Group 21

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Mmm ... yes you’re quite right, dying does not enter my immediate plans. The mysterious figure replied to the shade. And I can certainly imagine that you have no wish to die here either, isn’t that right Absinthe? Well you see, your employer may not have been entirely truthful with you. What did he tell you? – That we’re some occult chaos sect and that we need to be removed, right? Well didn’t it seem suspicious to you that he sent unknown mercenaries on such a delicate task, instead of his trusted city guard?
Regardless, as you’re about to see your employer is about to join us very soon, I won’t bother explaining how, I would rather show you...

Quite bewildered, the pair of mercenaries stared at the figure, expecting a trap with every passing moment. Suddenly, garish flames lit up beside the hawk-man at the click of his fingers. Suddenly in the middle of sorcerous fire a dull picture slowly resolved itself out of the chaos of colours. In the flames they saw the very same alcove they visited not so long ago to enter the Tzeenthian labyrinth. Only now the small room was filled with shambling figures. The image resolved further. The shambling figures were in fact distantly elven in appearance. However they were covered with disgusting diseased pustules and the mercenaries could almost feel the nauseating cloud of pestilence coming off them. There were about eight of them, it was hard to tell, all dressed in sickly green rotting robes. They seemed to crawling around the moonlit circle scribing heinous glyphs on the floor and chanting incantations. And in the middle stood a figure of immense proportions, by druchii standards, but his face was still recognisable. It was the regent...
The hawk man waved his clawed hand and the flames disappeared as abruptly as they sprung up.
I’m afraid you’ve been used – as cheap tools, probes to test my defences. And the servants of the pestilent one will come and attempt to slay us all. Still it was as the great eye has foreseen it. But I ask you... what will you do now?

Meanwhile Arkath was still separated from Dhuan and cornered by the three figures. Moving forward one of the cloaked strangers swung at the trainee with his sword. Expecting this, Arkath ducked, sweeping his leg attempting to trip his opponent, while dodging the sword. His kick succeeded in knocking his opponent down, however before he could take advantage f the situation and pounce on his victim, Arkath felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder. Cursing loudly he jumped forward, realising that he left himself exposed to the other two swordsmen. However, he was no free and no longer cornered, but his shoulder was bleeding from quite a major gash, it didn’t seem to be too bad, but if he didn’t stop the bleeding, he wouldn’t last too long. With pain and urgency in his eyes he now looked as the hooded figure stood up and threw the cloak over his face. The mercenary couldn’t see too well in the hellish light, but it appeared as if the figure had no face... Suddenly he heard a massive warcry.
While the trainee went for the acrobatic approach, Dhuan did what he did best. He could not let the outnumbering enemies take the upper hand... He aggressively flung his shield in a direction of one of his assailants, whilst lunging out at the other figure. His sword strike was successfully blocked by the mysterious figure, however the ensuring brutal shieldbash directed towards his other adversary could not be blocked... The enemy flew backwards in the direction of Arkath and the others, but it didn’t quite reach him. It appears that the figure raised its sword up in surprise, so now it was quite clear that his arm was badly broken. Still what was strange was that the figure dind’t scream once, but instead just continued rolling on the floor, squirming, silently. Dhuan tried to rush towards it to finish it off, but he was suddenly blocked off by his other opponent. Still he managed to block the blows with his shield, but he was still blocked off from Arkath.

OOC: Hey guys, I will be out of touch for the next 5-6 days as I’m going to go and live in a dark age village near York with my re-enactment buddies. Its a pretty realistic experience of Viking life, so... no internet :P.
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Absinthe blinked, visibly shocked by what just unfurled, and didn't know what to say. Startled and flinched his mind was racing for an answer to give to this question but he couldn't think of anything.

I.. Don't.. Know.. Absinthe uttered back at the Tzeentchian.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Saldrimek watched the flickering flame as the picture slowly started to take shape. The picture became clearer and the minions of Nurgle were shown for what they were.

I’m afraid you’ve been used – as cheap tools, probes to test my defences. And the servants of the pestilent one will come and attempt to slay us all. Still it was as the great eye has foreseen it. But I ask you... what will you do now?

Saldrimek pondered the question in his mind. Just like Absinthe, he couldn't reach a definite conclusion or even form an answer. Breathing slowly through clenched teeth, Saldrimek looked up into the figure before them. Staring at the figure before them, Saldrimek suddenly stumbled upon an idea. Slowly turning around to Absinthe, whispering in a quiet tone in which (hopefully) only Absinthe could hear.

I think the thing which is addressing us could be just a image, nothing more. I think that Golden Eye may have something to do with the chaotic power which we feel. If you have another bolt in your crossbow, try to get another bolt off and I'll rush the eye and have a go at it. I'll try to take the psychic blast which the bird figure seems to emit when he deflects our hits and once it ends, I'll see how the will of Tzeentch stands up to the strength of Khaine.

Turning back to the figure, Saldrimek gave a small chuckle before taking a few cautious steps forward, fingers resting on the shaft of his two hander.

I can think of no answer which could leave us all happy. However, I can think of one which can satisfy a majority. Saldrimek grinned and bit down hard on his lip hooks.

If Absinthe looses off another shot, Saldrimek shall rush the figure while bracing himself for any mental blows. If he gets close enough, Saldrimek shall attempt to break the golden eye with his two handed axe.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Darkenrho
Trainee Warrior

Post by Darkenrho »

The first figure had been forced to the ground and seemed to have had its arm broken, the downed figure only flailed on the ground in silence. Odd...

Dhuan turned his attention to the second figure blocking his path. The warrior readied himself again, a wide grin on his face. Lets see how quiet you keep with a blade in your gut.... His grip strengthened on the hilt of his sword preparing to charge.

Dhuan will attack the figure directly, aiming to sever its torso and force a path between himself and Arkath.
Character:
Dhuan Lochar
Class: Warrior
Stats: WS(5) S(5) T(3) D(3) I(3)

Equipment: Long Sword (2), Shield, Light Armor, 5 Gold, 2 Throwing Daggers
Skills: Shield Bash
Kajchi
Dark Rider

Post by Kajchi »

Arkath was getting tired, very tired. He didn't even remember how many of the things he had already slain. But still there were 3 attacking him... How am I ever going to survive this? The things just don't stop! He look up at the one that had just stabbed him, the thing lifted up his hood to reveal his face, or where his face should have been... Arkath Jumped up, using all his efforts and hoping to take advantage of the hand and time it took fore the figure to take of his cloak...

Arkath will jump up towards the figure using his swords as a scissor, hoping to cut the things faceless head of of his body.
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

Absinthe snapped out of the flinching state he was in after hearing Saldrimek's whisper. He slowly nodded and his eyes went across the floor nearby for where his Crossbow resided. It took a moment to find it lying a few feet back from where he was standing. The dark iron looked slightly scorched by the flames but it could probably still be fired.

Using the bulk of the cultist's robe to cover up his movements Absinthe slowly made his way to just within jumping distance of the weapon before crouching slightly.

Ugh.. I hope this works... He thought as he prepared to do a little trick he learned as a young shade to impress his female kin.

Absinthe uses basic stealth to move back a little unnoticed before pouncing into a backflip to land hands down on his crossbow, grab it and pounce back to his feet as quickly as possible.

If this succeeds Absinthe crouches down when he hits the ground with his feet again and fires the crossbow from his knee.
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Hey guys, sorry my internet has been down for the last 6 or so days. Will make a post in the very near future once I've got uni crap sorted...
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod