Group 17

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: Woo 100th post!!

Not meaning to be rude but it has been 10 days, Can we carry on? Unless Stg can post soon
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

I will give stg a few more days to post guys, thanks for your patience
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

OOC: I am extremely sorry for being quite late in my posting guys! Hurricane Ike recently cut a destructive swath threw the middle of America and hit me in the northern Kentucky region. I was without power for nearly a week, and it’s been a long process getting my power and internet back on, as well as cleaning up after the mess. Provided no more natural disasters occur in the foreseeable future, everything should be fine for me from now on. Oh, and congratulations on 100 posts and 5 pages! This group is picking up steam, unlike mine which seems to have died.

IC: After expelling the contents of his stomach, Sarath looked up at the Kislevite mercenary who had saved him. Cursing under his breath, Sarath nodded his thanks to the mercenary, feeling immense guilt at having been saved by a mere human. Wiping the residue from his mouth, Sarath stood up and looked around at the group. It appeared everyone had dispatched their own adversaries with ease, but were looking with apprehension past the Kisletive mercenary, who had walked slightly in front of the group. It didn’t take long for Sarath to realize what everyone was looking at, as a massive monstrosity of metal was being pushed forwards by more of the humans. Sarath watched as the Kislevite muttered something and threw down his weapons. Shocked, Sarath looked around and saw most of the mercenaries were doing the same, albeit begrudgingly. That crude machine must be some sort of weapon of the humans, though it looks like nothing I have ever seen or heard of. Perhaps it is similar to the Dwarven cannons? Ilokir followed the Kislevite’s example, and advised the rest of the group to do the same. With a sigh, Sarath dropped his halberd to the ground next to him and took a step back, keeping his hands out slightly in a sign of submission. His stomach was feeling better, and the hangover seemed to have passed, but was now replaced with overwhelming guilt and disappointment at his failure in combat and their seeming defeat at the hands of the humans. "I guess we lose this round."
Sarath’anarth
Class: Warrior
(WS):5 (S):3 (T):2 (D):5 (I):3
Equipment: Halberd, Shield, Light Armour.
Skills: None
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: I talked to Kurlan the other day and he said he has a severe case of food poisoning. I am not sure when he will post again as he said he would post last mon or tue.

Sorry for any delays
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

OOC: I apologise for my absence, I have had bad food poisoning, and a massive pile up of college work, add into that I started more shifts at work and you can see my problem. But, if you are all happy to continue, I am happy to do my best to get this thing rolling. Thanks for your patience!

There is an awkward silence between the two forces. The wind whistles softly past you, before the rest of the group, the assassin throwing his scimitars to the ground and the shades dropping their repeater crossbow pistols breaks the silence. The Kislevite puts his hand on Ilokirs sword and puts it to the ground with a nod of respect. Syndikit gets out and raises his hands, clearly displeased at the current situation. The human group moves toward you cautiously, before they bind your hands and feet with shackles, shackling you together and grunt at you in their language, which you can only assume, are insults. Once they reach the Kislevite he smiles a grin at them and their leader looks him up and down, and realises if the Kislevite wants to escape and break from shackles, he probably can. Having more respect for a human they allow him to go unshackled. You all trudge forward towards the town, and through the streets where children point and giggle, but none of them daring to do more than that. You are brought to a dark prison, and led in. There you are separated from each other. The soldiers speak to each other and the Kislevite mutters to you all the word interrogation. You are all taken into a different room to await your interrogator.

Ilokir: a large white haired human greets you after half an hour. He allows you to sit on a stiff wooden chair and sits opposite you, resting his palms on the table. He then produces the helmet with the rune on it. He then pulls out a pistol and points it toward you. In a barely recognisable accent he says Listen to me, and listen carefully, I will ask you once, what is this? And do not bullshit me, I know for a fact its important enough to warrant a lot of trouble amongst your race, so tell me what it is that makes you journey for this.

Maldain: You are taken into a dark cell, lit only by a few torches on the walls. The figure opposite you has a great ginger beard and begins by asking you “what is your purpose here? What is the reason you have travelled here? Tell me the truth and I could have a word with the boss about making life easier on you, you know for cooperating, I am giving you a chance lad.”

Sarath: You are brought into an empty room with two rough looking men. The sun shines through the bars of a high window, each man holds a rough looking club. One smashes it into your chest without warning, winding you. As you cough and attempt to get your breath back the second man smashes his club into your knee, causing you to fall to the stone floor. One of them simply says I want details, I normally get what I want, talk.

Draich-na: You walk into a room and sit on a small wooden stool. Opposite you sits a young man, with long black hair and a long black beard. He talks to you in a soft tone of voice Look, I don’t want to be here anymore than you do, id rather be watching the pit fighters. Just tell me what you’re here for, and we can both go unharmed.

All: You cannot hear what is happening in any of the other rooms and are completely independent, make your choices carefully.

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

The other group aimed their weapons carefully at Maldain and his companions. Maldain knew they were to scared to come close to the group. One man came up with a large set of chains. "You aren't going to put them on me are you?" Maldain said. The human obviously didn't understand and carried on anyway. The druchii thought of kneeing the man in the head, but decided it was a bad idea.

The group were lead through the local village with cuffs round their hands and feet. This is so humiliating, we are being treated like slaves. If my parents or family ever saw me like this, the would kill me right now. Maldain thought to himself. The public were all staring at the group in chains. Even more humiliation. One man looked at Maldain and muttered something under his breath. "What was that??" Maldain said, the man didn't reply so the trainee spat straight in the mans face. One of the capters then came up to Maldain and backhanded him.

The group were lead into a large prison looking building. The were lead into a room and were left there. The Kislevite overheard the men talking and muttered "Interrogation". Maldain's heart almost burst out of his chest, he was going to try and get out but a small group of men came in. They first took Ilokir, then Maldain.

Maldain was lead into a dark room with torches on the walls. It was extremely damp in the room and the only object was a chair pushed to the back of the room. Maldain was pushed onto the chair and faced the man who had lead him in. He had a very large ginger beard but a bald head, it was quite strange to see a man with such a weird hairstyle.
“What is your purpose here? What is the reason you have travelled here? Tell me the truth and I could have a word with the boss about making life easier on you, you know for cooperating, I am giving you a chance lad.” The man said in a gruff voice.
"I don't like your tone." Maldain said. The man said nothing and Maldain continued. "I was humiliated in the temple of Khaine. One of my friends held his knife to my neck and didn't kill me. This humiliated us both. I now have become a mercinairy to become stronger and more powerful. They didn't tell us much about the mission. I am just here to kill everyone and everything in my way."

Maldain will wait untill the man is not facing him and will attempt to pull his chains around the mans neck and strangle him
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

Draich-na rests against the wagon and watches in horror as the assassin and shades surrender their weapons and give up, he stares coldly at the cautiously approaching humans and resigns to the chains with absolute hate for the humans burning in his chest, silently he endures the taunts of the humans and bystanders, "Shame on this trip is becoming a bit of a common occurence" he thought as he was led into the dark prison.

Just as they were being split up and led to seperate cells Draich-na whispers to Maldain; "Dont be hasty, wait until the opportune moment"
realising that Maldain probably wont listen but feeling better that he warned him, Draich-na walks into the room and sits on a small wooden stool.

A young human sits opposite Draich-na and watches him for several moments in silence, gauging him maybe. Draich-na admires the mans hairstyle, "strangely druchii like", the young man sits and shows no obvious sign of fear or apprehension towards the druchii captive, "This human is not the typical fool that is the standard for their race" looking into Draich-na's eyes the human says "Look, I don’t want to be here anymore than you do, id rather be watching the pit fighters. Just tell me what you’re here for, and we can both go unharmed . "

Draich-na does not fail to notice the intelligence and cunning behind the mans soft tone, "Listen kid, I am a disgraced druchii noble seeking to regain my honour by accepting mercenary contracts to build my infamy, although I am relatively inexperienced in battle I have lived for more years than you will ever reach, I cannot allow you to keep me imprisoned here any longer and I make you this offer,if you step aside and let me out then I will cause minimal commotion here and no-one needs to die, think this offer carefully for a more favourable one from a druchii you will never receive again and i offer this once to you out of respect. "

Draich-na is content to remain seated and wait for a response from the human

OOC: Oh its getting good now, nicely handled there Kurlan, good exciting modding!
Character Name: Draich-na

Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 4
Toughness (T):3
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 3

Equipment : Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

It didn’t take long for the Assassin and Shades to throw their weapons down as well. Acknowledging defeat and sure of what was to come, Sarath raised his hands in submission and awaited to shackles. Funny how often we are the slavers and these pathetic humans are the slaves, but today those roles are reversed. The group of humans shackled the rest of the mercenary group and led them down the streets of the town, parading them before the locals. Sarath was still nursing his fading headache and bruised ego, and paid the crowd of humans little heed. It wasn’t until they reached the prison that he looked up to see where they were. “This looks hospitable.”

Once inside the prison, the group was quickly separated and sent to various cells. Sarath could only ponder as to his fellow mercenaries fates. A quick glance around and he realized he couldn’t locate Syndikit. Now where has he gone off to? Snuck away before the fighting ended, or already secreted to a separate cell? Sarath followed his jailers as they lead him to his designated cell, before opening the door and briskly kicking him in. He had only a moment to focus on the cell interior before he noticed the two burly men, and the incoming blows.

Sarath gritted his teeth against the pain, and did his best to hide it. The blow to the knee sent spikes of pain through his leg, and he was forced down onto his other knee lest he fall over completely. He took a moment to suck in a mouthful of air and let the pain subside. At least they are to the point. No sense wasting time with small talk and pleasantries. I doubt they will get much from me, though. Even if they could understand me, it’s unlikely I could understand them. Sarath was quite surprised when the men spoke in the familiar Druchii tongue, albeit horribly, but enough that he could make out what they said. Despite his best efforts to hide it, he couldn’t help but crack a smile as he looked up at them. “Ha,” he spat while trying to stand fully. “You won’t get much information from me. My employer hasn’t even told me the entirety of our mission. Try your worst, but I have nothing to share, even if I wanted to.” Sarath managed to straiten to his full height without his knee giving in, and took a moment to look around the room. Suddenly he was aware of a startling fact. Where is my halberd?

OOC: It seems we all always have something popping up trying to get in our way. Business has picked up this season where I work, and I'm finding myself with less free time than I'd like. I can still participate fine, I'm just going to have to squeeze my updates in where I can. Sorry I've been flakey recently.
Sarath’anarth
(WS):5 (S):3 (T):2 (D):5 (I):3
Equipment: Halberd, Shield, Light Armour.
Skills: None
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Ilokir scans the group of mercenaries and immediately spots the assassin, his scimitars thrown on the ground before him. So far for their reputation, now we’re really in a mess. Ilokir slowly reaches for his sword when the humans approach with what seems rusted collars and shackles. Ilokir's hand is suddenly halted by the muscular arm of the Kislevite. Realising the futility of further resistance, Ilokir allows himself to be disarmed and to be shackled. His anger flares again when he sees his sword being collected by a human. In the short moment while being shackled, Ilokir tries to memorise the face of the human by hearth. "Hold it as long as you can, for Khaine will claim your life with that blade, and I will gladly assist him."

Dragged on through the streets, Ilokir knows better than to draw attention. This was not the first time he experienced capture. The previous time, he was able to bluff himself out and change sides. What aches him, is the realisation they clearly underestimated these humans. What aches even more is that this situation was created by another human. It was a wrong decision to follow the command of the Kislevite. It seemed individually, these humans were no match for an average elven warrior, but somehow they were more organized than expected. Led further and further into the city, Ilokir can’t but wonder whether his fellow mercenaries have experienced capture before. Anyway, they were about to find out the hospitality of the lesser races.

Ilokir is lead into a dark, small prison cell, containing a rough table with two chairs. His captors’ behaviour towards the Kislevite had been strange. Almost too respectful. Ilokir wonders why these humans allowed him to keep his armour. They hadn’t even searched him. When the guards shut the door of his cell, Ilokir reaches for the throwing knives attached to his ankle. He tries to study his shackles in the dark and starts trying to force them. Ilokir barely manages to put back his knife discreetly when a white haired human enters the cell. He tries to conceal his astonishment when the human addresses him in a crude form of Drukh-Eltharin and shows him Syndicit’s helmet. Apparently, he thinks I’m the leader. The thought of Syndicit cowering somewhere disgusts Ilokir. Although he is invited to sit on the chair opposite the human, the weapon in his hands makes perfectly clear what the setting is all about. I can play those games as well. It still puzzles Ilokir where the human was able to learn Drukh-Eltharin. He hesitates to respond in fluent Eltharin, but decides not to:

”You ask me what that is? It’s a helmet. Now let me ask you this: Where did you learn my language? I understand perfectly that you want to protect your village, but if you have ever encountered Druchii before, you know that it is not our custom to attack by blindly sailing into a port. I will tell you what you have to know. Even to you, it must be clear that we are a reconnaissance party. Our main force is still at sea. The destination of our expedition is far inland. What our task is, is not of your concern. We have no quarrel with this village, else it would be burning by now. I don’t have to tell you how my commander will react when his scouting party doesn’t return. We were unprepared to your attack, nonetheless you suffered more casualties than we did. Do I have to tell you what routing you will face when a Druchii force arrives here in search of a possible threat that eliminated their eyes and ears?”

Ilokir searches for the first hints of panic in the eyes of the human. Satisfied he gave him something to think about, Ilokir continues: “I want these shackles of me and I want my sword. You suffered casualties, we suffered casualties. If you want no further bloodshed, I advise you to leave it at that.”

Ilokir realizes he is gambling, but he expects the Druchii reputation backs up his story. Ilokir relaxes a bit trying to make a confident impression, searching for hints of hesitation in the human eyes.

OOC: Also my apologies for being late. I had an emotional breakdown.. women.. you all know the problem
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

OOC: Is there still anyone alive out there?

Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: I am still here an ready to post. Kurlan says his comp died and will post tomorro
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Maldain: The man gets up from his seat and turns away from you, twiddling his thumbs he begins talking You see this is not good enough, really I need.. Taking your chance you bolt up from your chair and throw your chains around his neck, managing to get a loop. In his surprise he begins kicking and struggling, but you maintain your grip and put pressure on his windpipe. He manages to kick his chair over before his struggles cease slowly, you let him fall lifelessly to the floor before you hear a man outside knock on the door and call out something you cannot understand.

Draich-na: The man looks into your eyes, trying to read you, I may be young by your terms, but im not a kid, secondly your not exactly in a position to bargain. He makes a gesture with his hands to the room you are in I think you can see Im in control, now tell me about the other members of your group, what do you know of them?

Sarath: The two men consider what you say, before one of them says to the other fair enough, if he does not know anything, lets just send him in the fighting pit. If he knows nothing whats the point. He gives you a cruel smirk Ofcoarse if your memory is jogged and you can give us some useful information, well that would change things.

Ilokir: The man considers your story before replying eyes and ears of a force? Now we both know that is not true. The fact is the look in your eyes told me you had seen this helmet before, and it means something. I will be honest, I know your not attacking our town. The rune on this helmet, the last group of Druchii who came here had a sword bearing the same rune, and the group before them a shield with the same rune. Now are you telling me thats a bloody coincidence? Three groups of druchii within a month, the last of them were a hundred strong, A hundred elven warriors. Now they paid us to keep any other elven groups at bay, but whatever it is this rune means, its important. We want in, whatever it is your looking for, we want some of it. He whistles and motions to a guard outside who enters and uses his keys to undo your shackles. He then hands you your sword, bows and leaves. The man returns to you Now you have what you want, can we strike a deal?

OOC: Apologies for my absence, computer busted, but im able to use my aunts so I will be able to keep up modposts. Great posts guys lets keep this going!

Group 17 Mod
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

The man listened to Maldain's answer with what seemed like a little bit of pity. He soon put a hard face on and then said "You see this is not good enough, really I need.." Maldain took his chance to strike. He leapt out of his chair and wrapped his chains round the mans neck. The man made a strange gurgling sound as he was choking. He coughed out a bit of blood and then fell and kicked the chair as he landed. Dead. A man with a gruff voice said something in another language. He was speaking quite quickly and panic was in his voice.

Maldain will sprint and hide behind the door before the man comes in the room. As he enters, he will attempt to strangle the man with his chains. If there are multiple men, he will attempt to hold the man as a shield to any guns or bolts.

OOC: Sorry for a short post, but there isnt really alot to talk about and i wanted to keep a bit of tension.
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

" Very well, now I want you to remember that I gave you the chance human"
Draich-na sizes up the human and knows immediately that alone he is no match for a druchii, not wanting to alert the guards outside draich-na contemplates a plan of action.

" Ok human, we have an insane khainite, a war veteran from ulthuan, a shade and myself being the disgraced noble, oh an a cowardly excuse for a druchii was meant to be leading this operation but he seems to have ' gotten away' "

" Quite the ragtag bunch eh? Still more than a match for any of your guards in fair combat, trust humans to pull a contraption like that in an engagement"

Draich-na will attempt to punch at the humans face using superior initiative and strength, he will force the human to the floor and use the stool he is sitting on to pin and strangle the human on the floor
Character Name: Draich-na

Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 4
Toughness (T):3
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 3

Equipment : Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Ilokir is all but stunned by the human behavior. Removing the shackles is one thing, but giving a captive back his sword is a something beyond belief. Let alone the offer the human made him. Ilokir franticly thinks the offer over. Somehow, he feels outwitted by the human, but can’t directly identify the ruse. Returning the bow to the guard, Ilokir accepts his sword.

”You are no ordinary officer of the guard, just as I am no ordinary scout. Apparently, you knew of our arrival and you planned this move beforehand. I don’t think you have told me all the information you have. Nonetheless, you were right about the helmet. As you already deducted, it is only a piece of a larger set, now dispersed. What you probably don’t know is that this set has the power to unlock a vault. I don’t exactly know where this vault is located, but we have gathered information that provides an estimated location here in the Old World. It seems we are not the only ones who have an idea where we can find it. As you said, we have the competition of other bands of Dark Elves. When you say you want to get into this, what can you offer? You mentioned an opposition of hundred elven warriors, aren’t you daunted by these odds?”

OOC; I want to apologise for my absence. I am moving for my work from Bordeaux to Paris.

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

With the last modpost being just over three months ago, I'm closing down this group as inactive. If you want to play in another group, you should post your character in the character pool.

Sorry, guys and gals. It just didn't last.