New Group 20

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

The buoyancy of water
Highborn

New Group 20

Post by The buoyancy of water »

Hello all,

Could the characters currently selected post in here to show they are ready to go?

Also, if anyone else is looking for a group and I haven't got in touch with you please give me a shout now and I'll have a look. Only two or three spaces, so be quick!!

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

WS: 4
S: 3
T: 2
D: 4
I: 5

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Skills: Basic Stealth.
Joyfulcheese
Dark Rider

Post by Joyfulcheese »

I'm looking for a group. I'm the process of working on more of a character background particularly pertaining to his journey to Vikarh but aside from that I'm good to go.
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Utharn N'Gal - Disciple of Khaine

Stats: WS - 4 S - 3 I - 5 T - 2 D - 4

Equipment - Short Sword, dagger, small quantity of poison (2 uses), travelling cloak
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

I'm lookin for a group too :)
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

I am here.
For the Shadow King, you shall die, druchii scum!
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Hi,

@Joyfulcheese and Moridin_Nae'blis: Like you characters, you are both in!! Make sure you have your character saved on your computer to use as a reference and add extra money/items to at a later date.

@Narmo Eressea: Glad you're still around!!

One spot left!! First come, first served... (bar those I PMed a couple of weeks back)

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, Small Brass Ring. 5 Gold

Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

I am here
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Lol, Well even though it was first come first served sure I'll throw my name in anyway......
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

Ditto to Cananatra.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Bubonicus
Warrior

Post by Bubonicus »

I'm here!
Dai
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:4
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire
Equipment: Two Daggers, Repeater Crossbow, Winter Cloak, 225g

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Hello all!!

We have our Group 20 ready to go. So no more applicants please!! The group will consist of:

BuBonicuS
Canantra
Demendred
Joyfulcheese
Narmo Eressea
Rekok
scion of naggaroth

We will use this topic for all our OOC (Out of Character) talking. If you are away for any length of time, please post here. This way we can keep our main topic as uncluttered as possible, helping everyone focus on the action :twisted: If anyone has any questions please post them in here or PM me directly. If you haven't done an online RPG before it might be best to wait until a couple of the other players have posted before you start, just to get an idea of what you should be doing.

One big thing is spelling. I know that English is not everyones first language (and I think it's incredible anyone can play an RPG in their second language...) but run posts through a spellchecker before posting!! My method is to write my post in Word, run the spellchecker, then read the post to ensure it makes sense. Having said that, we're all human, so the odd error does not matter.

I'd like to keep the posting rate fairly high. While you guys are sitting around chatting I'm quite happy to leave you to yourselves for a bit, as long as it's interesting. If we are in a combat situation I'd like to do a mod post every 3-4 days at least so that we can keep the action flowing.

I think that's all I have to say for now. Chat away in here as you like. The first post will be tomorrow afternoon!! I'm in the UK for time zones, by the way...

Cheers,
Dave
Last edited by The buoyancy of water on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenya Talos

Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Ok, so what is the story with the few extra pieces of equipment myself and Demendred have from Group 12?

On another note, nice to be on your side again Demendred.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Hi,

Keep the extra equipment. Won't give you a huge bonus I don't think. And if it does, you earnt it anyways!!

First post is going up now...

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

hi, just a quick note, could everyone please put their character stat in their signatures, it makes it much easier to track, and helps everyone else by giving an overview of your character. Thanks
Narmo eressea
Trainee Warrior

Post by Narmo eressea »

This is mine:

-Character Name: Narmo Eressea
-Character Height and Weight: 1, 75 m, 65 kg
-Character Age: 120
-Other Descriptions: Raven Black hair, green eyes, dark cloak, grey robes. He carries the normal survival items used in the forests.
-Character Class: Shade
-Character Background:

Narmo was the youngest son of the house Eressea in Naggaroth. All his life he was terrorized with the old tales of the biggest threat the Druchii had known: Alith Anar, the ghost of Nagarythe, the figure which haunted Narmo´s dreams.

One day the household of Eressea was utterly destroyed when one of the Shadow Lords that Anar commanded launched an attack against his people. Even if their warriors were bolstered with an important number of Executioners from Har Ganeth, nothing could be done to avoid the massacre.

House Eressea had the tradition of sending the noble sons to be educated in the harsh life of shades and proof there their worth for the house of the elfling so narmo escaped the destruction of all he knew.

Grief and ragefilled him and swore to never give peace to the Shadow Lord for what had happened and having no living family, which in the powerplay of the druchii society made him an ideal candidate to die, he stayed with the group of shades.

There he was nearly killed when a group of beastmen attacked them, only the quick intervention of Nadhiel, a hunter of the cult of Anath Raema make him survive.

For that Narmo felt indebted to him and his goddess. Should Nadhiel ever need help Narmo would do whatever he could, even if that delayed his search for Anar. Nadhiel and Narmo had a brief relationship before departing each one in a different path, which they tried to keep in secret for gay relationships were frowned in druchii society.

Narmo wandered through Naggaroth in that process for he could not stay anywhere for a long time. He was considered too weak for the druchii society. In his heart he didn´t have the feelings of the other druchii. He didn´t want to kill, steal, or lie to obtain power and riches, he just wanted vengeance.

Anath Raema - Sister of Khaine, Goddess of the Savage Hunt. Her domain is the the joy of the chase, and the thrill of the kill. According the legend, her advances were spurned by the god Kurnous... as such, she is also worshipped as the avenging goddess of jealous lovers.

-Weapon Skill (WS): 4
-Strength (S): 2
-Toughness (T): 4
-Dexterity (D): 4
-Intelligence (I): 4

-Starting skills: Basic Stealth.

-Starting equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak.
For the Shadow King, you shall die, druchii scum!
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

If you want to see the characters please go Here

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

I just meant the stat line in the signature, not the whole background, just better for ingame refence, like Cananatra and The buoyancy of water and myself have
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

I know what you mean, it's just some people might prefer to have wordy stuff in their sig instead. I was just giving folk an easy link to find the other characters.

You are right though, it does make things easier *cough*... :D

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Looks like myself and rekok are getting set to break the first page almost single handedly. :lol:
Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

it's going well, really injoying this :D, however i was running out of things to write. However we've just been joined by Joyfulcheese!
The buoyancy of water
Highborn

Glad you're having a good time!! Don't feel lke you have to post though. Feel free to wait for a couple more folk before you post again. Having said that, I'm all for character interaction, so post to your hearts content (as long as it's not just wafffle...).

Cheers,
Dave
Lenya Talos

Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

gah, 3 days to late!
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

Hey as mentioned in the earlier PM, I'm in ataly atm, so...my posting qill prolly be a little irregular untill saturday
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Joyfulcheese
Dark Rider

Post by Joyfulcheese »

As some seem inclined to think it may seem I've taken a few liberties with what went on in my post. But given that the Druchii are a bunch of infighting, murderous bunch and we are in the mercenary city it's exceedingly unlikely that anyone would miss the two who died. The tube he carries with the poison has two ends, one end has the poison the other half has some simple dried herbs for adding to food. Hope I haven't taken too many liberties with him having that either. I reasoned it to myself that such herbs/poisons could be easily obtained in the wilds of the land on his travels to reach Vikarh.

But in saying that, if the post needs changed I can certainly do that.
"Beware the fury of a patient man"

Utharn N'Gal - Disciple of Khaine

Stats: WS - 4 S - 3 I - 5 T - 2 D - 4

Equipment - Short Sword, dagger, small quantity of poison (2 uses), travelling cloak
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Its just a general rule in rpg that you can only control your own character no others (such as that pair) and only start with basic equipment so not that extra poison. I personaly dont have much of a problem with that post. I just think whats going through peoples head is what if you do it later at an important time? At the end of the day though its our mod which has the last say
Rekok
Corsair

Post by Rekok »

I think i read on the RPG rules somewhere that you can't go around killing people in the city without the city guard responding... Even though it is a mercenary city they still have laws