Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Just a note on the commander. He will sow your mouth shut :lol:
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

You might want to let the Commander know I'll remove them shortly afterwards. =]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: are you trying to get yourself kill or something T'keela?

...Taken from game thread.

Maybe...:O Not really I'm just curious as to whether I can push "The Commander" into killing me or not haha. Would make for interesting RPGing would it not? =] 'Course this doesn't mean that I want Cananatra to kill me simply for the sake of seeing if the "Commander" would kill me.=P
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Has anyone ever told you that your crazy, because you are :lol: .
p.s.Casts summon Cananatra.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

No Tequila and nachos make T'Keela go...something something...

IC: T'Keela attempts to use the Sacrifical Dagger on Zephien as well as trying for PoD on a 1d6 to try and help Silas cast Summon Cananatra.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Hmmm, I think the last thing our beloved GM said was, my next response will be on sunday no matter what. That was a week ago. Really Cananatra if you are away for a while, warn us a bit. I've been checking up hte topic twice every day just in the hopes of something happening. I don't mind waiting but being ill-informed is a bit annoying.

Loving it when you do post though ;)
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Ye I kinda...um...forgot all about it. :roll:
I got an email saying I had a new PM (silas) and that reminded me. College is mad coming to the end of the year. I'll try not to disappear on you all again. :)
The commander is something of a nutjob, so goading him wouldnt be good for your health. I tend to kill off characters in my own stories so when running the rpg I keep having to remind myself I cant when i want to give a bit of a surprise.

And manwe.....the new post was up Thursday. Did you look or just see my name wasnt there and guessed no post? :lol:

Well now you have a couple of doggys to fight. 8)
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

You're right there Cananatra, I just checked, saw 4 pages and Drainial posted last so I figured nothing's changed.
I guess study catches up on the best of us sometimes, no problem mate. Love the new post by the way, warpstone all the way!

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

A quick question before I post, how firmly is the warpstone atached to there heads?
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

The commander is something of a nutjob, so goading him wouldnt be good for your health. I tend to kill off characters in my own stories so when running the rpg I keep having to remind myself I cant when i want to give a bit of a surprise.

Haha you can try to kill me off! However I'll just come back with a new, bigger and better character MAUHAHAH! Oh it just hit me then that I keep asking for the Commanders name and he is actually COMMANDER VARRIS,so I'll stop asking for his name now... Maybe.

EDIT: Ok before I post I wanted to clear up two things:

1)When you say clearing is it like in the middle of a forest or just in the middle of like scrubland or something?
2)I forgot I'll edit it back in later, unless it's too late. Then I won't worry! =]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

51la5: Inset into the skull. Meaning a stone shape hole was cut from the skull and it was slotted in.

T'keele: I was thinking scrubland on the edge of a forest, but not in the forest yet. Thats why I made no mention of trees.

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Okkies thanks for the reply I was gonna say T'Keela dived into the woods... but that won't work now haha. Posting ASAP!
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

Guys! You're characters have to understand this...She can't control herself! I'm following the frenzy rules here which you can read for yourself. She has no fear! No control! Once it sets in that is it!

And as side note: Stop fighting like humans! Fight like druchii!
Group 25 Moderator

Group24: Zephien K'lieth
WS: 4 S: 3 T: 2 D: 4 I: 5
EQ: Long Sword, Short Sword, Dagger and Two Throwing Axes.
SK: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy.
Gold: 80

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Oh I know she can't, but Ki'lia doesn't. :D . She is basicly a teenager, talanted and bright but very inexperianced if not in any way innocent. Besides, she doesn't like Zephian (although I personaly enjoy the charactor).

And what do you meen by fight like Druchii? Charge in madly cackleing like the three whitches on speed? If you have several missile weapons at your disposal and know full well what the dogs are likely to do (ie charge) it makes far more sense to shoot them and then finish them with blades when they reach you leting them over extend them selves. Breaking up negates our two advantages, numbers and missile weapons. If a single lightly armourd elf tries to attack a five foot high hound they would be lucky to have any arms left within a few minuets because you will only scratch it and if it gets hold of you thats the end of you. There is a reason to Romans beat the Celts, and the celts used dogs too.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Maybe we should get the woman to dance naked around a bonfire so the dogs get distracted then Khaleth, Silas and myself can jump the dogs while they're lulled into a false sense of security by the sensual movements of your hips?
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Actualy you have it wrong Marious. You have no control over uncontrollable frenzy, I do. You only gain control of it once you get normal frenzy.

And you dont have time to build a fire :P
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

Roman's fought entirely differently than druchii. To use Roman tactics for druchii is just plain not that intelligent. They are two entirely different kinds of forces. Legionnaires were the staple of the Roman military. Druchii have guys forming a cheap phalanx. You can't apply those kind of stoic tactics with such a diverse army.

And the Celts actually sacked Rome lol Gauls however were a different story.

And I'm not saying they all charge like Zephien, I'm saying they spread out and surround the dogs. Because if even one charges at their formation, it doesn't even have to bite at Khaleth, it just has to run into him and the groups screwed. I mean a siberian tiger, which is a little more than half the height of these dogs weighs on average, 300lbs. So these things probably weigh what? 500lbs? Doesn't matter how tough you are, you ain't stopping something that big.

Surrounding and picking these things apart with hits and retreats is the only way to kill them. At least with the information we got, in my opinion anyway.
Group 25 Moderator

I'm a killer. I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences, to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

I say we let Zephien charge in, get eaten then while the dogs are chomping down we go pew pew with our puny weapons and finish them off. Thats heaps more Druchii if you ask me!=]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Just to remind you guys, these are giant ZOMBIE hounds. So dont think theyre just big dogs.

As for tactics. Druchii dont use a phalanx, warriors may use a spear wall but that isnt a phalanx. Also, the romans use of massed infantry was far more flexible then the phalanx. Though I'd say druchii would use a wide variety of tactics depending on what is effective at the time.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Besides which the celts did not sack Rome, they rebeled and sacked Colchester and London but they never got near Rome unless bound in Chains. Vercingetorix was far more succesful though obviously he still lost. The tribes that Sacked Rome were largly Germanic, some from modern Day Sweeden too.

As for the dogs, a situation like this needs to be treated like a hunt, not a battle. And if they have allready found us and the prey are this dangerus there is only one comparion and thats hunting wild boar. Want to know how you bring one of those home on a spit? It has a lot to do with what I and Manwe are advising. I realise that doing that is not possible for someone with Frenzy but it is still the best aproach.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Marious
Corsair

Post by Marious »

390BC Celts sacked Rome! Republic Rome yes, but still Rome! They were quite powerful then as well.

These dogs are a lot bigger than any boar anyone has ever come against. You might as well try and stand up to a charge from a rhino. No human, never mind limber elves could stand up to that.

But this is a fictional world with frankly, unrealistic rules. It's one of the perks of being writers...Things don't have to be accurate :mrgreen:

So however Cananatra plays this out, is how it is gunna be. No matter what either of us have to say on the subject.
Group 25 Moderator

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

They were a single city state, they made Belgium look powerful then, they had not yet decided to expand, indeed it was that sacking which more or less started of the Romans' lust for empire, to stop the same thing ever hapening again.

The fact remains that scatering before a charge is the worst thing you can do.

Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Boys I don't really like the way this is going, its taking over a week to get a single round of posting done. I remember we filled the first 2 pages within days. Not that that his what we need, but a little enthousiasm would be nice. Been checking this forum every day possible since we started and the rate has dropped considerably. Please try and at least check the RP once every 3 days or so. This way we could keep 2 rounds a week, which is considerably faster than what we're doing now.

I love your posts, I'd just like to see more of 'm.

Cheers,
Manwë

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

I have to agree with ya bro to a degree. But at the same time in Australia we're coming up to exams/assignment due dates so everyone's probably got a million things they should be doing rather than having fun. But Manwe in the meantime you should get involved in things like Kinslayer's shadow arenas...consider it the appetiser to your maincourse. =]
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Any one who reads this will almost certainly have read and posted on the actual group, so moaning here is unlikly to hurry anyone along.

Yes there are exams and such, I certainly have them aplenty, but it takes about five minuets to check and post on the thing, no excuse. Still as I said, no use moaning.

Gentleman of Moderation