Group 17

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

Draich-na sat and absorbed the conversation in silence. Escaped slaves? Easy, but this tomb in the Old World sounds really suspicious but moneys money. Draich-na thought arrogantly.
"Syndikit, you say you have handpicked your best soldiers for this task? What is to stop you from killing us when we have found this tomb and its treasures? In fact why do you need us at all if you have soldiers?

Draich-na watches the surprise on Syndikit's face and decides he looks genuine enough, he stands up and addresses the table: "If I can keep what I kill and I get some action im in." Offering his hand to Syndikit.

Ah, you are nervous I see. I have survived hundreds of years of mercenary work because those who serve me well are handsomely rewarded. I am also in charge of many businesses, and those who work for me, all my professional soldiers, were mercanaries just like you. I need low profile mercanaries who can not be traced back to me, I need fresh enthusiastic mercanaries. And believe me, with all the travelling and rumours I have heard, and information I have, death from me is the least of your worries. You are optomistic to believe getting to the tomb will be a stroll in the park. If you survive this mission. Syndikit gripped his hand and shook it firmly.
Character Name: Draich-na

Weapon Skill (WS): 4
Strength (S): 4
Toughness (T):3
Dexterity (D): 4
Intelligence (I): 3

Equipment : Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

IC : Ilokir grins and takes the gold from the table. "It seems we have an understanding Syndicit. I have never before visited the Old World. I always wondered what fighting a dwarf would be like. Rumours tell there are no boots like boots made of Dwarfen hide. Apart from that, it seems our current group lacks some firepower. I guess you can take care of that before we set of for the Old World? When we've settled that minor issue, let's hunt some slaves"

Ilokir senses the adrenaline in the room when the four mercenaries prepare to leave. He doesn't know if all four of them have already seen battle. Of Sarath he is certain. Maladain seems eager, perhaps a bit to eager. Draich-na seems selfconfident enough, but is he up to the task? Ilokir realises that someone has to adress them before entering the fray. If they don't act coherently in battle this group is doomed from the start. Never done peptalk before, Ilokir decides to give it a try:

"We don't know how these slaves are organised or what weapons they have at their disposal. It is clear Syndicit wants to test us, so it would be foolish to underestimate them. I understand there is only one entrance to the wooden enclosure. It seems best to me that Sarath and Draich-na advance with their shields to cover Maladain and me. Hopefully, Syndicit can provide us some firepower, so we can already decimate them while advancing. Once we are engaged, we'll show them how elves fight! I guess all of you have seen battle before, but always keep an eye to your comrade left and right of you. Let's hunt some slaves!"

OOC: Let's keep this pace, maybe we'll catch up with stg's group. (no animosity, just friendly competition) :mrgreen:
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

Draich-na picks up the gold from the table. Dwarven hide boots, thats a luxury ive never felt.

Draich-na listens to Ilokir talk of the enclosure, one way in hmmm. This might be awkward fighting as a unit for the first time, the only combat ive seen is a bloody manticore trying to kill me and murdering my own disloyal father.

Draich-na looks around at his companions for this task and agrees with Ilokir's plan of attack: "I think if Sarath and I advance first with shields up then we can provide cover for Maladain and Ilokir but if they surround us things could get really messy, if they have no armour then some crossbows would be the best way to even the numbers a little before we, as Ilokir put it so well, show them how elves fight! If they have firearms then we should split after the intial attack and fight as two druchii units as its easier for one warrior to cover another elf than for the two warriors struggling to decide which ally to cover. Besides if we kill some and then move to control two areas of the enclosure they will have to split up to engage us and slaves wont do well against real druchii!"

"That is my opinion on the matter although im hardly a lordling so what does everyone think?"

Draich-na watched the reactions of those at the table, he himself thought his opinion was a good one but he sat down at the table again and signalled to the barkeep for more wine, much to the bartenders annoyance.

Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

Sarath quickly reached out to grab his share of the gold coins. 50 gold coins, a decent advance if I do say so myself. Maybe I can look to finally get rid of this long sword and shield, there just not my style. Ilokir spoke up after picking up his gold, offering a battle plan of sorts for how to deal with the slaves. It was a sound plan, and Sarath was definitely inclined to let someone else do the ordering. Just as he was finished speaking, Draich-na spoke as well, furthering Ilokir’s plan by adding a little of his own input. Once again, a sound plan, Sarath thought as he voiced his thoughts.

Sarath stood up, gold coins in hand, and addressed his fellow mercenaries. “I would agree with the both of you on the strategy for dealing with these slaves. Ilokir places the basics down very well and Draich-na’s enhancement would work out great. I have no problem advancing first with my shield, and I doubt the slaves will have much in the area of firepower, but even so we should be fine.” Turning to face Syndikit, Sarath addressed him as well. “Syndikit, I thank you for the advance, and I am ready to go.” Sarath took another drink of the wine, savoring the taste.
Sarath’anarth
(WS):5 (S):3 (T):2 (D):5 (I):3
Equipment: Halberd, Shield, Light Armour.
Skills: None
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Sipping his wine Syndikit arose from his seat, Right you all seem ready, bring me the slave leader back here alive, I will be waiting here for your return, should you return successful you will receive free accommodation for the evening, a comfortable bed to sleep on for a hard nights work. With a general plan agreed and your thirst for payment quenched, you all walk out of the bar as a group and towards the wooded enclosure, lead by Kalash. He leads you all through the dark alleyways of the city, darting behind shacks, taking unknown shortcuts that very few would know, crossbow gripped tightly in his hands. With the exception of a few drunks in the gutters and some mercenaries scurrying amongst buildings, the streets are relatively quiet. The moon can be seen clearly in the sky and lights your way. After about twenty minutes of fast paced walking in silence you reach the entrance to the enclosure. You all see blood on a nearby tree, Kalash bends down and puts his fingers to it, and still wet you know they cannot have gone much further. Breaking into a sprint Kalash leads you further into the enclosure before stopping abruptly and loading his crossbow. Bending down into a crouch he raises the crossbow towards a section of the wild undergrowth, which consumes the enclosure, while signalling with his hand for you all to prepare for combat. He quickly fires off a bolt into a bush, and a brief cry of pain is heard before one slave staggers out with a bolt embedded in his chest, collapsing down, dead. You can now clearly hear war cries as the slaves charge out of the bushes, surrounding you all. The leader can clearly be seen, standing a good few inches taller than all of you, wielding a bastard sword in each hand. His tanned flesh and various scars show him to be a norseman, obviously captured on a raid. Seven others who surround you are all armed with short swords, wearing the tattered rags they escaped in. Before Kalash can take aim at another of the slaves, one rushes out from behind a tree carry a spear. Screaming wild curses he launches it through the air, burying itself in the bartenders chest. He is pinned against a tree and drops his bloodstained crossbow to the floor, attempting to free himself. The crowd of slaves circle in on you, clutching their weapons, brandishing them and taunting you with wild curses and jeers. You must act cohesively as a group to make up for numbers.

OOC: Right our first combat, make sure you know that you can only attempt actions and remember post quality is a heavy influence on success. Remember these foes are lightly armed and are only human, with no armour.

Just as a reminder, you are facing, the leader, with two bastard swords, 7 men with shortswords, and one man who has just thrown his spear, and is now unarmed.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: Sorry to be fussy but my characters name is Maldain not Maladain.

IC: Maldain was extremely shocked by the sudden ambush by the slaves. He knew that if he took too long standing there, he would end up dead. His reactions quickly kicked in though and he dived for the crossbow that Kalash had just dropped. There was a very fine red mist that was in his eyes. He knew that he was starting to get angry at the slave who had just thrown a spear at their guide. Maldain was almost shaking because he was getting so angry at the unarmed slave. He shot two bolts at the slave, he was about to shoot more but the crossbow was out of ammunition. He then threw the crossbow onto the floor infront of him and drew both his dagger in his left hand and his short sword in his right.

OOC: I hope i didn't make my character overpowered i just tried to incorparate the uncontrollable frenzy.
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

"MALDAIN! Stay in formation!" shouted Draich-na as Maldain broke rank for the crossbow: "Son of a...." Cursing, Draich-na raises his shield and advances towards Maldain who is quickly being surrounded by the slaves. Dammit they might be escaped slaves but that norsemen has seen more combat than all of us put together, if we dont fight coherently were dead. Draich-na advances steadily issuing a challenge to a particularly agile slave. Come on scum , taste druchii steel!

Draich-na takes a quick glance around at his other companions who have not yet engaged and was about to encourage them but the slave who was about to finish off the bartender turns round in surprise and charges recklessly at Draich-na, he steadies himself and attempts to move to the left of the slave and cut him down the back.

Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

Eager for some action and a chance to test his skills in real combat again, Sarath hopped up from the table and followed Kalash out of the bar and into the night. The bartender led them on a dizzying path, winding in and out of back alleys and rough streets. Sarath quickly lost his sense of direction and became very disorientated, but managed to keep up with Kalash, his sprinting form always a step or two ahead of himself. Around one corner, Sarath thought he saw a group of mercenaries fighting off a group of very drunk druchii. Ah, a street brawl. Unfortunately I can not help you my friends, I have business of my own this night.

It wasn’t long before they left the city outskirts and had reached a wooded enclosure matching Syndikit’s description. Sarath observed as Kalash halted the group, bent down to examine some spilt blood on a nearby tree, then quickly jumping up and sprinting forward. Just as quickly they halted again, while Kalash readied his crossbow and gestured for the group to move up to him. He then fired a shot into the bushes and struck a slave square in the chest, killing him. At that point Sarath unslung his shield and made to draw his long sword, when another slave burst from the bushes to his right, throwing a spear at Kalash and impaling him on the tree. More slaves came rushing from the direction of the first dead one, and quickly surrounded Sarath and the other mercenaries.

This isn’t looking good already. There are more than I thought, and we're surrounded before we have even made a move. In what seemed like the blink of an eye to Sarath, the mercenary Maldain seemed to burst into a frenzy, rushing to pick up Kalash’s fallen crossbow and fired at the nearest slave before drawing his own blades. Draich-na immediately called out to the frenzied Maldain, trying to get him back into formation, but to no avail. Instead, he readied his own shield and rushed out to try and provide Maldain with cover.

It must have taken Sarath a minute to come to grips with the sudden attack and snap himself into action. Seeing Maldain and Draich-na engage themselves off to his right, Sarath took a moment to scan the area and immediately spotted what must have been the slave leader and their ultimate goal. What a brute of a man, he must have been a Norse raider. If I can incapacitate him, that will eliminate the biggest threat, secure out objective, and perhaps discourage the remaining slaves with the loss of their leader. Sarath quickly made up his mind and advanced in the direction of the leader, drawing his long sword and raising his shield up high. Realizing his probably didn’t understand the druchii language; Sarath opted to throw menacing curses in his direction, hoping to draw his attention. “Oi, you bloody son of a whore. Right here you rat bastard!” Well, the tone surely must have got his attention.

Sarath will advance slowly towards the leader, attempting to draw his attention away from the rest of the group. If successful, he will then engage the leader, allowing the rest of the group to focus on the remaining slaves.

OOC: Awesome, glad to be in some combat! A few things for those paying particular attention to my post; the group of fighting druchii Sarath spotted is indeed a shout-out of sorts to my own rpg group, and it appears my character is British, or at least uses British slang.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

When the group sets off towards the enclosure, Ilokir can’t help but ponder about the enslavement of the lesser races by the Druchii. He was always taught slavery was a practice beneath the dignity of elves, but to what other purpose could these beasts serve than to die by a sword blessed by Khaine? Slavery on the other hand, was a bridge to far. Ilokir decides the best way to deal with the lesser races is to deliver them a quick and painless death. Contrary to the High Elves, who deserve a long and painful suffering... Ilokir feels his anger well again with great intensity. He realises he has to suppress these bursts of hatred and slowly loosens the handle of his sword. It was called Ice because of the heavenly blue reflection of the Ithilmar steel it was made of. Perhaps he had to inquire on the origins of this Maldain, but that was for later...

Ilokir curses himself for not paying attention when suddenly Kalash fires his crossbow. He instinctively draws his sword and one of his throwing daggers. One second later all hell brakes loose. Within moments their small attacking force is surrounded by thugs. What should be a surprise attack has become an all out battle. Swearing again, Ilokir curses Syndicit for not sending a shade with them. Helplessly, Ilokir watches Kalash being impaled by a thrown spear. Immediately, Maldain rushes off to confront the mob. That was to be expected, but it brushes aside their general strategy. Although experience from previous temple acolytes learned that when these trainees entered frenzy, they could take care of themselves, Ilokir realises it is in Draich-na’s and Maldain’s benefit when they tandem up. "Cover him!", Ilokir shouts at Draich-na, making sure he is heard by the latter.

Ilokir’s focus is drawn by Sarath. It is clear the Druchii is to confront the Norseman. Ilokir searches on the Norseman’s body for a distorted rune of Khaine. He remembers the lessons of his tutors about the Norse raids on his homeland. One of these savages’ deities was Khorn, a counterfeit god, with a vague resemblance to the Blooded Handed One. Legends of his people tell the minions of this god were formidable in battle and possessed mighty fighting skill, even for manlings. Seeing this giant of a man wielding two bastard swords, Ilokir decides to cover Sarath’s advance. Khaine curse him! doesn’t he see he is probably surrounded by the time he gets there! If this Norse animal knows to handle these swords, he’ll probably make mincemeat out of him..

Ilokir dashes after Sarath into the fray. Easily deflecting an inward thrust of a short sword with his longsword Ice, Ilokir slashes at the throat of the oncoming slave with his dagger. His senses heightened by the bloodlust, Ilokir at the last moment avoids an unexpected blow to his head, leaving his right pauldron scratched. He manages to smash his elbow in the unprotected chest of his attacker, making the slave go crawling down in agony.

Sweating from the exertion, Ilokir sees Sarath provoke the Norseman. Fool! If his suspicions were true, Syndicit’s test proved to be a serious one. Ilokir redoubles his effort to reach Sarath. If he manages to come in range, Ilokir throws his dagger with full force at the right elbow of the Norseman, intending to disable his main hand. Then, Ilokir will take his longsword with both hands and will assist Sarath by attacking the Norseman from the other side, taking care not to damage vital parts.

Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a vacation planned for this weekend, from Thursday the 12th till Monday the 16th, where I will be out of state and away from any computer. So, I will not be able to post an update to my character’s actions till Monday evening next week. If you want Kurlan, I can have my guy get knocked out or something, so he isn’t standing around, unless you guys don’t mind a 5-day lack of updating. I don’t mind either way, just let me know.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Maldain: You rush out of the groups formation, consumed with rage. As you run you stop quickly to pick up the bloodstained crossbow. You fire off two rounds, which due to a combination of frenzy and lack of experience with a ranged weapon, fly wide of the mark. You drop the weapon and bring out your blades, moving towards the nearest slave. Three of them surround you brandishing their blades, shouting insults just as Draich-na breaks off to assist you.

Draich-na: the unarmed slave runs at you wildly, swinging a fist towards your face, quickly swaying to avoid the punch you bring down your sword with brute force, severing his arm at the elbow. As the blood spurts out of his arm and over his cloth he collapses clutching it, crying out in pain. Putting a boot upon his back you plunge your blade deep into his back, killing him. You then make your way over towards Maldain, the three slaves surround you both brandishing weapons and shout curses towards you.

Sarath: You rush out towards Maldain but are cut off by the slaves that surround both Maldain and Draich-na. Drawing your weapons you move towards the slave leader, shouting your insults in an attempt to draw his attention. He hears your insults and with a stern look on his face takes a menacing step forward, making a few arcs in the air with his swords he looks at you for a second, confident in his own abilities he charges towards you, backed up by two of his slaves. Swinging one of his bastard swords in a low arc you manage to jump back out of the way, surprised at the speed of him. The two slaves charge towards you, before you have time to fully recover, as they charge one is hit square in the neck by a throwing knife clearly intended for the leader. In a burst of blood his lifeless body collapses in a heap. The second slave, undeterred charges forward, bracing behind your shield he crashes in, pushing you back a few paces before you force him sprawling back.

Ilokir: Seeing the group split you quickly decide to help Sarath, sprinting after him. One slave charges towards you swinging towards your face, you duck before slicing your longsword across his chest, causing him to fall to the ground clutching his stomach, trying to keep the intestines inside. Another slave swings for you, scratching the pauldron of one of your shoulder, hurting you but not piercing. Forcing your throwing knife into his unprotected throat you hear a gargle of blood, but before he goes down he swings once more with his shortsword, scratching your left leg, it is only a shallow wound, but it draws blood. Balancing yourself you launch the throwing knife towards the leader, but in the mix of melee hit and kill a slave instead. You follow in to help Sarath and swing towards the Norseman, but he easily parries and forces you back a few paces, laughing as he does so.

Kalash manages to remove the spear from his chest and slumps to the ground. He takes off his socks and stuffs them into the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. He is too weak to move or fight, but fumbles out another cartridge of bolts from his robe.

OOC: ok all you are engaged in melee with several opponents, with some slaves circling and preparing to charge. Ilokir’s post was of good quality and it is on that basis that his actions have succeeded, with a little leg wound thrown in. In future just remember controlling NPC’s and what you accomplish during combat of all things is not allowed under the rules.

And as a reminder to sum it all up, Maldain and Draich-na are surrounded by three slaves with shortswords, Sarath and Ilokir and fighting one slave and the Norseman. Kalash is slumped against a tree trying to stay conscious and alive. The unarmed slave has been killed, Kalash has killed one slave, and Ilokir has killed two.

And as for your character getting knocked out Sarath, I feel it is undeserved but you guys must tell me what you would prefer.

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: I think it would be alot easier if Sarath stayed in the RPG just controlled by some-one else. That way we won't loose a character to fight etc.

IC: Maldain was now surrounded by slaves, he saw Draich-na coming towards him and thought he should go for the one who was blocking the way between him and the other druchii. Maldain Targeted this slave, he was about half a foot shorter than Maldain, this slave had fear in his eyes, he obviously hadn't been in many fights before. The slave was quite weak looking, a very skinny looking figure. Maldain stared into the slaves eyes, they were an icy blue, almost the colour of a high elves undershirt. The thought of high elves made Maldain scream out with hatred. Maldain was starting to not be able to controll what how he acted and knew if he didn't calm down a bit soon, he would end up either dead or harming one of his fellow mercinaries.
The druchii grasped his weapons hard in his hands, he attempted to jam his dagger into the side of the slave's neck, also because he was filled with so much hatred and was so frenzied, leap towards the slave and impale him with his shortsword.
Last edited by Dark moonlight on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

Sarath is surprised by the speed of the leader and barely jumps back to avoid his deadly attack. Two more slaves charge up to him from either side of the leader, but one manages to get taken out by a flung dagger. I will have to remember to thank whoever threw that dagger, Sarath thinks as he turns to focus his attention on the second slave. Sarath barely manages to get his shield up before the slave throws himself on it, forcing Sarath back several steps. Cursing, he manages to push with all his effort and knock the slave back a few feet. Gathering his thoughts, Sarath refocuses his mind to the battle, keeping as level a head as he can manage. He spares a moment to look over his shoulder and sees Ilokir charging up to assist him.

Thinking quickly, Sarath shouts: “Ilokir, thank the dark mother. I got a little foolhardy and underestimated their leader’s battle prowess. If I can keep his attention on me, you may be able to slip behind him and get a good shot!” Trusting he heard and understood, Sarath returned his attention to the slave in front of him. Perhaps I can throw this slave off balance and land a killing blow if I disorientate him. Acting quickly, Sarath thrusts his sword forward, counting on the slave to dodge the attack. Before the slave responds, he pulls the trust back and rushes forward with his shield, raising it slightly as if to bash the slave in the head.

The shield never reaches that far, however, as Sarath lifts it higher and over the head of the slave, only to swing his long sword in a horizontal sweep aimed at taking the slave’s legs out from under him. He then continues the move, lowering his shield to chest level and allowing his built up momentum to spin him completely around. Sarath then aims to knock the slave back a few feet by bringing his spinning shield crashing into the slave’s side.

Sarath will attempt to kill the slave he just knocked back. He will try to feint a trust, then attempt a false shield bash at the slave’s head, both to disorientate the slave. He will then attempt to aim a horizontal strike to take out the slaves legs and follow through by spinning around and aim to bash his shield into the slaves side. If these are successful, he will goad the slave leader into combat, but remain where he is and try to draw the leader into attacking first.

OOC: Ok I think it will work out, I will only be gone for 4 days and be able to update again Monday. I definitely didn’t mean I was quitting! Also, Kurlan, please let me know if this is how you are wanting to combat description to go. I’m trying to make sure I don’t do anything take would be considered forcing the NPC’s movements.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

IC: Frustrated, Ilokir watches his throwing dagger miss its principal target, but burry itself in the neck of one of the slaves who were engaging Sarath. Forgetting the slash at his leg, Ilokir covers the distance between him and Sarath as quick as possible. Although the solid impression Sarath made on him, Ilokir doubts Sarath is able to defeat the Norseman on his own, let alone when he has to deal with an additional attacker. When he sees Sarath is facing the slave with the short sword, Ilokir decides to engage the Norseman, to protect Sarath from a blow in the back.

Ilokir is reassured he didn’t see any rune on the human, but is nonetheless impressed of the Norseman’s prowess after exchanging the first blows. He realises his adversary furthermore holds the advantage of two swords against one, of a higher physical strength and of a longer range. Let’s see if you can dance. Ilokir draws on all experience he has learned, from the extending sword training when he was young to the dirty tricks he learned from his Druchii tutor. Ilokir will try not to fully engage, but will draw the Norseman away from his companions who are still locked in combat. He will faint and counterattack when possible, but his goal is to be elusive for his adversary by positioning himself in and out of range time and time again. He’ll only enter within range of his enemy when there is a possibility to wound him. You stand no chance barbarian… Ilokir thinks by himself with a grin. Even if you have the stamina to continue, time is in my favour. How do you think you can overcome the four of us?

Ilokir is fighting with his sword two-handed, dancing in deadly combat with this Norseman. The repeatedly ringing of steel against steel and the brass smell of blood make him forget his companions, forget this place Vikahr. He is to learn again the first and foremost lesson of the swordmaster: to become one with his sword ...Strange how these Dark Elves worship Him as a god of Murder, while His true potential is War..

OOC: It has been a wile since I played rpg here on D.Net. My apologies for interfering with Npc’s. I guess I was a bit overenthusiastic.

OOC: I think it’s best to wait for stg’s return. That would only be a couple of days. I have no problem with that.

OOC: (monday june 16th) Is there still any life out there?

Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

OOC: i agree, no-one has posted in three days, i thought we were trying to catch up with stg's group !wink!
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Until Draich-na posts I cannot continue. I did say a week deadline so he has not overrun the deadline, but must post within the next few days, thanks for your patience.

Group 17 Mod
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

OOC: Hey everyone. I just wanted to pop in and say I am back from my little vacation. Looks like I didn’t really miss much. I’ll wait for the next mod update to get back in to it.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

OOC: Sorry for the hold up
Last edited by Raven knight on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

Draich-na looks around as three slaves encircle him, he glances over at Ilokir who is engaged with the norseman; Ive got to finish up here and go help him he watched them exchange blows and was impressed with Ilokirs skill; no time to spectate, right lets do this

Draich-na observes the slaves encircling him and Maldain, Maldain dives recklessly at a small, feeble looking elf and Draich-na decides to engage the other two himself to protect Maldain's back.

Gripping his worn longsword tightly in his right hand he raises his shield high in his left hand and advances with menace in his eyes towards the scared looking slaves.

Draich-na was feeling slightly elated after his first kill and he could see the fear in the slaves eyes as they looked around at their dead, it was starting to get dark now and Draich-na's eyes now had the faint tinge of red in them which he assumed was a birthmark of his family. He started thinking back about how he had dishonored his family; I must redeem my family's honour! I cannot retreat or fall!

Glancing at the white raven crest on his robe he offers his kills to Khaine and moves to engage.

Filled with purpose he charged the weaker of the two elves attempting two smash him in the face with his shield and finish him quickly to carry momentum onto the larger of the two slaves.

If he succeeds he will then attempt to engage the other slave in a duel by dropping his shield and using his sword in two hands, he will then attempt cut downwards at the slave with all his strength.

OOC: Sorry guys! ive been moving up and down between houses for the past week but im ready to start posting regularly again.

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Maldain: You seek your target and observe him, charging with speed. The slave readies himself and manages to parry your dagger thrust with his shortsword. Pivoting on the balls of your feet, you swing your own shortsword towards him, and are rewarded with a burst of blood from the torso. He cries out and falls back, not allowing him to recover you charge again, forcing your dagger into his throat, wrenching it deeply, cutting it open in a swath of blood and gore.

Sarath: After speaking quickly with Ilokir you make a feint with your sword, which the slave tries to parry, terror pours from his eyes as he realises the trap to late. Bringing your shield down with a deadly combination of force and momentum it collides with his head, causing his nose to gush with blood and several teeth to crack. He stumbles back, swinging his sword about him, trying to defend himself. Disorientated you easily find a way through his pitiful defences and manage to rake your blade across his knees, causing him to collapse into a kneeling position. Head spinning and covered in blood he looks up at you with brave eyes. Expecting him to cry for mercy you allow him this last action, He coughs and spits a large amount of flem and blood onto your armour. Disgusted and also surprised at this act of defiance, you part his head from his shoulders in one swing. Turning to the slave leader you ready your shield and move towards him, he eyes you and moves forward, swinging a bastard sword, which clashes with mighty force against your shield. Planting your feet you hold firm and stab your sword into his wrist, causing him to drop the blade. He backs away a few feet and clasps his remaining sword with both hands.

Ilokir: Turning towards you the Norseman lets a small rumble echo from his throat before throwing himself towards you, swinging his Bastard sword downwards, towards your head. Moving swiftly out of the way you knock your blade against his, not with force, but more of an insult. Moving around him you await an opening, while dodging his thrusts. Concentrating deeply and remembering your lesson, you strike out; the blades clashing can be heard by all. You duck another thrust by the Norseman before slashing at his thigh with your blade, it is only a flesh wound but draws blood, and will hinder his movement, after a scowl of pain the Norseman moves back a few paces, attempting to keep both you and Sarath to his front. He is still confident in his abilities but alone and outnumbered he will not underestimate you. Blood trickles from his wounds with each movement, causing him to grimace in pain.

Draich-na: Hefting your shield high you charge towards the two slaves. Momentum and weight mean the force behind your shield is great, however the lightly armed slave easily dodges to the side before slashing across your back. The blow hurts, but does not pierce your armour. Turning round you drop your shield and wield your sword in both hands. The lightly armed slave aims a swing at your ribs, but you bring your longsword down just in time, the power of the weapon forcing the slave to drop his. Thrusting straight forwards your blade goes through his chest and out the other side with little resistance. You attempt to wrench your blade free but are unable to; it is stuck fast in the body of the slave. Out of the corner of your eye you see the larger of the slaves come running towards you. As you turn to defend yourself he launches himself at your chest, tackling you to the floor and winding you. He forces his hands to your throat, making it hard to get your breath back. During the tackle he dropped his sword and it lies about three feet from your head.

The two unengaged slaves, seeing their comrades being massacred and their leader engaged decide to make a hasty retreat. One of them collides into a tree while running, a crossbow bolt sunk fast in his shoulder blade. The other slave runs back, helping his ally as they run off into the darkness of the woods. Kalash remains in the firing position, pleased with his shot, before dropping the crossbow and moaning, the effort causing the pain to intensify. He drifts in and out of consciousness.

OOC: ok all Sarath and Ilokir are facing off against the Norseman, Maldain is unengaged and Draich’na is fighting against the last of the slaves.

Group 17 Mod
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Ilokir is surprised the Norseman is not that agile as he had suspected. This man mostly draws on strength than on skill. The blade is not his favourite weapon. Moreover, he could be a lot more dangerous when he has a shield. Ilokir realises this is actually the first manling he ever encountered. He wonders how the fate of this man could have betrayed him to let him end up in a place like Nargaroth. He regrets he was too haughty to learn the crude tongue of men when he was young.

The dodging of the Norseman’s blows becomes easier and easier, his attacks more and more predictive. His adversary is clearly loosing the fight against his own endurance. This battle reminds Ilokir of a practice fight. His mind drifts off again to Chrace, to the moonlit nights where his brother and he fought endless battles under the surveillance of his village’s elders. It were they who recognised and stimulated his talent with the blade and initiated him in the cult of the Blooded Handed One to become a warrior of Ulthuan instead of a potter or a farmer. Normally a Chracian elf of his age would be trained and tested with the ultimate goal to get selected to join the ranks of the White Lions. Although, that was what he learned from the elves of nearby villages. There was only one problem concerning that scenario: the White Lions had to pledge an oath to Asuryan. Ilokir’s only god was Khaine. His aim therefore was not to join the Phoenix King’s bodyguard but the Forces of Hoeth, who didn’t have to swear fealty to Asuryan. Moreover, the Swordmasters fought with Khaine’s favourite weapon, and not with crude axes. Embittered, Ilokir remembers entering as a proud novice the gates of the White Tower. It would be his tutor who after a month unmasked him to be Khainite, thus sealing the fate of an entire village.

… Torn from his memories, Ilokir attacks with renewed vigour, letting his hatred taking over. Ilokir doesn’t allow the human to take the initiative, but hammers in a rapid sequence with his sword at the Norseman, trying to break his defence with a continuous succession of blows. The realisation dawns upon Ilokir that the Norseman is holding on to his strength only, for he lost his speed and stamina. Better to keep pressing the attack than to let him regain his strength. On the other hand, Ilokir sees Sarath has finished off the slave he was fighting. Against two elves, this barbarian doesn’t stand a chance. To mask his own growing fatigue, Ilokir will feint a slash at the torso of the Norseman and will then immediately dive under the blade of his adversary as he will probably try to defend holding his bastardsword horizontally. When passing the body of this adversary by, Ilokir will smash the spikes of his offhand vambrace in the hamstring of the Norseman. He hopes Sarath will take over the initiative to cover his retreat.
Last edited by Ilokir lúinwë on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark moonlight
Corsair

Post by Dark moonlight »

Maldain had landed hard ontop of the weak looking slave and his sword had successfully been driven into the slave, initially there was blood spurting out of the wound but when he landed it was a whole load more. It flew upward onto the druchii's shirt and covered it red, it became very wet and sticky. Some of the slaves blood had jumped up into Maldains face and into his hair. He licked some of the blood from around his mouth and then swiftly yanked his shortsword out of the slaves gut, it was pretty hard as his sword had a large barb on the end of it. Even more blood came out with the sword, so Maldain wiped the blood on the dead slaves shirt. He then glanced over to the tree where Kalash was, it was a pretty horrible sight.

Seeing the remaining slaves in combat, Maldain attended to the heavily wounded Kalash. He saw him bleeding alot, Maldain ran over to their guide. He then nelt next to kalash and asked "How are you doing mate?" Kalash was in to much pain to answer back, so Maldain ripped off his sleeve and tried to stop the bleeding by holding the cloth onto the wound. This seemed to work, however he knew it was puting Kalash into more pain. Maldain reached out and grabbed a nearby small log and told Kalash to bite on it, it should take his mind off the pain. Maldain looked around to see if he could get some help as he hadn't much experiance in being a medic. The other druchii were still engaged in combat with the slaves though so they weren't much help at this point in time. The enexperienced trainee was started to panic, his hands started to tremble. "Little help over here!" Maldain knew no body would come but it made him feel better knowing they knew he was trying to help. Kalash started coughing up blood now, Maldain wiped it up with the sleeve, He then saw some of the wood from the spear was still inside the wound. "I need to take out the wood that has been left inside you." Maldain reached inside Kalash and very carefully took out the largest peice of wood first. He then went for the second largest and carried on in this way untill all the splinters were out and on the grass next to him. Kalash was starting to close his eyes and going towards the blackness of death, "Come on mate, stay with me!" Maldain lightly slapped Kalash on the face a few times. Attempting to keep him concious, it wasn't really working so Maldain decided to do something a bit rashional, he got out his dagger and pressed the point onto Kalash's hand, he thought this would keep him concentrated on something. It seemed to work as the guide moaned from the pain and looked the druchii straight in the eyes and said in a weak voice "you bastard" he then smiled and coughed up some more. Maldain wiped it up again and said "stay with me or i'll have to do that again." He then smiled to let Kalash know he was only joking.
Stg
Corsair

Post by Stg »

That’s one down, Sarath thought as the slave’s headless body fell to the ground. With his foe defeated, Sarath took a moment to clear his mind and breathe a sigh of relief. He stood there for a few more seconds, catching his breath and preparing to face off with the Norseman again. His composure re-assumed, he turned to the Norseman and advanced again with his shield raised. Anticipating the Norseman’s reaction, Sarath adjusted his weight slightly to take an expected blow to his shield, and was satisfied to see the man do just that. Deflecting the blow with his shield and leaning back slightly from the force, Sarath then counterattacked by thrusting forward, aiming at the leader’s outstretched sword arm. Landing a small cut along his arm, the Norseman dropped his sword, backing quickly and gripping his remaining sword two-handed.

This bastard is going to be tough to bring down, but at least I am not alone. No sooner had he thought this than Ilokir rushed forward and engaged the Norseman, forcing his attention on him. Sarath took the moment to control his breathing and calm himself down slightly, adjusting his grip on his sword. Ilokir danced a deadly weave around the Norseman, blocking and feinting before landing a blow on the brute’s thigh. Sarath couldn’t help but admire his finesse and battle prowess. Ilokir is quite adapt at combat and a very powerful ally. I will remember to never get on his bad side. The Norseman backed away slightly from the pair, attempting to keep them both in his peripheral vision.

Unrelenting, Ilokir attacked again, becoming quicker and more precise with his attacks. Or is the Norseman slowing down, becoming more predictable? He’s growing tired. Perfect. Sarath smiled at the prospect of the slave leader wearing down, and the tables turning in the druchii’s favor. As Ilokir continued his assault, Sarath thought he heard a sound from behind him. Turning quickly, he notices Maldain had dispatched the slave he was fighting, and had rushed to the aid of the barkeep, Kalash. He quickly examined his wounds before asking the group for help, then returned to Kalash and tried to remove splinters of wood from his wound. The elf is done for; there is little we can do to help him before he passes. “I’m afraid I know nothing of healing, and he is likely to die before we can get him to any form of help. Leave him.” Sarath felt a tinge of sorrow at the loss, recalling his time in the northern watches and his failure that cost the lives of several druchii. Now is not the time for this, he reminded himself. Focus on the task at hand.

Returning his attention to the Norseman, Sarath watched as Ilokir pummeled the slave leader in blows, wearing him down further. Seeing an opportunity, he ducked below the Norseman’s sword and attempted to cut his hamstring with his vambrace. It took Sarath a moment to realize exactly what Ilokir was doing, and the position it would leave him in. He means to have me move in now, better not disappoint. Loosing a battle cry, Sarath charges in to the Norseman as Ilokir makes his move, hoping to catch him off guard with a few moves of his own.

Sarath will charge in as Ilokir attempts to cut the Norseman’s hamstring. If Ilokir is successful and the Norseman is distracted, Sarath will aim a powerful blow at his right arm, hoping to cut his arm off and disarm him of his bastard sword. If successful, Sarath will back up a few paces and prepare for any counter by raising his shield up slightly. If Ilokir’s attack is unsuccessful and/or the Norseman is not distracted, Sarath will attempt to quickly raise his shield and bash into the Norseman instead, counting on his charge to hopefully topple the slave leader over.
Sarath’anarth
45 gold coins

Group 16 moderator
Raven knight
Trainee Warrior

Post by Raven knight »

Draich-na struggles for breath as the last engaged slave bears down upon him attempting to choke him, Draich-na realises he is failing, he sees the dull red tinge of his own eyes in the reflection of the slave's eyes and is overcome with shame; my father fought for years on the northern borders with little more than 3 companies of watchmen against the terrors of chaos, his father before him served the lords of Har Ganeth as a bodyguard, my family's heirs have all been renowned for loyalty and skill and the best I can muster is death at the hands of a puny slave

The slave saw his chance at freedom and tightened his grip around Draich-na's throat, he moved his head closer to Draich-na leering at him with his few remaining teeth. Draich-na looked away for a second at his companions to see how the fight was going and saw that it was almost wrapped up, filled again with shame and disgrace Draich-na whispers to the slave with the little breath he can get away; "Youre not going to die fast, I will enjoy this scum!"

Draich-na will attempt to bring his knee into the slaves groin and take a bite out of the slaves unprotected throat, he will then try to regain his sword and cut off the slaves left hand, then he will attempt to punch the slave hard in the face and then slowly sink his sword into the slaves stomach.

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Ilokir: your hatred taking over you take the initiative. Hammering in strikes repeatedly the Norseman only just manages to block them; sweat now glistens off his brow as he is forced to retreat a few paces back, at the same time blocking your blows. Your feint is successful and he braces his sword horizontally as expected, he is shocked when the blow does not come and feels the sharp pain of your vambrace pierce his hamstring. He cries out, but realising he is outnumbered and is fighting for his life, grabs hold of your shirt and lifts you off the ground as you try to retreat, hurling you into a nearby tree. The blow knocks the breath out of you.

Maldain: While not a surgeon you help Kalash as best you can by taking out the splinters in his wound, ignoring the carnage around you as you focus on trying to slow the bleeding in his chest. But regardless of your help, he has a hole through his stomach, a fatal wound. He knows he will not make it back and reaches for his crossbow, mumbling. You pass it to him and he loads a cartridge in. Looking you in the eyes he says “I am not your mate” before putting the tip of the crossbow to his throat and pulling the trigger, killing him instantly in a spray of blood. The crossbow imbedded in his skull he slumps back against the tree.

Sarath: Observing Ilokir you make your move. Surprised at the strength of the Norseman and watching him launch Ilokir like a toy you see the bleeding on his wounded leg increase. His wrist is also covered in blood. With every step the Norseman takes blood is pumped out, and seeing your opportunity you charge. The Norseman only just manages to turn around in time, and brings up his bastard sword to block the blow. He forces you back and swings the blade horizontally at your chest, but your agility allows you to duck from the blow. Seeing your opening you are able to cleave his arm just below the elbow. Your blade bites into the soft flesh, cleaving through the bone to the other side. He drops the sword as he clutches his wound. In disbelief of what has just happened he falls to his knees, looking into your soul he stares at you in defiance. He rises up again and picks up the sword in his remaining hand. He is weak and barely able to hold it straight, but his fighting spirit amazes you. Blood continues to pump out of his arm and he is clearly growing weak.

Draich-na: Whispering your promise the slave tightens his grip, but mustering your strength you send your knee into his groin. The slave gives out a sharp cry of pain and as you go to bite his throat he hammers his forehead into yours with force that temporarily dazes both of you. Getting up the slave staggers for a moment before running for the sword. You realise that if the slave gets the blade it could all be over. Charging forward you punch him in the face, causing his nose to spurt out blood. Bending down you fumble for the sword and as the slave staggers towards you, it is thrust into his chest. He says nothing, and you hear the breath slowly leave his body as he collapses to the ground.

OOC: Ok guys pretty simple, Kalash is dead, all the lesser slaves are dead or have made a hasty retreat. And as you can probably tell, the Norseman is in a pretty poor condition himself.

Group 17 Mod