Group 18

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

"I'm with Zarloyth on this, we have spent enough time wandering the City, why go looking for an apothecary when suitable targets wait outside. Take someone nobody will miss, and force them to take the drug. It saves time and energy, and if they struggle, I'm in the mood to kill someone."
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

"Yes. But we'd gain nothing from killing him. We would in fact lose time. What I am saying is, sure we could somehow force someone to smoke something - indeed, that would be difficulty, how do you force someone to smoke something, that is something they would have to do of their free will - and if it does turn out to be THE drug we have saved a lot of time. But what if it isn't? If it's anything else, we will never know what it does, because only the person who uses will know what he experiences. We can continue to work while the apothecary examines it. All we would need to do is go to the noble's district and ask a random person, "Could you tell me where the nearest apothecary is?" It would not be difficult to find. I vote we take the certain road. We will definitely learn something from taking it to the apothecary's, whereas if we somehow force someone to smoke it and it isn't THE drug, we will have wasted an important lead."

"One last point. What if he smokes it and nothing happens? You say were given this Karios when you purchased another drug? What if it only works when mixed with the drug you bought? Hmm, that way they could have hundreds of different versions of it, each to mix with a different drug. It would certainly make it much more difficult to stop altogether."
"Ghost"

WS: 5
S: 2
T: 2
D: 5
I: 4

Skills: Basic Stealth, Stealth.
Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

We don't need to kill our victim. Just take a junk who would gladly take any opportunity to have free drugs. When something occurs, we can simply hold him down until it wears off, and force him to tell what happened afterwards. But besides that, Ghost, you've probably got a point. If it isn't the stuff we're looking for we would never be any wiser.

Zarloyth took a deep drink from his wine, savouring the warmth in his throat. Ghost's final words troubled him. What if indeed the effects of the drug only kicked in when combined with another drug, that would make their job that much more difficult.

I don't care how we go about this, I just want to see it done.
Name: Zarloyth Class: Warrior
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:3 I:3
Skills: Powerful Kick
Equipped: Mail Skirt, Greataxe, 2 Long Knives, Sea Dragon Cloak
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Brydson
Dark Rider

Post by Brydson »

Karios listened patiently to the opinions of his three companions. His water finished, he rested his elbows on the table and steepled his long fingers in a thoughtful pose. All this deliberation would soon begin to tire him. For a moment, the impulse to seize up the paper, light it with a torch on the wall and take a deep inhalation swept over him like a wave, and was gone. He grinned to himself when he imagined their faces.

"I think, for the sake of progress, that it is safe to assume that this innocent looking piece of paper IS the substance we are trailing. Whether it needs to be combined with something else... I admit it's possible, but in my experience such things are relatively uncommon, at least when dealing with potent hallucinogens which our subject matter must be. I expect that the paper has been soaked in some hellish liquid substance to then be dried, which suggests injecting or drinking a dose would most likely be fatal. I would hope that an alchemist of repute would be able to identify it, or at least give us some clue as to it's creation... unfortunately the paper may be destroyed in the process. If not, I am in full support of testing it on some gutter scum before we proceed."

After speaking his mind, he thought to himself for a moment, holding his pose. Then he spoke again.

"If we are to track this... thing... to it's source I'll have to go back to my contact in the poor district. I'm sure you understand I want to know as much as possible about the stuff I'm going to be dealing with. Ignorance in such matters will probably lead to me being tortured to death, which I'm sure would trouble you, my dear friends, greatly." He smiled sarcastically.

"Of course I'm not thrilled at the prospect of being carved up by a band of chaos worshipping schemers either, but like Zarloyth I wish to see this done. Are we agreed then?"
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Frustration filled Ghost's head. This is much too risky. I heavily doubt that this is the substance we seek. But, I will gain nothing from arguing three on one. Unfortunately all I can do is stand by and watch them regret their mistake. Ghost sighed heavily as Karios finished speaking. "I do not share your certainty that this is substance we seek Karios. But I have no choice but to agree. It is unfortunate that we could waste this evidence so fruitlessly. Still, I just hope you three are correct. So, any ideas where we can find a fool stupid enough to smoke something a random group of mercenaries give him?"
"Ghost"

Inventory: Shade Cloak, Short Sword, Repeater Handbow, Legran's Token, Six Daggers, 65.5 Gold, Thieves' Tools, Wrist Blades.

Group 19 Moderator
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

"Probably right outside" said Khaina, getting to his feet. "I understand your take on what we need to do Ghost, but doing this first could save us a trip to the apothecary. If not, I guess you'd be right, and we would have to go seek one out. Still, I am sure there will be someone around here who can smoke this, willing or otherwise."
Brydson
Dark Rider

Post by Brydson »

Karios leaned forward and interrupted, speaking quickly.

"No, no... I only agree to using a test subject IF it comes back from an alchemist in one piece." He looked at Ghost as he spoke.

"I am not certain that this is the substance, I am merely assuming so, since speculation in this matter will be a waste of time. None of us is going to risk using it, so it's purely academic at this point. I believe our best course IS to go to an alchemist, or apothecary, and have him test it under a threat of horrible death should he reveal a word to anybody. And since I was the only one to discover anything useful, we'll do what I want."

Karios was bored of discussing their next move. He had a plan clear enough in his head and expected the others to fall in line. He reached out across the table to reclaim the twist of paper.
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Then, by all means, see that it is done. I'll just go buy some goods, get some rest and return to the guard captain to see if I can find out some more. Zarloyth said, getting up from his seat. He knew that opposing the choice Karios had made would not be helpful at all, and was groing tired with this bothersome discussion.
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

Ghost grinned broadly beneath his mask as he let Karios take the paper from his hands. Well that is perfect. Still, he is rather unconvincing on his own; that comment about being the only one who brought back something useful should spark a response from at least Khaina, and perhaps even Zarloyth after he's cleared that goblet of wine. It seems the petty arguing is getting to him; maybe he's not as patient and stoic as he thinks he is. Still, it had turned out in Ghost's favour in the end, and that was all he cared about; he didn't mind Karios being the one to make the meeting, Karios was the one he trusted the most out of the three. "Ah, I'm pleased to hear that Karios. Go ahead, I have no quairms with you being the one to meet with the alchemist, you did find the thing after all. Now, I suggest that we end our discussion, get some rest, and brief each other in the morning of what exactly we plan to do...Just so there are no surprises."
"Ghost"

Group 19 Moderator
Brydson
Dark Rider

Post by Brydson »

Karios nodded to Ghost as he tucked the piece of paper away carefully into his pack. He was relieved the discussion was over, since tiredness was beginning to fray at his nerves. It had been a long day, after all. He glanced at all of his companions in turn. Ghost, he assumed, would be going back to the guards with Zarloyth. That left Khaina free to accompany him to the alchemist and play the role of retainer. Looking at the volatile assassin, he decided it better to suggest this in the morning. He hoped a night's sleep would make his feisty companion more agreeable.

"Yes, a rest will do us all some good I think. Hopefully this time no-one will try and burn the inn down around us."

He rose from his stool and approached the bar, speaking gruffly to the bartender.

"How many rooms do you have free?"
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

OOC - I really wonder what happened to Kiaron :( its never been quiet this long before... Anyhow, we might as well assume that we can all stay the night for a reasonable price.

I need some sleep to shake this damned wine off, Zarloyth muttered as he made his way upstairs to find his room. The drink had done nothing to improve the young warrior's temper. He'd always had a rather bad drunk, but usually only after several goblets. Must be strong stuff... he thought, Better perhaps that I don't let alcohol cloud my senses when dealing with the others, that wouldn't be good for their health. Probably not for mine either... He opened the door to his, rather filthy, room, sank down on the bed and started to unbuckle his armour. He quickly examined the dents in his breastplate. They weren't too serious, yet Zarloyth couldn't help but be amazed by the terrible strength of the Chaos beasts. Eventually he put the armour away, rested his blade against the side of his bed, and fell asleep.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Khaina listened to the apparent change of plan and was suprised when Zarloyth simply said 'okay' and let them know what else he would be doing. That left Khaina to face down Ghost and Karios, and he decided to let it go rather than waste more energy having another heated debate. He rose from the table and looked at the others,

"So be it, the paper goes to the alchemist in the morning. I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow yet, but for now I need to get some rest..."

Khaina will go ask at the bar for a single bed room for himself for the night

OOC- yeah hope Kiaron is alright, we need him back soon for things to run properly
Kiaron hebleth
Black Guard

Post by Kiaron hebleth »

I’m really sorry for my lengthy absence guys, and even sorrier for the following announcement. I’m quitting the mod team.

I took what was meant to be a short break over Christmas, but I’m in my final year of college and my workload has increased to the point where I no longer have the time required to run this game. I’ve delayed writing this because I had time to look in on the forum once or twice and I was really thrilled to see you guys continue on the game in my absence. I thought that I’d be able to find the time to continue on with such a great group, but it’s become painfully obvious that I’m kidding myself.

I regret ending the game in mid flow, leaving you with no proper resolution, but I simply don’t have the time to end it properly.

You’ve all been great and dedicated players and I hope you won’t let the death of this group turn you away from the game because you’d all be an asset to another group.

It’s been a blast guys, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Kiaron.
Character Name: Dah'menk

Stats:
WS5 S3 T2 D4 I4

Weapons: Long Sword, shield, light armour, corsair handbow, 5 clips of ammo, excellent quality knife, small knife.

Character class: Warrior
Skills: Defensive fighting

RPG Group 18 mod
Javert
Beastmaster

Post by Javert »

OOC: Thanks for the time you have devoted to the Group. It's not good that you're leaving mid-flow, but I understand that you most likely couldn't avoid it. For a second time I say good luck.
"Ghost"

Group 19 Moderator
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - AHHHHHH! I understand that you can not do it any more, but its a real shame to see this group disband now... I enjoyed this so much. Good Luck with college and stuff mate
Brydson
Dark Rider

Post by Brydson »

OOC: Sorry to see you go Kiaron, I've enjoyed this group and the effort you put in to it was much appreciated. I hope your studies go well, good luck for the future.
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

OOC: It's a shame you have to go, Kiaron, you really had me hooked ;) . Anyhow, good luck with studies.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

With Kiaron leaving the mod team, I'm closing this group. If there is anything left you wish to discuss, or questions you wish to ask, feel free to start a topic on the CC&T forum. You can repost your character in the character pool if you want to play in another group.

Thanks for playing, guys and gals. You were one heck of a group. We don't all kick up to 16 pages.