Group 23

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - The death of an NPC is nothing major, just a way of proving how deadly the current location is. This was planned right from the start, and should act as a warning that I can (and will) use nature as a way of killing off anyone I feel needs to go. If you take a look at my first group, I certainly don't mind killing off players when I feel they are holding the others back or not posting properly. This is not a threat or being aimed at anyone in particular, just a general warning. Posting has definately slowed down a little lately.

IC -

With Jorin dead, and the jungle remaining unnaturally quiet, the group feared attracting attention by remaining where they now stood a moment longer. Much to the dismay of Feulan, they had no option but to press on into the jungle and leave the body of Jorin where he lay. No doubt on their return, they would not find it remained there. They walked on, Frost and Feulan giving a silent lead, all watching out for any vicious looking plants. More than once they ran into a venus trap large enough to pick a small elf off and had to move around, giving the dangerous plants a wide berth. By the time night was falling, the group were exhausted. Hours of plodding in brambles shin-high and hacking low vines made movement slow. The city was close, but at this rate would take a couple more days to reach.

They sat down in the first clear space they could find, in a leaf strewn expanse between several trees. Vines hung down around the edges, forming a makeshift tent with the tree canopy as a roof and vines as walls. It was here Frost called a halt, and ordered out watches for the night. He and Feulan would watch first, then Kalhar and Valgar, then Khelmir and Mak, and finally Zarloyth and Saffron. Two hours per watch, sleeping if possible when not on duty. After the eight hours would pass, they would move once more to the West. Everyone settled down to try and sleep as Frost took first watch with his bodyguard.
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

OOC - apologies for the late post. I have concocted an extra-long one to compensate...

IC - As they prepared to leave the site of Jorin's death, Zarloyth could sense a grim atmosphere settle upon the group that was more than just animosity between mercenaries. To lose someone so early on definitely won't help for the morale... the corsair thought. Though he was loathe to admit it even to himself, Zarloyth wasn't exactly enthusiastic about this venture into such a dangerous environment. Foes of flesh and blood he could handle, but the very land itself, that was a different matter entirely.

Still deep in thought, the corsair made up the rear of the group. He took care to watch for the bright yellow death-traps that Khelmir had called a plant. He wasn't too eager for a repetition of the scene near the Giant's Fist. In the meantime his mind was making overtime trying to wrap itself around the current situation; his father lessons were of no use now. At least one of my fellow mercenaries seems to be a serious liability, Zarloyth thought, I should probably strangulate him, but that will only make our situation more tedious. I've no doubt some of the others, Khelmir in any case, would agree with me, at the moment that idiot is more of a nuisance than an asset... Maybe I should have a "talk" with him.

Before long, even the hardy corsair was cursing the damned undergrowth, and he was glad when they finally reached a clear spot in the dense jungle landscape. Lord Frost declared they should take a rest, and Zarloyth couldn't help but agree. It had been a long day. The corsair made his bed in a somewhat soft patch of ferns, resting his head on his cloak. It took him a couple of hours to fall asleep, he vaguely registered Kalhar and Valgar taking the second watch before he slipped away into a dream...

A druchii warrior stood before him, a curved corsair's sword held ready in his left hand. Zarloyth couldn't see the warrior's face, but he felt a boiling anger inside of him. This man had to die. The corsair now looked at his own hands. They were unscarred, his right clutching a heavy double-edged blade with an ornately decorated hilt. He was wearing a keitan of rich black silk. A vague frown threw his forehead into sharp relief. What place is this? He thought. Then the warrior standing before him stepped out of the shadows. Well, what are you waiting for, you miserable wretch?! A familiar voice sneered. Soress Blackthorn’s face was contorted in an expression of demonic fury as the shadows around Zarloyth flowed away and a richly appointed courtyard snapped into view. Father and son were surrounded small crowd of assorted druchii lords and ladies. Then, without warning, Soress sprang forward like a striking viper. Zarloyth’s vision swam as the nicked blade struck him square across the shoulder. What’s this? He thought momentarily, That blow shouldn’t have… Then everything went black. The voice of his father echoed in the darkness: foolish child…

Another scene emerged from the darkness. Zarloyth was relieved to feel the familiar weight of his full plate armour on his shoulders, but shocked as he realised were he was. He stood in a tight corridor. As he looked behind him he saw three other druchii who seemed wary. He recognised one of them, but couldn’t recall his name. The corsair was startled as a cackling sound came from the hallway in front of him. He turned his head and saw a horrific dog-like chaos beast bound towards him. With a contemptuous snort Zarloyth raised the heavy bastard sword in his hand, intending to run the creature through, but suddenly it jumped high, only to be hit in the chest by a javelin flung from behind Zarloyth. His relief turned into horror, however, as the beast continued its airborne assault. Awkward in his heavy armour Zarloyth rolled forward, past the chaos-spawned daemon. He spun, carving his blade through the air in a lethal arc, only to smacked against the ground by his bestial foe’s fist. He cursed fiercely. Quickly the warrior rolled backwards, only to find the creature com at him again. Gods be damned, the beast is fast! He thought, as he was forced to the ground desperately battering his too long blade at the chaotic monstrosity. Another spear suddenly appeared in its back, however, and the creature released Zarloyth from its grip with a savage cry, spinning around to face its new attacker. Zarloyth took the opportunity and struck, but he was knocked against the wall. Cackling madly the creature came at the warrior again, but out of instinct Zarloyth raised his blade, this time running the monster through as intended. He pushed the beast off him and rose to his feet, nodding in respect to the female druchii who had saved him. But his relief was short, for the creature started moving again. Oh no, you don’t, he growled. He repeatedly bashed his sword into the creature, as another familiar voice came from behind him: Don't waste your strength Zarloyth. Try and use your weapons to pin the beasts to the floor, so if they can't die, at least they can't come after us. It was the shade, Ghost. The world faded into darkness once more.

This is were you should have died, a mocking voice whispered on the chill wind…

Suddenly he found himself on the lowest deck of the Citadel of Blissful Spite, a raging storm partially obscured the view of the shores in front of him, but to Zarloyth there was no mistaking it, Ulthuan. He looked around and saw he was surrounded by his fellow corsairs, they were all looking eagerly at the dim glittering of the host waiting on the shore, they were eager for battle, eager for blood and suffering, and Zarloyth felt with them. He could almost feel the pressure of their combined scorn for this foe, and when the trumpet sounded, he and his comrades-in-arms surged forwards with the warscreams of a thousand…

Then the darkness was back, Zarloyth was disoriented, suddenly he heard the mocking voice again. Wake up, you. Wake up!
This voice also sounded vaguely familiar. The corsair awoke with a sudden gasp, staring right into the milky eyes of Saffron, which blankly gazed back at him. Come, the other warrior said, it’s our turn to take watch. Zarloyth nodded with a wide yawn, and scurried around to find his weapons.

OOC @ soulsmith – Please do not take Zarloyth’s thoughts about Valgar personal, it’s just what my character thinks about your character, not what I think about you ;)
Name: Zarloyth Class: Warrior
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:3 I:3
Skills: Powerful Kick
Equipped: Mail Skirt, Greataxe, 2 Long Knives, Sea Dragon Cloak
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

OOC: @A fellow Dutchii; In advance please ask me if you can use my char like that okies? :P I'd approve this time but just please ask me beforehand next time okay?

IC: Annoyed by the vegetation Saffron walked on with his cloak wrapped tightly around him to prevent any barbs and such from harming him. He didn't like the jungle even though it was interesting. The moist and warm climate didn't do much good to his stamina on the travelling part. The death of Frost's guard didn't do much good to the other's morale either with it being the first death of the trip.

When Frost called it a day Saffron simply nodded and lay down where he stood. The clearing looked safe enough if the guard did it's work properly. Playing dead Saffron lay down on his back and folded his arms like he had fallen earlier and was displayed like this by his comrades. This always proved an effective tactic in the past when concerning sleeping in the wilds and it would probably work this time too if it got to that point.

Dreamless Saffron slept through the few hours he got before he was to go on the watch. Just before the watch before his was done he woke up. He was used to this happening to him.

Slowly and silently Saffron got up and gazed towards the watch before him for a moment. Then he sneaked over to Zarloyth before waking him up. "Wake up!" Saffron said still quite softly to avoid attracting unwanted attention. He saw the other druchii coming back to the dark jungle. "Come on, it's our turn to take the watch." He said as he saw Zarloyth was back to conciousness. Helping the druchii to get up he sighed slightly as he saw him scurrying around to grab all his arms.

Softly he muttered "Stupid elf.. What if this jungle had proved much more hostile then it has been so far?" as he walked over to relieve the two others that were watching over them now.
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

OOC @NoOodle: You're right, of course. Since this wasn't anything really important I assumed it would be okay, but I should've asked you first, sorry ^.^.
Inventory: Full Plate, Backpack, Cleaning Supplies, Waterskin, 3 Week's Rations, 132 gold Null Shard
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

OOC: Don't worry 'bout it :P
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

The walk was killing Kalhar, he was used to walking back an forth on a boat not walking through a dense jungle hacking at Vegetation and dodging deadly plants. Killed by a plant...interesting idea certainly more exciting then drowning He continued his walk through hacking at any plant that looked suspicions

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kalhar fell asleep as soon as he lay down on the ground. His dreams were vivid but he couldn't remember much when Frost woke him. His eyes were heavy and limbs hurt but he decided to he needed to start his guard shift. He sat his back to fire so his night vision wouldn't be ruined, he heard he quiet breathing of the others as they slept or relaxed. He looked over his shoulder and saw Valgar ...He is a maniac but his Close quarter combat skills are formidable...so why do the other hate him...oh well not my problem Kalhar continued his watch until he was relived by the next, then Kalhar went back to sleep
Name Kalhar
Weapon Skill: 4
Strength:3
Toughness:4
Dexterity:4
Intelligence: 3

Equipment: dwarf skin Kheitan, a good sword, Old Shield, small bag, cleaning supplies, flask, cold one lotion, 2 herbs 1 Combat dagger 1 tool dagger 4 weeks rations Gold 136
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

OOC: Back from scotland now, was i succesful in coating my weapons and bolts in the plant's poison?

Indeed you were. You said you coated them, I didn't really need to confirm it. Just wait until a fight to see if it helped ;)

Mak's arm was sore and tight. Wielding a short sword, it made an ideal tool to clear the vegetation, but at the cost of his own endurance. He massaged it as he gazed at the fire. It had been a long time since he had a real moment to reflect. He thought about how far he was from he old life now. How rapidly things change... He thought to himself.

He looked around. The bunch was a typical druchii set, much as what he had seen in his life, grouped together in this band of misfits. His initial impressions were proving to be correct. He didn't care really, let them fight for internal struggles of power. He was to busy figuring out what he was going to be doing tomorrow.

He took a look at his gear and made sure it was a in a secure but readily available place, knowing he had middle shift he knew he would need as much sleep as he could get as he would feel least rested as the others tomorrow. With that he quickly finished his meal and rested his head against his pack, drifting off to a welcoming sleep...
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

Valgar slithered through the jungle, hacking smoothly at first, but viciously as the thick vegetation simply enraged him. It was evident his personality disturbed some of the others. 'If they choose to distance themselves from me, then they re foolish. May Khaine pity their wretched souls.' he thought, his twisted smile rarely leaving his face.

As the rest of the party settled to sleep, Valgar approached a small mound. It was a dirty brown, covered in jungle moss and vegetation. He was certain something slithered away as he settled down upon it. It was harder than he expected, and he turned, looking at it. Poking it once with his spear, a sharp metallic sound rang through the jungle. His mouth twisted into a curious sneer, and he leaned his weapon against it, before tearing away the smaller plants, careful to check for barbs. Grey stone appeared, and he continued, the moss shifting, revealing more. It was carved in the shape of a serpent, a small shape on the otherwise unremarkable rock. 'Interesting, I wonder if the inhabitants of this place made this?' he wondered, before grabbing a piece of the clay-like soil and marking it onto his arm. The rest of his watch was uneventful. As he woke the others with a nudge and a quick word, he laid down and slept, sound, dreamless.

OOC Dont worry Suneater, I never take it personally. But if anyone tries to bump me off (except Kinslayer within reason) then I won't simply roll over.
Last edited by Soulsmith on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forging souls anew....

Name : Ildren Vrak'nair
Height and Weight : 5'11, 85kg
Character Age : 164
Class: Warrior
(WS): 4
(S): 4
(T): 3
(D): 3
(I): 4
EQUIPMENT
Warrior: Long Sword, Shield, Light Armour.
SKILLS
None
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Suneater: blooming heck, don't forget I have to read these replies! ;)

IC -

The pairs took it in turns for watch, Frost and Feulan submitting to sleep as soon as their shift was over, and remaining so until the final shift ended. Everyone sleeping was awoken, and no sooner than they had arrived, the group was ready to move on. Towards the ancient ruined city once more, in this distant and dangerous land. And all for some trinked Lord Frost is after. It really must be worth something to go through all this for it.

Hack. Slash. Step. Hack. Step. Slash. Climb. Slash. Hack.

The journey was monotonous, the terrain relentless and unkind. The group were so caught up in the constant hacking through the heavy plants, taking it in turns to chop away at the fore while the others walked along the corridor formed by the forman. Then, they all stopped. All at once, all looking to one another with mixed expressions and mixed feelings. They had all heard it, a low and bestial growl very close by. Then, as they listened, footsteps. Many small footsteps.

As soon as the others realised they had stopped, the footsteps too stopped. Then there was silence.
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Zarloyth gazed around, warily, suppressing the urge to curse. The others looked worried too. We're being followed, no, stalked is a better word. Zarloyth could't tell for sure where the footsteps had come from, but whomever, or whatever, they belonged to obviously knew where the mercenaries were. It made Zarloyth both uneasy and infuriated. Mentally the corsair battered his mind back in line, there had to be something they could do.

Did anyone hear where it came from? he asked in a slightly hushed, conversational tone, whilst subtly inclining his head to urge his fellows to move on as if nothing had happened. They already know where we are, there's no need to let them know that we know they're following us, too. Let's just hope the others will play along. Zarloyth took point, and furthered the path they had carved into the jungle with his axe, in the meantime straining his ears to detect the footsteps of the little stalkers.
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

Kalhar jumped up a little when he heard the feet. Being stalked, very bad ...also a very unlikely position for an Druchii to be in his heart hammered in his heart and Kalhar attempts to humor himself were failing. He looked around the attack could come from any direction; Kalhar just hoped that if the ambusher decided to strike it would be the others and not him. Zarloyth began to walk forward but Kalhar sensed that others in the group may want to stay and fight. By the sound of the amount of the tiny feet there were many of them. Kalhar debated in his head for the best course of action. He reached the conclusion of moving ahead with Zarloyth would make sense as a moving target would be harder to hit. Kalhar advances his senses clouded with Paranoia and his eyes jumping from object to object looking for an attacker,
Name Kalhar

Equipment: dwarf skin Kheitan, a good sword, Old Shield, small bag, cleaning supplies, flask, cold one lotion, 2 herbs 1 Combat dagger 1 tool dagger 4 weeks rations Gold 136
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Mak heard the rustling about. There were all kinds of creatures lurking in these jungles. He knew the large majority of them weren't friendly from the tiniest spider to worse. It didn't matter what it was though, dead was dead, no matter the size.

He kept pace with the others but dog eyed the area around. Gripping his handbow in one hand and his sword in the other, he made ready to return and attack that might be eminent. How long he could stay at such a heightened state, Khaine only knew...
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Yogurtman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yogurtman »

Khelmir heard the footsteps and grinned. Not on the outside, such a display of emotion would not do at all, but on the inside. It was time for the real test. Or at least the preliminary one. He was certain this time, for he knew that there were no plants in this jungle that could walk... or at least most of them couldn't, and he would have seen the ones that could by now.

In any case, he thought it best to prepare for an imminent attack. Khelmir settles into his previous stance, with his cloak hanging loosely and making himself as small a target as possible.

Without taking his eyes off the woods around him he said in a voice neither loud nor quiet Spread out and make your bodies small targets. Keep moving at a quick pace, take cover where possible, but never take your eyes off the jungle. And don't bother talking quietly. They can't understand our tongue and probably already know they've been noticed.

That is if they are of the more intelligent breed.

In the future I would recommend not stopping when you believe we are being stalked. If anything would alert our enemies to our knowledge of their presence, it would be that. Give verbal warning, but avoid gestures.

Khelmir loathed fighting. He was prepared for it, and even capable of holding his own. But having others do the fighting in one's own place alleviated most of the risks to personal well-being in most strategies. And personal well-being was a very high priority for Khelmir.

Ah well, one makes do with what one has.
Khelmir WS-4, S-3, T-2, D-4, I-5
Equipment- Longsword, Light Spear, Handbow, Shield, Light Armour, (Aesthetic) Cloak, Water-proof bag (containing a pestle and mortar, a journal, and writing supplies)
Gold-285
Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Without halting Zarloyth glanced sideways at Khelmir, He's got some sense, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with him... When Zarloyth spoke his voice was quite soft: Are you daft, boy? Or has the heat clouded your mind? These "stalkers" of ours aren't the only threat we should concern ourselves with, there's other beasties in this damned jungle who hear better than we do. It's better to keep our voices low at all times, even if no danger is evident. Still, what you say makes sense in more ways than one. The corsair turned his head, Be ready for a fight, we should confront these bastards in the first clearing.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC -

The time has come, I am afraid, for me to sort out this group. After a number of warnings and whatnot, I still feel not everyone is pulling their weight in the group and putting in the effort it deserves. I've spent a few days rereading the group and concentrating on who did what thus far, and as a result am killing off two players and keeping four alive. This should help the group run smoothly, and in time perhaps new members can be added to the number of survivors if they show the enthusiasm of the 4 staying on.

It may seem like this is a big & bad move, but I can not single one individual out for causing the group to slow down so much, and some of you often give long detailed posts while others scrape by with the bare minimum. For those who are going, not much I can say really, apart from thankyou for what you gave to the group and feel free to post your characters back in the Creation Pool. I shall leave the characters in the Groups thread for a while in case you wish to copy them across, after which time they shall be removed.

Hey, at least you will go out of the group in style!

IC -

Despite the efforts of Zarloyth and others, trying to keep moving and pretend they had not noticed their persuers, the enemy knew they had been realised. In what could only be described as a burst of motion, the ambush on the group was launched. It was them, the guardians of the ancient cities, the distant and legendary race that most of the group had only heard stories about: Lizardmen. On both sides of the group the jungle swarmed into life as small skinks leaped from hiding, perhaps a dozen to either side of the group. As if that was not bad enough, a deep bestial growl resounded as something tall and massive approached the group from behind, carrying with is a massive stone club.

The skinks attacked at once, throwing spears of firing blowpipes at the group, who all dropped or dodged for cover, shouting curses to all they could think of as they realised they were probably going to die here. Even Frost, a warrior and a noble of the proud Druchii race, seemed to cower in fear as he looked at the massive Kroxigor. The skinks blowpipes had little effect, bouncing off armour or whistling past as the Druchii moved around. The javelins, however, were made of sterner stuff. One such weapon punched through the chest of Mak, despite his efforts to dodge the blow, and he fell to his knees staring down at the shaft of the weapon. Before he could do much more, a skink had leaped onto his fallen body and tore out his throat.

As the Druchii leaped into motion, taking the fight to the jungle lizards before they were all picked off, the mighty Kroxigor lumbered forwards at Feulan, Frost and Kalhar. The three were seperated by the beast as it circled them, and then combat was joined. Khelmir, Valgar, Saffron and Zarloyth were left facing the skinks, which wasted no time in surrounding them. Diving in amongst them, the Druchii started cutting away at the little critters, though not without cost. Zarloyth smashed the head of a skink into paste with his boot, just as Khelmir opened up the stomach of another. Valgar was cutting two skinks apart at the same time with his blades. Saffron went crazy, grabbing a skink around the neck and throttling it to the ground with his bare hands whilst howling madly.

Meanwhile, Frost tried to get the attention of the Kroxigor while the others slashed at it from the sides. At first, this tactic had been working wonders, and the beast bled from many deep cuts. It seemed the Kroxigor had caught on to the idea though, and just as Kalhar jumped forwards to strike the beast another deadly blow, it span and slammed its club into his face with the force of a mountain falling. Frost and Feulan both seized the oppertunity to attack the beast from behind, even as Kalhar fell to the floor, his head now nothing but a bloody ruin. The Kroxigor was hamstrung from behind, and then brought low by repeated stabs to the face and neck. It died just in time for Frost and Feulan to see the other four surviviors encircled by the speedy skinks. They started to rush over, ready to help.

OOC - I also feel I should mention at this point, I feel it is important for the group mod to 'get to know' the players in the group. It adds a lot of depth to the story and dramatically changes what he/she can do with the group. The players I kept on I feel I am getting to know what their characters are like, whereas with the others this was not as such.
Mercenary_q
Trainee Warrior

Post by Mercenary_q »

OOC: At least i died in a cool way ^^. Anyway it was fun and thanks for the fun RPg ness maybe we can RPG again some other time. It was an honor gentlemen later =)
Name Kalhar

Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

OOC - See ya around, mate ^.^

IC - Zarloyth snarled a whole series of, mostly nonexistent, curses as he thrashed about in the thick of the melee. So much for killing them off in open ground, he thought bitterly. In the meantime he was still getting to grips with the way these little reptilian creatures fought. They weren't tough, that much was certain, but the little creatures sure made up for their lack in physical strength and resilience with sheer speed and agility.

Adding to his handicap in this fight, was that Zarloyth, a swordsman by training, had been unable to familiarize himself properly with the weight of his new battleaxe yet. It had been an impulsive purchase, he now realised. The axe was a weapon far more cumbersome than the blade, which could be wielded with uncanny precision. But suddenly, just as the Kroxigor smashed Kalhar's head to goo it came to him. Let go of restraints, he thought, the axe is a primal weapon, I should give in to rage and let the axe do the work.

With a terrible warcry Zarloyth heaved the weapon high, and let it come down with terrible force. The corsair got caught in the momentum of the axe's heavy blade, and harnessed this momentum into a whirling assault, turning him into something akin to a living wrecking ball. His cold rage was focussed upon the lizardmen, every fibre of his being bent upon destroying them in a swift and efficient manner, with every sweeping blow he sought to dismember, to disembowel, to kill.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

OOC: Well, that's disappointing, I was really enjoying the group. Didn't at all suspect I was one of the ones on the short list...

You also have 2 signature profiles, and it is a limit of one group per player, so...
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

OOC Phew, thought I was a gonna. Shame guys, hope I cya round. Also got round to updatng my sig with all my current equipment.

Valgar snarled, his breathing haggard as the skinks tried to dart away from his blows. 'Too bloody fast!' he thought as he thrust his spear out, missing one but managing to spin and taking another in the head with its hard wooden shaft. It was sent to ground, and before it could react he jumped onto it, slashing its throat and continuing onto another. He thrust again, and it too dodged, his spear thunking through a tree trunk. He yanked, but could not free the weapon.

Anger flared up in him as the skink thrust it's own javelin at his exposed flank. He only just managed to escape the poisoned blade, gripping the small black shaft, noting how the stone was strangely cool. He pulled, throwing the small blue critter off balance, before his short sword burst in a bloody spray from its back.

He turned just in time to see Kalhar's face turned into bloody pulp. The beast which had brought him low now saw him and the other four fighting the smaller blue creatures. Valgar readied himself, only just reacting in time to dive onto the muddy leaf litter as a dart flew over him. He rolled to the side, tripping another skink. His short sword was thrown from him as the skink went wild, scrabbling all over him. It took all his energy to avoid its claws, and it brought his face up to his, snapping with viciously sharp little teeth, going for the throat. Valgar roared, grasping its strange crest and yanking its head up, the jaw still snapping. He did just as it was going to, biting deep into its tough blue flesh with his sharpened teeth. As it rolled off, pumping him in its blood, he grabbed his blade, spotting his spear still imbedded in the tree opposite him now.
Forging souls anew....

EQUIPMENT
SKILLS
None
Yogurtman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yogurtman »

OOC: Sorry I'm late. Yesterday was very hectic and busy. My apologies.

Deftly evading the blows of the small creatures ("skinks", as they were commonly known), Khelmir was attempting to stay in close proximity to his allies, knowing that when facing such a numerous foe coherency was key to victory. The first step of the battle had been completed with relative success: the charge had been weathered, and with only a single casualty in the fallen elf, Mak...

Two skinks came at Khelmir from the front. Both held spears and thrust them in unison. Khelmir turned his body parallel to the spear's trajectory and side-stepped the attack. Holding his sword up beside his head with the tip pointing at the nearest skink, he lunged at the beast's throat. As soon as steel met flesh Khelmir slashed outwards with his right arm, severing the skink's head from its shoulders. Before the other could ready itself Khelmir rushed forward and cut upward with his sword, slicing open the creature's belly.

...They were now in the skirmish step, the most chaotic part of the battle where orders and objectives tended to be vaguely defined. If the entire group could reform and create a coherent formation than their victory against these skinks, who thrived on the chaos of the skirmish, would be assured. This task was made significantly more difficult by the presence of the much larger beast (cataloged as a "Kroxigor") and the death of another ally, Kalhar.

Nothing could be done for Kalhar, but if the kroxigor could be stopped then there was hope yet for a victory.

The key to dealing with beasts of greater brawn and resilience is the use of trickery and tactics...

Another skink came at Khelmir. The elf dodged its first blow, was nearly beheaded by the second. The strength of the second blow, however, left the small reptile off-guard and Khelmir saw his opportunity to strike. He promptly did so.

They may be familiar with this jungle, more familiar than any other race of people, perhaps. But they are not its masters and its perilous terrain can be used against them. It is, as all things are, a matter of planning. The mind can solve all problems, and that which it can not are either too obscure or too base to be worth solving oneself.

Khelmir began to recall images of the past: countless reptilian creatures swarmed through a jungle much like this one and were met by a force of Druchii significantly smaller. The fighting was fierce and the battle did not seem to bode well for the invading elves. Then the shape of their formations began to change and they slowly started to fall back. The so-called "lizardmen" pushed their advantage, certain of their impending victory. But they soon found themselves mired in deep pools of mud which the Druchii had ground themselves in. Chaos ensued, but this time fortune favored the Druchii.

Standing just outside the chaos was a trio of figures, all coolly observant. On the left was an elf who, with the stance of a veteran commander, occasionally barked out orders to lesser officers. To the right was a woman of subtle beauty and piercing eyes, eyes that constantly searched for any possible threat to the trio. And in the center was an elf in whose cold, calculating eyes one could see a sense of satisfaction. But it was a dull satisfaction, for what was one more small victory in the belt of a master?

Now is no time for reminiscing. Khelmir said under his breath, chastising himself. But then, I suppose the past has its place in situations such as these.

Khelmir will look for any nearby terrain to which the kroxigor can be lured and trapped or hindered. He will look especially for any extremely wet pieces of ground.
Equipment- Longsword, Light Spear, Handbow, Shield, Light Armour, (Aesthetic) Cloak, Water-proof bag (containing a pestle and mortar, a journal, and writing supplies)
Gold-285
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - There was only one Kroxigor, which Frost and Feulan managed to kill from behind after it killed Kalhar. The pair were just running over to help you four, who are surrounded by skinks, at the end of my last mod post.

Also remember, you can control your own actions only, not the outcome of them. So you can attempt to slash at a skink but can not say you kil it. I shall let the above mistakes pass since more than one of you made them, but keep it mind next time please.

IC -

Just as Frost and Feulan rejoined the fight with the skinks (which now numbered perhaps twelve still standing) the other four, Saffron, Khelmir, Valgar and Zarloyth, came back to back in a sea of small blue bodies. The skinks ran around them, darting in with javelins from unexpected angles and then ducking or retreating out of striking range again. A couple circled from even further away, throwing javelins or firing blowpipes rather than engaging in close combat. Fortunately, they did not seem aware of Frost and Feulan approaching from behind.

The pair hit the skinks from behind and killed a couple instantly, they dove amongst the others. This interrupted the skinks method for a moment, giving the other four the chance they needed to break out of the cirlce. They came together with Frost and Feulan, forming a solid wall with their backs to some trees. The last nine or ten skinks barely had a chance as the line surged forwards, the Druchii showing the Lustrians that they were not here to die, but to succeed.

A skink with a small spear and shield leaped at Khelmir, raising its shield in an attempt to block whilst lunging with the no-doubt poisoned weapon. A second jumped at Zarloyth with two small blades drawn, spinning them around in an unusual manner which made them hard to follow. Another charged Valgar with a spear held in a two handed grip, running to impale him. The one which singled out Saffron was holding a small club and javelin, and came forwards swinging its club.

Suneater
Dark Rider

Post by Suneater »

Zarloyth grinned his cold grin as the Lustrian warrior opposing him twisted its small blades while jumping for the attack. The corsair had heard that the smaller lizardmen were supposed to be the smarter ones, If that really IS the case, then I wonder how stupid the dull ones must be... Zarloyth knew he had the advantage of reach, and he also knew that his scaly opponent couldn't change its attack trajectory now that it was airborne, so he ignored the lizardman's confusingly spinning blades and attacked with a vicious downward blow of his axe, intending to catch the creature in mid-air where it could do little to defend itself.
Yogurtman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Yogurtman »

Blast. To reverse the apparent outcome of this battle we must end these pointless skirmishes and make ranks against these vermin. Looking closely at his new opponent, Khelmir contemplated upon how to deal with this new problem. A shield and short spear are optimal for defensive fighting, I must be cautious not to over-extend... Having greater size and strength puts me at an advantage should we both assume a similar battle tactic. Very well, I too shall take to the defensive.

The soft ground beneath his feet making him somewhat unsure of his footing, Khelmir decided that it would be best to take a stand against his smaller opponent. Digging his feet into the mud so as to have stability, while retaining the ability to move himself if necessary, Khelmir prepares to parry his foe's spear by stepping in towards the skink and knocking its spear outwards. Once in this position he will attempt to thrust his sword past the shield and into the middle of the skink's body.
Gold-285
Nooodle
Corsair

Post by Nooodle »

OOC: Sorry for the delay... >_<

IC: Saffron plowed through the jungle along with the others. The dense vegetation and the fact that they constantly had to watch out for the nasty yellow flowers and other hostile jungle inhabitants made progress slow. Sooner rather than later they found out they were being tailed.

When the collision between them ensued Khaine took over in Saffron's mind. Oblivious to all other things happening around him Saffron went for the nearest Skink. Ready to tear it apart limp by limp and smash it into the ground.

Whilst howling to Khaine Saffron smashed the skink in the ground and only barely managed to refrain himself from going fangs first at the next knowing it might be poisonous.

Saffron reached back and swung his blade around to gain momentum. With a small leap he was in position to strike down upon his next foe with all the momentum gained by the swing.

Saffron pulls out his bastard sword and swings it around to slash it into the nearest skink with full force.
Soulsmith
Dark Rider

Post by Soulsmith »

Valgar snarled as the group formed their line. Roaring to Khaine, he charged the skinks with the others, his spear low and his sword high. His blood was up, and his frenzied actions were completely to quench Khaine's thirst.

His feet pounded over the soft, muddy leaf litter of the jungle floor, and the skink ahead of him had its small spear in both hands held low, to thrust high.

He spied that he was ahead of the others, and thrust his spear forward in his left hand at the small creatures head, whilst sidestepping and brought his sword up high, to slice down vertically.

Valgar will attempt to side step whilst thrusting at his skink, and then slash his sword down onto its spear.
Forging souls anew....

EQUIPMENT
SKILLS
None