TAU II Transmutation Most foul

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

interesting isnt it? We seem to have only one cultist left and he seeks out the (apparently) only other cultist and disposed of them.
It seems to me that this last traitor is impatient and intolerent of any sort of rivalry, a good start potentially.

Does anyone else have suspicions?
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Telrunya rushed into the room. The red robes he was wearing seemed rather unhandy as fighting equipment, and although a weapon could be easily concealed within them, the clumsy fumbling of Telrunya trying to make his robes look impeccable makes many a warrior think he would hurt himself badly in a fight with even inanimate objects.

The sign of his house was embodied into the end of his sleeves. Even though it was made from something that looked like gold fiber, the reputation of the importance of the house made anyone suspect that this was a rather cheap forgery. Nevertheless, Telrunya wore it with pride, for all to see.

"I am glad this can be finished tonight. Please, allow me to go directly to the point."

"As I have pointed out earlier today, there is only one suspect left. One person who has only spoke on two occasions, but has made two critical errors nevertheless."

"Draco's first words were an accusation against Ba'kus mere seconds after the latter voted for Verdot. To come back to your words, Draco, yes, we were convinced Verdot was responsible for whatever happened to the Lector. With the benefit of being proven right, I ask the question back: Why were you so convinced he was innocent? I don't think you were. Au contraire, I think you knew he was guilty."

"But you spoke twice, Draco, and the second time it was in the defence of Kai'Shal. Need I say he has been tried and found guilty as well?"

"You do not have a good case here, Draco, and I do not think there is an excuse good enough to escape from this."

Vote: Draco (Fingol23)
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Against his expectations, Tarbo was standing in the council chamber again that very same day. He had not forgotten his gloves but was, like everyone else, called back by the head of the meeting. And he was happy to be.

“Good afternoon,” he opened. “Councillors, I left this chamber pointing towards who I believe to be the last remaining cultist. Now, I will not only take action, but also explain myself so that your minds can rest easy and be free of doubt. For after today, we will no longer be forced to lock our doors at night, hoping not to be deemed an appropriate target. After today, we will no longer have to judge and condemn our fellows in hopes of saving ourselves. After today, we will be the victors, and woe be the defeated.

“Remember that earlier today, Telrunya sallied forth against Kai'Shal and built the case necessary to condemn him to a well-deserved grave. By doing so, he earned a sneer from an otherwise obtrusively silent councillor known only as Draco. Telrunya is keen to put people in the spotlight, he claimed. To that I say: how else will we find those responsible for our predicament? We do not all have the luxury of picking our targets from the anonymity of shadows.

“No, I believe Telrunya has proven himself openly to be trustworthy by his overt attack on Kai'Shal earlier today, and by throwing in his unwavering support for what is now called the Verdot argument when others considered it wavy and uncertain. From the very start, he has been one of us brave few, unrelentingly hunting and killing cultists to assure our survival. To question the allegiance of a man with intentions so obviously beneficial for the council, for us all, should be evidence damnable enough on itself. But even then, there is more.

“Draco claimed that the case against Kai'Shal was unconvincing, and would rather hear the guilty speak and designate a better suspect of his own. If Kai'Shal's convictions proved false, Draco added, he would 'happily' join us in his condemnation. Not only does he stand up for Kai'Shal as he did for another cultist, Verdot, he explicitly puts him in a position of leadership by asking him to please point another target out for him.

“In both cases, Draco refused to place his vote against the condemned cultists. The first time, he showed doubt. The second time, he showed his true colours.

“His reign ends here.”

Vote : Draco (Fingol23)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Chang'yu entered the council chamber with a large look of disappointment on his face. The afternoon had not gone the way he had wished, and his weariness showed it, along with a long cut coming up from his under his robes to the bottom of his cheek. He had come to the temple to control his... urges and tendencies that got him in trouble in the first place, but with the excitement of this case coming to a close, he let himself go a little to far and was just glad he could still walk into the council room in the morning.
His face fell apon the Panther form of Vesper and Chang'yus mood lightend that his fate was not the same last night.
"Well that takes him off of my list of suspects." He said as he took his seat. "Although he wasn't really high up there, unlike some of the other council members." His eyes looked over to Draco. "I hope you have something good to say for yourself, because I want to end this quickly."

Vote: Draco

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Deroth
Assassin

Post by Deroth »

Deroth walked in with sigh. He was looking foward to getting out of this place but he was looking foward to a sleep more. "Well it all seems pretty clear now who the last cultist is, let us end this so we can move on to complete whatever we came to this forsaken place for."

Vote Draco[/b]
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

"Let the will of the council be done."

Draco
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

“Well that removes Vesper from my list of suspect leaving just one person on that list. Draco”
Vote Draco (Fingol23)
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Se’alara smiled, things having gone exactly the way she had wanted.
“Justice is swift, guards, take him. And don’t disappoint me again!”
As before two executioners headed straight for the door whilst four more advanced on the seated Draco, his face twisted in a sneer of contempt. This time however, they moved rather more cautiously, their fear of the Hag over toped by the terror generated by the marble statues of their compatriots that still stood in the centre of the room, faces frozen the a grimace of pain; A constant reminder of the fate that could well await them should they fail to subdue Draco.

The Tzeenchen stood, scraping back his chair. Time seemed to freeze; Draco’s eyes took on an odd blue tint, as if he had un-shuttered a blue lantern behind each eye. He spoke, his voice light hearted, but at the same time oddly heavy, as if laden with power. There could be no doubt that here was a mage more powerful than the two that had gone before, what ever their political status in the cult of the changer.
“Well, I must admit that I am impressed with you all, you have indeed proved your selves to be a most insightful group.” He paused for a second “Well most of you anyway. But I am afraid that it will avail you nothing. You brought this upon your selves you know, if your meddling priest had just had the grace to sit out his self imposed exile in this heathen temple quietly and kept his strangely pointed nose out of the business of others we would not be here now, and he could have maintained both his dignity and his mind. Ah well, as I said, it was your choice.” The Tzeenchen smiled, and laughed at the expressions of the councillors and guards who found them selves quiet incapable of moving even an inch.

The world seemed to shift, where seconds before there had been a large room of solid stone now there was nothing but space, an endless plain with nothing in sight, no birds, no clouds, no wind. The cold stone floor gave way to a thick carpet of lush green grass, which was a good thing for the councillors and Hag because the table and chairs had also vanished; leaving them sprawled across the floor. Rocks hung in the air around the figure of Draco, who strangely seemed taller and more handsome than before. Even Tzeentchens, it seemed, were not above a little vanity. Draco sat cross-legged upon on such rock. It was perfectly smooth although its surface seemed never to stay still, always moving subtly, never settling, like thick silt in a river. In fact nothing of the old room remained other than the cloths of the elves gathered there.

Draco seemed to consider the frozen elves for a moment, as if deciding what he should do with them.
“First,” he declared, “We shall do away with unnecessary bystanders.” He looked towards the six executioners standing there, swords drawn, itching to bring them down and cut Draco in two but unable to do so. The warriors then moved, finding their legs and arms dancing against their will, bringing their blades up and marching to stand in one long line. Then, as if at some pre determined signal they decapitated one another, starting from the back, each remaining on their feet after loosing their head for just long enough to hack the head from their fellow in front, the rearmost executioner then twisting his writs in an unnatural way to lop of his own head. Blood arched from severed arteries and soaked those councillors sitting nearest. Draco laughed and clapped his hands at the spectacle.
“Oh what fun,” he laughed, like a child with a new toy; sanity was clearly not a requirement on the cult of Tzeentch entry form.
“I think we should play that again,” As he spoke the councillors rose, their eyes rolling as they tried desperately to master their own bodies. Most drew blades of their own, others picked up the Draiches of the Executioners. The councillors all stood in a line, each a foot apart with Se’alara on point. As one they raised their blades high.

Draco raised one hand, preparing to bring it down and with it the swords that hung over his accusers heads, like some master of puppets. But as his hand reached its zenith the strange world shook with an ear splitting roar that echoed, as it should not in the apparently endless space. Draco was knocked from his perch by a jet-black panther with an elven face. The Tzeenchen tried to rise and marshal his thoughts long enough to obliterate this hairy pest, but then let out a yelp as a large hamster fastened its fangs around his ankle. Needles to say this made concentration rather difficult. Draco managed to shake of the freak of nature with some effort and he stood. Raising his hand again he was clearly about to unleash some new hellish magic upon the animals when an elven face with fangs dripping with venom shot forwards and fastened them selves around his neck, a thank you kiss from the lector. Draco screeched with agony as his blood scattered through the air and hung there in a pink mist. But blood loss was not his immediate concern as venom pumped through his system and ended his life in seconds, breaking down every barrier his body could muster in an instant, stopping his heart and frying his brain.

As Draco’s body thudded to the ground normalcy reasserted its self, as did independent mobility and the council members lowered their weapons. The creatures, and Draco’s body were, by lucky chance, in the glass case with the hybrids in the processes of destroying the evidence by devouring their tormentor. A somewhat shaken Hag priestess sat in her seat and tried to take back control of the situation.
“I think we can be certain that the threat is over, the cultists have all been caught or Draco would not have tried to kill all of us. He would doubtless have spared any whom were on his side. Congratulations all of you. The Temple of Bloody Joy invites you to stay as long as you wish and explore, as you will. There is a bottle of whisky in that cabinet over there.” She pointed
“ I recommend you all have a glass, I certainly shall.”

Victory for the Loyalists! Congrats to you all.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation