bit of a mess I'll tell you. Anyways, our sources say they have made camp somewhere outside this gate, and your task is too hunt them down and eliminate them. Be warned however, there may only be a few of them, but they made mincemeat out of their guards. We still haven't been able to fully search the scene. If you have any questions ask them quick, but otherwise get on your way.

OOC: You may now ask any questions you want, and I will make a new mod post when it is time for you to move out.
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Why the son of a ..., he has no right to call us rubbish, even if we look it Thesbe stooped leaning against the wall. Firstly, if you needed top notch warriors why not get your guards to do it ehhh, secondly is there anything to note about htese orcs that might hinder or help us and finally will there be a reward to sustain us after we complte the mission and are awaiting the real job she asked.

Thesbe will wait for a reply to her questions before waiting for the others to ask theirs, she will also inspect their employees equipment to guess how rich the rewards will be. [/u][/b][/i]

IC: Whats that the captain said as he looked at Thesbe. Then, quick as lighting, he grabbed her by the throat and slammed her against the wall. I hired you because my guardsmen are to busy to deal with some orc scum, and your real mission will require some discretion. Open involvement of the guard would be unwise. He let he slip back to the ground. As for your questions, I have told you everything we know at this time. Also, there was some damage to some surrounding cages, but we do not suspect that anything else escaped. You will also be paid upon successful completion of this mission, as well as the completion of each individual mission of your real job should you prove worthy. There will also be a large reward waiting for any of you who make it all the way through, but that is a subject for another time.

OOC: Just a reminder to watch your spelling, I am being lenient now but will get stricter as time goes on.
Khaine's will be done