Group 14

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc)) work, uni rego, work, girlfriend, work work... oh and helping to repaint a house. Oh also, Urana is a guy.

Narayov, you pace across the room toward the door, behind you someone is saying something, but you don't really care, so don't listen. You attempt to turn the handle, all the while thinking "Probably locked, only an idiot would leave a gaurded door unlock... your surprise at the door swinging open brings your inner monologue to a halt. You attempt to peer through the darkness of the room, but to no avail, however with the assistance of a torch hanging on a nearby wall you are able to continue. You quickly discover that the room is infact a library, and on all sides are shelves with countless volumes of chaotic scriptures, many of which, you note, appear to be bound be human skin. Having little interest in the books, your eyes wander a pedestal in the center of the room, upon which lay an old golden neck chain with a small onyx pendant attached, you can immediately tell there is something strange about it, Should I take it, or leave it?
Decide, tell me only

Khaleth, It takes you about 10 minutes to fully translate the highelf scroll, but as you utter the final phrase it is obvious that you figured it out. Immediately the parchment flies from your hand, hovering out of your reach, then suddenly swooping at your broken leg. The paper clamps to your leg, and you watch in bewilderment as it stretches and enveloping the break. As the last of your leg disappears, you feel a burning sensation, the parchment blackens, and a blinding green light bursts from between where the paper overlaps. When you are able to see again, you see your leg, although covered in ash from both the paper and you pant's leg, is fully mended.

Tar, you attempt to instruct the elf the group calls Urana to follow Narayov as you return your borrowed weapons, and gather your own.

Urana, Urana sized up Tar, and while he accepted that in a "fair" fight he would probably lose, he also accepted that he would not fight fair and he would not be take orders from some low life warrior whose life they just inadvertantly saved.

"Listen to me, what ever your name was, we are here on a mission, these elves are in the employment of the Yamadan family, you are not, and until he tells me otherwise, you mean absolutely nothing to me, if you want to baby sit the shade, then you go ahead and baby sit him. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep planning how best to deliver Master Akimoto's package without it, or those he has employed, coming to any more harm."

Drak'Ne, you hand over your healing herbs to Dior, then make for the cowering form of the sorcerer. together with Tar you successfully bind and gag the sorcerer. Unfortunately, the only items of any real worth are the sorcerer's sword and his heavy armour (which can be distrinuted however the group wishes).

Dior and Syion, Dior quickly glanced over Syion, carefully removing his chest armour. The gash ran across Sion's chest, dark blood was clotted around it already, and in sections the wound had been cauterised by the daemon's weapon."you should consider yourself lucky, not many would survive a blow like this." After crushing the herbs and mixing them with some water from a nearby table, Dior carefully smeared the paste onto the wound.

"This herb is used to seal wounds and shorten the time it takes for a wound to heal. In about twenty minutes it will turn rubbery and you will be able to move relatively freely, but don't try anything too harsh or it will tear open again, and we don't have enough herbs to put you back together again."

All, as Tar cracks open the door, a luminous pink lighht floods into the room. You quickly notice the source, as you spot great pink lines of light covering the ground of the town in some unknown pattern, you cannot see any of the villagers, only the lines.
Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov returned to the room where his comrades were patching up the injured and plotting escape. The room now glowed with pink light that seemed to be coming from outside.

"How goes the healing?"

Narayov wandered around the room to examine the others.

"Sorry, I didn't find anything helpful."

Narayov stepped up onto a bench and sat down on a table, waiting for someone to decide on a plan.
Narayov Luanethwea

WS: 3 S: 3 T: 5 D: 4 I: 4

Equipment: Short Sword, Throwing Daggers(x4), Dagger, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Yamadan Bracer.
Skills: Basic Stealth.
Inventory: 6gc, Bottle of wine.
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc))mod cough I'm assuming the lack of postage is due to the various forms of schooling returning this week and next, atleast they are where I live, so understandable if this is the case, just post when you can, I mean, i'm an awesome mod (jokes) but i cant do much with no posts at all....
Yori Temel -- group 22

WS5 / S4 / T5 / D4 / I4

Equipment - Repeater crossbow, double-bladed spear, Light Armour, Heavy armour, helm, spiky vambraces, (stored: Zukhil sword, Shield)
Skills - Awareness, basic heal
Other: 1831gc, The Dragons Eye Amulet, Talisman of light, Healing Talisman, 15x healing balms, boots, gloves, woolen cloak, hatchet, backpack, rope, a Flint and Tinder, bedroll.
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

((ooc))Sorry I have had a WHFB tournament on and all sorts of crap that I've had to do for school ANYWAYS ((ooc))

Khaleth sighed in relief as his leg was healed by the filthy Asur scroll. Immediately afterwards, he noticed the pink lines all over the town. And he sighed again, this time a sharp sigh of anger.

Narayov, what was in that room?

Narayov responded by saying that he had not found anything that was helpful.

Helpful to you, or helpful to us? Khaleth's mind asked.

I suppose then, that you would not mind if I took a look? Khaleth sneered.

Without waiting for answer, the Shade got up from his prone position and made his way to the door that Narayov had previously entered, looking for what he knew Narayov must have seen, switched on or whatever.

Khaleth is looking in that room now. He will not allow anyone to stop him, especially Narayov.
((EDIT))((ooc)) You meant Narayov cracks open the door, right? cause you said Tar :P((ooc))((EDIT))
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

The pink light came flowing in, worrying Drak'Ne. The only reason why something like this would happen would be the sorcerer. He walked up to the sorcerer and punched him in the gut before temporarily. Drak'Ne will then gab hold of the sorcerer's pinkies.

"What do you know of this light? If you don't co operate, I'm breaking your pinkies."

Drak'Ne will attempt to punch the sorcerer, ask him about the pink light, and will attempt to break his pinkies if he doesn't co operate.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Equipment: Short and Long Sword, 2xDagger, 20G, Cloak, Pendant
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy, Basic Defensive Fighting
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Tar spat on the ground, Foul sorcery...

He gazed around the town before, looking desolate, abandoned and pink.

I don't know what is going on, but this might be our opportunity to leave. I don't see anyone. It is probably a foul sorcerous trap of sorts but if anyone has got any better ideas...

He closed the door and walked back to Drak'Ne. He grinned with pleasure at the prospect of seeing the sorceror tortured.

I don't know if you'd be so kind enough to let me break one every now and then would you?

He grabbed the sorceror's heavy armor.

Might as well put this on. Only two of us seem the type to wear this and the other I fear might exacerbate his condition wearing it. We can settle disputes later if necessary, Tar grinned with malice, I don't mind.
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

Syion continued to lay on the floor to gather some energy he needed to get out of this odd place.

"Thank you Dior" said Syion as he offered his hand for him to shake and possibly get him to his feet.

Syion will hope that Dior will take Syion to his feet and then leave to the escape plan to the rest of the group.
Syion:
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 3 D: 2 I: 5

Equipment: Halberd, Long Sword X2, Shield and Light Armour.
Skill: Climb.
Inventory: 81G, Khaine Bracer.
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc))uni back, why oh why did i pick another psychology unit... on another note, no i didn't mean narayov.

Khaleth,you wander to the room that Narayov just searched, you crack open the door and to your surprise you find yourself agreeing with Narayov. All the walls were hidden by bookshelves and a single stone book dias was the only other feature in the room. Satisfied, you close the door and return to the group, ignoring Narayov's bewildered expression.

Drak'Ne,your strike drops the sorcerer to his knees, coughing blood onto the floor. weak "It's the summoning ritual... with this wound I couldn't control it... that's why the daemon's weakened so you culd defeat them, and why the town is now transforming into a gateway... unless we leave now, it will kill us all."

Tar, Syion and Narayov, the shock from the previous comment begins to sink in, and you suddenly realise the serious need for an immediate escape plan. Tar you gain the armour
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

((OOC)) Silly me, I thought that the pink light was coming from Narayov's room. ANYWAYS...((OOC))

Khaleth gasped for a moment, then silenced himself lest the other Druchii take this as a sign of weakness. Inside, all he could feel was dread at the death that would surely await them should they fail to escape from the clutches of Chaos that ran in tendrils of corruption over the town.

Khaleth's face quickly turned to anger at the Sorceror.

You! You have brought this upon us, you filthy dog! Should we be caught by these foul denizens of the warp, I assure you that the last thing you shall feel is my blade in your stomach, bleeding you like a stuck pig! Now tell me, O Most Foolish One, how we can stop this, this imminent death?! Or must we run with our tails between our legs like...like pitiful cowards?!

Khaleth's anger was intense, and it was clear that it was barely under his control. One with enough intelligence and psychological knowledge would be able to detect that, beneath this facade of hate, there lay a deep fear of this, the unknown; of Chaos. Khaleth's voice became calm for a moment as he spoke again:

Tell me, Sorceror...do we have a chance of escaping in time? Pray, guide us out of here, and I will do my utmost to save you from the anger of our captain Akimoto, and the anger of my fellows.

Khaleth leaned in, close to the Sorceror, as he said in a barely audible whisper:

And if you don't get us out of here, I will find a way to rend your soul in twain and cast it into the heart of Khaine's altar, to be forever tormented.

Khaleth's voice rose once again:

I think that we must leave. Let the Sorceror guide us out of this place, but let us keep our wits about us, lest he lead us astray. Quickly, let us take flight!
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov's eyes widened for a moment upon hearing of the danger that surrounded them. He got down from his seat and wandered closer to the door, standing in a defensive position. His eyes were scanning the room for possible points that the beasts could come in. He wasn't even sure if anything had managed to climb through but he was ready to shoot it if it had.

"For once I agree with Khaleth, we need to move quickly and in the right direction."

Narayov walked to the Sorcerer and whispered to him.

"Our master wants to talk to you, had you not resisted I would assume that my comrade wouldn't be so close to killing you in the most painful way he can imagine."

He turned and walked away from the bloodied Sorcerer.

"Khaleth, If he does try to lead us to somewhere other than out of this village, try to save at least some of him to bring back."
Narayov Luanethwea

Equipment: Short Sword, Throwing Daggers(x4), Dagger, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Yamadan Bracer.
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

"How dare you, you piece of dirt!" excalimed Syion as he charged forwards towards the Sorcerer and lifted his fist tempted to punch him. Syion relieved his anger and took 5 paces back flinching at the pain of his chest wound. 'I better take it easy' thought Syion as he knelt down and imbraced the pain.

"Sorcerer scum can you lead the way out of here?" Syion asked as he stood to his feet pointing to the pink light which flooded the room. "I won't be stuck in the Chaos Wastes again!" Syion pounded the table as he started to drop a tear or two.

Syion will wait for a further plan to be brought up by some of the smarter members.
Syion:

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

The pink light slowly crept in, and with the vague idea of what it could do, the correct course of action was obvious.

"We don't have time for this!"

Drak'Ne will attempt to grab the sorcerer by the makeshift handcuffs while drawing a short sword with one hand for defense. After that he will attempt to help pull up the sorcerer and rush him out of the room away from the pink glow while staying aware of enemies, using his short sword to block any incoming attacks.

(If Drak'Ne succeeds...)

"Get a move on, we are LEAVING!"

Drak'Ne saw no reason why they should argue when impending doom had seemed to have appeared on their doorstep and figured that they just needed one thing, to get to safety.

Drak'Ne will attempt to get the sorcerer up and get outside and away from the pink light as soon as possible.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Tar finished clasping the armor over his shoulder, when he looked up at Drak'Ne's statement.

With a flash of a grin he drew his sword and raised his shield, Finally! I can see who leads this group. Lead the way.

Tar will follow Drak'Ne and the Sorceror placing himself on Drak'Ne's non-sword arm's side, protecting his flank and putting himself in a position to subdue or coerce the Sorceror if need be
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc)) now I'm sure you're wondering where the mod post is, well... MY GOD WHAT IS THAT! Akimoto points one way and runs the other

Abruptly ending any conversation the group was having, Drak'Ne grabbed the sorcerer's restraints and made for the door, quickly followed by Tar and, subsequently, the rest of the group.

The town had been transformed into another world. Everything was bathed in the pink light, all of the live stock and animals were dead, their corpses already showing signs of decay, the buildings distorted and bent, even the sky appeared to be ablaze as streaks of fire raced to earth, laying devestation to anything they touched.

Cautiously but quickly you make your way through the town, the pink hue and complete silence was bitting at everyone's nerves. Then you found the towns people, or what was left of them. The first of the bodies no longer resembled anything human, but as you travelled outward, to the limits of the town they become more recognisable. Their disfigured forms lay silent, the chaotic taint was too much for their bodies. You, however, appeared to be fine. It was then that you realised that the runes on the bracers given to you by Akimoto were glowing a bright other worldly blue.

Finally you reach what appears to be the edge of the pattern on the ground, and as you each pass across the barrier the runes' colour dies out and you are overcome with a terrible sickness as you break back through to reality.

After half an hour of retchedness the group gathers its senses and realises that they are noy the only thing to escape the barrier. Down the road, in the valley before you, you see movement as close to twenty villagers shamble almost aimlessly about the rocks, one takes notice of you and heads towards you, closely followed by three others. Once again the runes begin to glow.
Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov's skin tingled as they escaped the glowing pattern and his stomach churned. The feeling slowly disappeared as the group moved further away from the town.

He then spotted the villagers. At a glance he could tell that something was not right. Narayov would of assumed they were drunk but the glowing runes on his bracer told him otherwise. Quickly, he turned and spoke softly to the others.

"Khaleth, Urana, We should make sure they don't get near us, something isn't right about them and they don't deserve a chance to prove otherwise."

Turning back to face the shambling villagers, Narayov lifted his crossbow and began firing. A stray thought crossed his mind. Why can't we ever get to be stealthy.

Narayov will attempt to rally the others with ranged weapons and try to keep the villagers away from the group.
Narayov Luanethwea

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

They ran as the void started to close behind them. Their bracelets glowed when they were leaving, it had seemed as if their bracelets were effected by the workings of chaos. half an hour passed by and it looked as if they were safe, but looks were often misleading. A large group of villagers began to charge at them, only one thought could go through Dark'Ne's head.

"Open fire! Everyone with a crossbow, shoot! Everyone else, take up your weapons and charge out once the villagers come too close to our lines."

With that, Drak'Ne will attempt to push the sorcerer to the ground and say.

"Stay there, our commander wants you alive, but if you get in our way, I can't guarantee your life."

Once that has been done, Drak'Ne will draw his long sword and have his two swords ready for combat with his legs bent down and ready to charge.

Drak'Ne will attempt to suggest a plan to the group, push the sorcerer to the ground to get him out of the way, and draw his long sword so he will have both short and long swords ready. Once the villagers get too close to the members of the group that are shooting, he will charge out in order to protect them and slaughter as many villagers as he can
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Shoot first and ask questions later I guess, no problem with me. Tar thought to himself. He grined in ecstasy at the prospect of spill blood, hopefully some would get on his hands. He fantasized about the taste of it in his mouth. Blinking, he returned to the moment and readied himself.

Tar will stand over the sorceror aswell and watch the flanks and rear while the villagers close.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

Syion felt a sick feeling as he and the group passed through the barrier, but also a feeling of relief. As time passed the group seemed to be relaxed with the Sorcerer in hands, but then the villagers attack and Syion hung back as Narayov fired a volly of bolts at the on coming villagers. Syion just wished how much he had a long ranged weapon, oh well with money in his pocket surely he will get the chance to get something which will be useful.

Syion will hang back while the group fires and try to stay out of any vigarous fighting.
Syion:

Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

((ooc)) hey all sorry for the mass delay, uni assignments are eating my soul and im only in the 5th week... with two down though I will post the next installment tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay, but that's how it is...
Yori Temel -- group 22

WS5 / S4 / T5 / D4 / I4

Equipment - Repeater crossbow, double-bladed spear, Light Armour, Heavy armour, helm, spiky vambraces, (stored: Zukhil sword, Shield)
Skills - Awareness, basic heal
Other: 1831gc, The Dragons Eye Amulet, Talisman of light, Healing Talisman, 15x healing balms, boots, gloves, woolen cloak, hatchet, backpack, rope, a Flint and Tinder, bedroll.
Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

((ooc)) Hey, I haven't been able to post in my Dark Heresy game for like two weeks now, then again, giantitp.com's forums have been down a whole lot recently.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

By the gods! More goddamned Chaos grunts!

Khaleth sighed and unhooked his crossbow from his belt, clicking a magazine of bolts into place. With a swift, graceful movement, Khaleth dropped to a crouching position, leaning his crossbow upon his knee so that it would remain steady as he fired. His face changed to a look of pure concentration as he prepared to mow down the villagers in their dozens.

Khaleth will shoot the villagers that approach, but he will not shoot villagers that are not making moves to attack/cast/shoot at the party.
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

A hail of bolts made short work of the four humans, and they drop to the dusty earth, the others don't even seem to notice the fate of their former comrades and continue their shambling amongst the out crop.

Urana did not let them get their rest.

"We must begin the journey back to the ship. There will be time to recoup once we are there, until then we must continue. Else we get stranded in these wastes."

The group trecked on for three days, retracing the path that lead them to the village, finding a secure camping location each night and taking it in turns to babysit the sorcverer.

The night of the third day's travel saw them taking shelter in a small cave in the face of a valley wall. There was only one entrance, which lead through a short passage tunnel, before funneling out into the main cave, roughly half the size of the sorcerer's former drinking hall.

In the early hours of the morning the group was stirred, from outside the cave came a strange sound, like murmuring voices, and the cave glowed eerily as the bracers activated once more.

Narayov, who was on watch at the cave entrance, came running back in the room, obviously strained.

"bolts... did nothing... they just kept coming foreward... I swear its the same ones as before... atleast twenty..."

Already you could hear the first of them coming up the passage, but design of the cave and naturally formed barricades gave you some strategic advantage.
Wizard 1995
Corsair

Post by Wizard 1995 »

The last three nights for Syion were very well needed, as Narayov charged into the cave with the news Syion cursed himself at not having a ranged weapon.

"Damn I cannot do much at the moment, I will charge at them if and when they break through."

Syion will wait back, waiting for the right moment to strike at the treckers. He will wait for the bolts to do there effect.
Syion:

Warpix
Beastmaster

Post by Warpix »

OOC: College midterms are fun! Sorry boot that, needed time to cool down after my midterms.

"Form a wall up closer to the back of the cave, we'll fight shoulder to shoulder. They may outnumber us, but we have the advantage, as long as the number of them in combat is the same or less than ours, we'll be fine. The sorcerer will stay behind us. If you can't deal with fighting in hand to hand, stay behind us and fire over our shoulders when safe."

Drak'Ne will then draw his long and short sword and position himself so that the others may group up with him.
Drak'Ne
W6/S3/T3/D5/I3
Narayov
Warrior

Post by Narayov »

Narayov nodded to Drak'Ne and began walking away from the entrance.

"I'll be heading to the back then, I'm already strained, I won't be much help but I'll do what I can."

He set himself up in a good position to watch the entrance and the sorcerer, ready to fire on either.

"I'm not sure how much this will help against those things but if the sorcerer decides that they're still his comrades I'm sure they'll work quite well against him."

Narayov is hanging at the back. Prepared to fire on both the creatures and the sorcerer.
Narayov Luanethwea