Group 24

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

OOC:200th post, only 1600 and a bit behind group 22. :D

Ki'lia smiled softly to herself as Varis acknowledged her right to strip the corpses of even their fallen comrades,
Well, it’s a cold hard world out there, not quite as cold with this cloak though. Good workmanship.

Not that she had much time to appreciate silver linings, as the odd looking lurker screamed her last few breaths blockading the door a strange and foul beast forced its way through the gap. Ki'lia had never seen such degenerate creatures before, they may have been elves once, or perhaps humans
Yes, more likely humans, that sloping brow... unfortunately its ears seemed to have been nibbled by particularly hungry mice making identification much more difficult. Even as she considered this however instinct took control and she launched a shower of bolts into the thing's chest. With all of the missile weapons they had at their disposal the man beast soon resembled nothing so much as a demonic pincushion.

Unfortunately it did not appear that the ghoulish beast had come alone and even as the first squealed its death agonies pinned to the table three more forced their way in. Ki'lia hesitated this time no more than the last, reacting before they could make their way in and engage the mercenaries in a swirling melee rendering missile weapons a liability Ki'lia fired at the right most creature.
So long as we can keep them bottled up at the door we should be fine, She said, voice projecting confidence she did not entirely feel. Nothing was ever quite the way it seemed with this necromancer, nothing was ever easy.

Ki'lia will concentrate her fire on ghoul number three, firing to the right of Varis, shifting position slightly if she has to in order to get a clear shot. She hopes to use missile weapons for as long as possible to keep them bottled at the door, however if they get through and into a melee with Varis and Khaleth (as I suppose they probably will eventually, especially if they come through the windows) she will drop the crossbow once again in favour of her sword and shield.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

"You're a crackshot or so it seems, however if you have no objections I would be pleased to see your sword and shield next to me, blocking this door. If you don't mind pass the crossbow to Izzyra if she will take it and join me at the forefront."

Khaleth smirked at these words, he hadn't used a proper crossbow since his old world days and he was never any good with it. Nor was it his weapon of choice, preferring a nice and bloody melee over anything. To see the eyes of your victim before you mercilessly cut him down. To see despair and panic enter those eyes as your sword cuts its way through armour, skin, tissue and eventually bones.

Not with these ones though he thought to himself after seeing what happened to the unknown shade. Wether it was poison or magic he didn't know but it sure made a mess. Some defensive fighting is required I see. was his thought after he saw the shade literally wither up and die.

Quickly he moved towards the seemingly recovered Izzyra, giving her a comforting look and in the same motion his crossbow. Use this, it won't drain your strenght as much as melee. We'll try and keep them off. he spoke while already turning back towards the door.

Seeing how Ki'lia was taking aim at the right Ghoul he moved immediately back to the wall just to the left of the right window and engaged the right Ghoul from there. Trying hard not to enter the crossfire thrown up by Ki'lia and most likely soon Izzyra.

Ki'lia, Izzyra, shoot anything that comes through the window at my back! I can't fight two ways. You woman! Cover the other window. Varris, move a bit more to the left so the ladies have a clear shot at whatever is pressing in.

Shouting this in his normal emotionless one he moved in towards the rightmost Ghoul. Expecting no quarter he wasn't going to give any. Still he had to be carefull, the slightest touch from these creatures could be lethal and his ribs weren't healed still.

Khaleth will step to the right of the door, stand close to the wall, but still far away enough to get a hit or two on anything trying to get through to Ki'lia and Izzyra. He will shout orders so that he and Varris both cover one side of the door and Ki'lia at least can fire at the centre of the doorway. Not fully blocking it. He relies on the ladies in the back fully to protect his side/rear from any attackers coming through the windows. He will fight defensively, not risking any injury from these beast. All his hits are aimed towards decapitating the creatures, although this might be difficult with his broken ribs and all.
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I have a job again, well thats nice to know although from the look of it it is no safer than my last. Eager to show her new employer her true worth she quickly followed his commands and moved to her right in an effort to get a clear shot at the door. Alert as she was the first creature through the doorway managed to tear the throat from one Druchii before she opened fire with both handbows. She felt great satisfaction as the bolts thudded home followed by surprise as her bolts where followed by several larger crossbow shots. Turning she saw that several other members of the group were armed with repeater crossbows . It seemed they might be abe to keep these ghouls at arms length. By the time she turned back to the doorway another three creatures had forced their way inside.

However it was not the ghouls which occupied her immeadiate attention, out of the corner of her eye she had spotted a window. How long untill they start coming through that? she wondered. Her intial confidence was fading, replaced by determination to survive. Deciding not to worry about the window for now she sidestepped to the right to gain a clearer shot at the ghouls in the doorway. Taking one of the pistols in a steady double handed grip she fired a couple of bolts a the closest ghoul.

Diana will move opposite to the window and then take up one of her handbows in a two handed grip and fire at ghoul number one. She will then keep firing at the ghouls which come through the doorway with a single handbow. If any should appear in the window she will return to using both handbows at once to try and prevent them gaining access to the room.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Just as Izzyra was beginning to feel a bit better, a gruesome scene which eerily resembled her visions shocked her to the core. Fighting elves was one thing, and even those zombies she'd seen were basically just undead elves, so they were still similar in a way, but these 'ghouls' as Varris had called them were something else entirely. They shared no resemblance with elves, humans or any other race that Izzyra knew of, so she couldn't even tell if the necromancer had created them from scratch or if they were mutated from something else.

She froze completely as the creature who'd just slain one of the Druchii women stared right at her, blood splattered all over its face and dripping from its chin. Her first instinct was to run or hide somewhere, but her legs suddenly felt so shaky that it didn't even seem like a possibility. Regardless, she wasn't going to abandon her allies, no matter how terrified she may be, she just couldn't bring herself to do such a thing. Especially since Khaleth in particular had been quite supportive of her so far, Izzyra didn't want to let him down now. Tearing her gaze away from the hideous ghoul, she turned her head just in time to see Khaleth handing her a crossbow which she gladly accepted. He seemed to be making a conscious effort to reassure her by the way he spoke and looked at her, and while she appreciated the thought, it would probably take a heavy dose of sedatives to calm her nerves by that point. "Ok, got it.", she muttered back to Khaleth, giving a slight nod of acknowledgment to his orders.

Izzyra unconsciously fiddled with the crossbow, nervously placing her hands on it in different positions until finally finding one that seemed comfortable to her. Her experience with ranged weapons in general was pretty limited, but she'd had at least a bit of training with the notorious repeater crossbow, so she wasn't totally clueless. Checking that the bolt cartridge still had ammo, she noticed that Khaleth had loaded a new one before passing it over to her, so she had a good amount of shots. Not wanting anything to do with the monstrous ghouls, Izzyra placed herself as far away from them and from the window as she could while still maintaining line of sight on the latter. Taking a deep breath, she aimed the weapon and tried to mentally prepare herself to face these horrifying new foes.

Izzyra will move as far from the ghouls and the windows as possible, while still being able to shoot at the window behind Khaleth. She'll focus on that window particularly, shooting anything that tries to enter from it, but will also stay on her toes in case anything unexpected happens.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Low grouls emanating from their throats, the ghouls began to edge forwards towards both Khaleth and Varris. The air was cold and fear spread from the group of ghouls, more concentrated and slowly rippling out from where the hunched bodies of the ghouls stood. Clawed hands smashed through the windows and began raking claws across the window sill, attempting to gain a hand hold and surround the heroes.

Ki'lia: Survival instincts kicked in and Ki'lia found herself assessing the situation. Both windows were vulnerable to being broken and unfortunately they seemed big enough to allow the stooped creatures entry. Shifting her position to better avoid Varris, Ki'lia took aim at the ghoul closet to her and let loose a hail of barbed bolts from her trusty repeater. She was greeted both the loud thud of bolts slamming in the chests and arm of her target. "So long as we can keep them in a bottle neck we should be fine," said Ki'lia, though she did not believe this whole heartedly. An angry hiss emanted from the cracked lips of her victim and the ghoul sprang towards Ki'lia, being shot had made it fairly angry something that Ki'lia was soon about to learn...

Khaleth: Passing the crossbow along to Izzyra, Khaleth drew his sword and shield and readied himself for combat. He took a defensive stance, intent to let those armed with ranged weapons do as much damage as possible. Calling out a suggestion to Varris, Khaleth was surprised to note the Druchii commander acknowledge what he had said and quickly stepped out of the way of any incoming fire while still maintaining a defensive position. His reflexes that had been honed from years of combat kicked in after the ghoul closet to him sprang into action and charged towards Ki'lia, whom had just sent several bolts into the creature. With a wide sweep of his sword, Khaleth brought the sharpened steel in contact with the charging ghoul. The combined momentum of the ghoul and the sword promptly severing its head, which bounced to a stop at Ki'lia's feet, even as a black ichor oozed from the neck of the dead body.

Diana: With the prospect of steady and continued employment before her, Diana was determined to prove her worth. Taking a steady, two-handed grip on her handbow, the shade sent a hail of barbed death thudding into the first ghoul. The bolts made a veritable mess of the ghoul and it quickly fell to the ground were it lay, thrashing and mewling like some demented cat. Diana's eyes flashed between her victim and the window that was vulnerable to being broken and allowing entry of more ghouls into the tavern.

Izzyra: The aura of fear seemed to have a greater affect upon Izzyra than the others. Perhaps she was a whimp or maybe the visions and dreams that had begun to plague her seemed to have a demoralising effect. Regardless, the rogue steeled herself and graciously accepted the proffered crossbow. Not wanting to disappoint her colleagues. Izzyra quickly found a grip and took aim at the window, intent upon covering Khaleth's back. As the window smashed and a set of scabbed, dirty hands found a handgrip and pulled itself inside, Izzyra launched a hail of barbed death at the ghoul. Luck seemed to be on her side as the bolts crashed into the head and shoulders of the ghoul that had just appeared at the window, killing it instantly.

Varris' armoured foot crashed down upon the skull of the ghoul that Diana had greviously wounded, promptly ending its screams and thrashing. Even as he ended its degenerate life two more ghouls entered the fray, replacing the recently deceased. In addition to the remaining original ghoul and the two that filed in form the doors, two ghouls also entered through the windows. Our intrepid heroes were outnumbered and there seemed to be yet more ghouls awaiting their flesh in the darkness.

OOC: Okay well done. You have manged to kill off 3 ghouls so far. Only 9 left. You now have 5 before you: 3 at the door and 1 at EACH window.

===_========[]=========_=====
-----G6----------G2,4,5----------G7
-----------------V-----K
--------------------------------I
------------D--------Ki

Key
[] Door
= Wall
_ Window
G# Ghoul
V ~ Varris
K ~ Khaleth
I ~ Izzyra
D ~ Diana
Ki ~ Ki'lia

Thanks to everyone for posting by the deadline, it is much appreciated.

DEADLINE: Monday 16th November
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Kaine's heart how many of these things are out there? Ki'lia wondered, the growling and scraping at the walls was perhaps more unnerving than the degenerate beasts snarling in the room it’s self.
Our necromantic mystery man certainly doesn't do things by halves, I wonder where the rest of the town’s people are? Then again if I saw a swarm of scabbed and snarling ghouls trying to rip apart people I had no reason to help I might just make myself scarce too.

There was little time to ponder such things however, more ghouls forced their way in by the moment and they appeared to have found the windows. That wouldn't do at all. Stepping calmly over the severed head bouncing toward her feet Ki'lia raised her crossbow once more.

Izzyra, she said as she aimed for the bodies scrabbling at the door
And you, new girl. Keep those windows covered! We cannot let them gain a foot hold inside.

That said Ki'lia herself focused once more upon the doorway, acutely aware of what would happen should Varis or Khaleth find themselves overwhelmed. Taking great care not to hit her companions Ki'lia squeezed the trigger, sending bolt after bolt streaking toward the head of the centremost fiend. Things were under control, just about...for the moment. It was times like these she was glad that she had chosen a mercenary life, not that she had had many other options. Adrenaline pumping, heart racing and no monsters much more than six feet high. Yes, she was glad she chose a mercenary life. Just about...for the moment.
Ki'lia will request of Izzyra and Diana (sounds nicer that way) that they cover the windows, starting with the ghouls already climbing through them. She herself shall fire between Varis and Khaleth at the ghoul in the centre of the doorway (ghoul 4).
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Hearing Ki'lia's shout Diana spun on her heel to face the window, swiftly drawing her other handbow in a move of almost balletic grace. She waited a second to steady her aim and then opened fire at the ghoul, aiming primarily at its heart and brain hoping to kill it out right. She knew from bitter experiance that an injured enemy could be even more dangerous then a healthy one. As long as she could keep the creatures at a distance and prevent more then one getting through the window at a time she was confident of victory. At least these creatures aren't shooting back. Once again her memory flashed back to that fateful day, fleeing through a forest from the vengeful clutches of an enraged clan of shades and even her own comrades. It was not an experiance she wished to repeat.

Diana will draw her second handbow and fire both at ghoul 6 aiming primarily at its head and heart. If she brings it down without killing it and the window remains clear she will advance and finish it off with her sword.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Khaleth was once more surprised at what undead could do, these specimens in particular seemed to be quite the jumpers. After seeing two bolts hit home in the centremost Ghoul, Khaleth hadn't expected it to jump for Ki'lia quite that fast.

Luckily for Ki'lia expectation isn't something Khaleth relies on in combat. His instincts hit home and in a rotating reflex he managed to decapitate the enemy Ghoul, after this immediately regaining his balance and focusing on the rightmost Ghoul, although keeping his position so that not one of these monstrosities could pass through the door without him getting a blow at them.

From the corner of his eye he saw a Ghoul entering through the rightmost window. Fearing the worst he spat out some words in between thrusts and parries I trust it you ladies... can spare some time to cover those windows! Followed by another blow to his shield and a swing from his sword.

I'm sure both Varris and I would be most... annoyed if you happen to let some in.

Khaleth will basically do the same, fight defensively, don't let anything in. He relies on his allies to cover the windows

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Izzyra was definitely afraid; horrified even, but she somehow managed to nail the first ghoul climbing through the window dead on despite her trembling hands. Her marksmanship wasn't exactly exceptional even on a good day, so it definitely had to be luck more than anything else, but in this situation, luck was extremely welcome.

She tried to reload as quickly as she could, but her nervous fumbling of the crossbow finally resulted in the trigger mechanism getting jammed, and so nothing happened when she pulled the trigger other than a low clicking sound. Unfortunately for Izzyra, another of the hideous creatures had made it inside the building while she'd been busy with her weapon, and it was either going to come after her or pounce on Khaleth's back which she was supposed to be covering.

The prospect of facing that thing in melee combat struck fear directly into the young Druchii's heart, but at the same time, she realized that if Khaleth and Varris fell, she would next with no possibility of escape. She was almost paralyzed with fear as her legs refused to move for a second, but she managed to muster up all of her willpower and snap out of it before it was too late, breaking into a sprint towards the ghouls ahead of her.
Dropping her crossbow to the ground, she drew both of her daggers as she ran, opting not to use her short sword for this particular encounter, since she hoped to slay her target instantly before it could react. Instead of going directly towards it, she circled towards her right, attempting to get out of the ghoul's immediate line of sight so that it would spot Khaleth and go for him instead, which would allow her to strike from behind and slit its throat, thus avoiding a direct confrontation.

Izzyra will drop her crossbow, draw her two daggers and run towards ghoul 7 in a sort of arc towards the right. If the ghoul ends up going for Khaleth and facing away from her, she'll charge at it from behind, ramming her left dagger into its side right before reaching over the beast's shoulder to slit its neck with her right hand dagger. If the ghoul ends up facing her instead, she'll throw her main hand (right) dagger at its chest when she gets within ten feet and then she'll close the rest of the distance by sliding as low as she can, hoping to avoid the claws. She'll draw her short sword mid slide to replace the dagger she threw, attempting to cut one of the ghoul's legs off or at least damage one of them very badly with it. After that, she'll scramble to her feet and try to finish the thing off as quickly as possible while being very careful not to get slashed by its claws.

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

OOC: Hey guys sorry I haven't posted, I apologise immensely. Unfortunately I won't be able to post till tomorrow, as I am trying to sort out unpaid Schoolies funds from different parties as well as Uni/End of term crap. I really do apologise for not posting on monday.

I'll definitely post by tomorrow and I thought I'd all let you know that I am still here.

regards,
T'Keela
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

The scrape of claws on wood never seemed to cease. It reverberated in the skulls of the all warriors, echoing their inevitable doom. Even though Khaleth and Varris held the door, claws reached out over the bodies in the doorway, attempting to score a mark upon either of the elves. Even as ghouls climbed through the windows, more scampered up and attempted to climb in after their fellows. Things looked grim for the heroes, even as they steeled themselves and prepared for battle!

Ki'lia: Barking a command to Izzyra, Ki'lia took aim at those that stood before her. With five ghouls left in the room and many more outside, the elf took a firm hold with her crossbow and lined up her target. With a practiced arm, she let loose and saw her bolts fly towards the ghoul between the two melee combatants. Fortunately for her, the bolts just missed the head of Khaleth by mere inches. Both thudded into the skull of the ghoul, quickly ending its unlife.

Diana: WIth a grin, the elf took aim and launched a veritable storm of bolts crashing into her target. The force of incoming shots, abruptly pushed it out the window and as it fell out, so did those trying to climb in.

Khaleth: His heart froze for a moment as the bolt passed harmlessly through his hair. Just as quickly as the missile passed by him, Khaleth's fighting instincts kicked in and raised his shield. Diseased claws harmlessly raked against the hardened steel. Striking back quickly Khaleth managed to sever one of its hands. Bad breath and vicious howls greeted Khaleth, the one handed beast came loping towards him, trailing blood along the rotting wood floor.

Izzyra: Breaking out into a sprint, Izzyra drew her daggers and set her sights on the ghoul closest to her. Even as she began running, the creature started running towards Izzyra, its claws raking along the floor and slobber dripping from its filthy maw. Throwing one of the daggers in her hands at the creature, it hit the beast squarely in the chest. Roaring in rage, the beast reached a dirty claw out and aimed a swipe of its claws at the rogue's head, without seeming to notice the dagger in its chest.. Quickly dropping to the ground, Izzyra slid under the filthy claw and between its legs and brought her sword across its knee, severing it. Scrambling to her feet, Izzyra turned to finish off the creature, when long arms reached around and grabbed her. Warm, decaying breath was blown into her face and Izzyra swooned momentarily...

OOC: Izzyra has been grabbed by one ghoul, even as the wounded one drags itself towards her. The ghoul killed by Ki'lia has been replaced and the window that the ghoul fell out of currently has no ghouls trying to get through.

Deadline: Monday 7th December.

---------------G2,9,5---------
-----------------V-----K--------G8/I
---------------------------------G7
------------D--------Ki

Key
[] Door
= Wall
_ Window
G# Ghoul
V ~ Varris
K ~ Khaleth
I ~ Izzyra
D ~ Diana
Ki ~ Ki'lia
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ki'lia smiled with grim satisfaction as she saw her bolts slam home and the ghastly creature fall to the ground, the door at least was holding. But there appeared to be no end of the things, fear and anger warred inside the young elf, leavened with good calm sense. The fear was pushed aside, for now at least.

A flash of movement caught Ki'lia's eye and she cursed under her breath as she saw Izzyra's rash charge.
Damn it why can't that girl ever do what she's told. Time enough for blade work if they break through. But berating her impetuous companion wasn't going to be all that helpful, how to save her without getting into the same position? The ghoul could end Izzyra's life any second, and yet she did not want to close with the enemy, not when it meant giving up their greatest advantage. Superior position and a measure of discipline were all that were keeping their little band alive and they could afford to give up neither.

Making her decision Ki'lia turned on the spot, long braids flying unnoticed behind her. Focusing she forced herself to calmness, concentrating on her breathing to quiet her hammering heart. Long years of hated servitude had taught her much, and sleepless mornings spent in the training yards had taught her more. Sighting down the length of her crossbow as she had been trained her finger caressed the trigger gently. This was an incredibly tricky shot and fraught with risk, but it was the only thing she had time for.

Letting out a long, deep breath Ki'lia aimed squarely at the temple of the ghoul griping her companion in its fetid embrace, and pulled the trigger.

Ki'lia will aim very carefully at the head of the ghoul holding Izzyra and fire a single bolt, hopefully killing it and freeing Izzyra.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Score. Diana watched with great satisfaction as the ghoul tumbled backwards out of the window, from the sounds that followed she could tell that it had meet some of its companions on its way down.

A cry from her right attracted Diana's attention and she turned to see Izzyra held in the clutches of a ghoul. It seemed that the elf had a real talent for trouble as another ghoul was crawling towards her, although judging from the knife in its stomach she obviously wasn't that hopeless.

She also noticed that Izzyra's cry had also attracted the attention of Ki'lia who had turned to fire with her crossbow. Quickly judging the angle Diana guessed Ki'lia was aiming for the ghoul who had Izzyra locked in an embrace. I hope you can shoot straight. Thought Diana as she switched her own aim to the prone ghoul and released half a dozen bolts at it, finally emptying her handbow's clip.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Khaleth's breath stopped for a second as a bolt raced past his head and only missed him by a fraction. It thudded straight into one of the Ghoul's skull and killed it instantly.
Damn that girl can shoot!

He quickly raised his shield to deflect the foul beasts incoming attacks and was reminded of the value of quality gear. While retaining a defensive fighting style he managed to dismember one of the foul beasts and so to eliminate part of the threat.

He noticed Ki'lia stopped shooting through the door and heard sounds behind him that promised no good whatsoever. When a volley of bolts, coming from his left side past him he was certain something had gone wrong.

The amount of Ghouls coming through the door was a bigger problem however, he had to keep his position to stop them from being overwhelmed, trusting that his allies are able to defend his rear.

Taking the offensive to the ghoul he does decide to step a bit forward, pushing the ghoul back towards the door, so creating more room behind him and whatever comes in from behind and narrowing the doorway for new ghouls to come through.

Using the advantage gained by dismembering the ghoul he will start the offensive on his foe, attacking from the handless side, as to not open up his defenses. His goal is to quickly eliminate this one ghoul and move slightly forward, to narrow the doorway even more with his shield.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

Until now all had seemed to be going in favour of the young band of warriors. Only three ghouls remained outside and currently the situation inside seemed to be under control. Though sometimes a persons actions can be an agent of change and result in a sudden turn of events...

Ki'lia: Even as the fear abated for the moment, the disciplined Druchii warrior had little time to plan her next course of action. The group was still out numbered and there was mostly likely more of the creatures outside. Her last shot had transfixed her previous target between the eyes and it died without another stale breath. She smiled as she saw Khaleth's frame tense slightly at how close by her bolt had passed his head, but just as she her training disciplined her, so had his and he quickly snapped back to matters at hand. It was the cry of fear that alerted her to the events which had so suddenly gotten out of hand. Or at least had just become worse. Izzyra ever the fool had rushed into combat and in doing so had managed to be grabbed from behind by one of the creatures that attempted to bury its foetid jaws into her neck, while another debilitated ghoul dragged itself along the ground towards her. Cursing naivety and youth, Ki'lia took aim and fired at the ghoul. Time seemed to slow around her, as her bolt soared through the air and it seemed its course would take it too far out of reach. Nevertheless the bolt struck home and crashed in through the creatures skull and out the other sided, causing the creatures head to burst and cover Izzyra in grey matter and blood.

Diana: Even as the elf grinned at the death of her latest target, she was drawn into another conflict as one of her potential companions was grabbed from behind and a second creature dragged itself towards the same elf. Diana considered the girl a fool the position she had landed herself in, though she did have to give the girl some credit for at least placing a knife in the stomach of the beast. Seeing that the creature on the ground was almost within arms reach, Diana emptied the last of the clip into the ghoul that was hauling itself across the ground. Just as her target fell limp upon the ground, Diana saw a spray of red and grey coat the young elf she had just saved.

Khaleth: With grim satisfaction Khaleth acknowledge the benefits of quality equipment. The constant scrape of claws against his shield would most likely have chilled many to the bone, however Khaleth's warrior discipline kept his mind still and in the midst of combat he was able to dismember one of his opponents. Even as he did this, Khaleth pushed home the advantage; taking a step forward and attempting to make the opening smaller and prevent even less ghouls from gaining a foothold into the room. Aiming his sword at the already damaged side of his target. The folded steel found its marked and was able to cut through a sizable portion of the creature. It tumbled backwards out of the door almost in two halves and Khaleth took this as his opportunity to use his shield to block off more of the door way.

Commander Varris held against two of the ghouls, his spiked armour as much of a weapon as the deadly blade held in his hands. Seizing a gap in the tireless attack of the ghoul, Varris slew one of the ghouls before him and kicked the other towards the door. Similarly to Khaleth he took a step towards the door closing up much of the space that was previously available. Though many ghouls still remained and it seemed that two more had clambered through the windows.

Deadline: 1st of January

---G11-----------G9-------------G10-----
------------------VK---------------I------
---------------------------------
------------D--------Ki

Key
[] Door
= Wall
_ Window
G# Ghoul
V ~ Varris
K ~ Khaleth
I ~ Izzyra
D ~ Diana
Ki ~ Ki'lia

OOC: Sorry about the delay. However with everyones cooperation I'd like to try and get this "battle" wrapped up before christmas. I know that alot of people may be overseas at this time and so I am leaving the posting deadline till after Christmas, until the 1st of January. Other than that I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Skills:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ha! Got the bastard! Ki'lia beamed as her shot hit home with a precision she had hardly dared hope for. It was without a doubt the finest shot she had ever managed in combat, and was matched by very few in training. As ever though, things were far from peaceful and more ghouls were forcing their way in by the moment.

"Izzyra, get back here! If you can't bring yourself to use a crossbow then at least wait as a reserve and counter attack if anything goes wrong. If you have any more bright ideas and run off again do not expect me to bail you out!

"New girl, good shooting. Take the left hand window and I shall cover the right-hand. If the men can hold the door maybe we can live to make a proper introduction."

Raising her repeater to her shoulder once more Ki'lia sighted the beast just as it dropped through the shattered window frame and onto the glass strewn, bloody floor. Without a meat shield she could once more use her weapon to full effect; hoping that Izzyra would finally see sense the young mercenary let loose a flurry of bolts.

Ki'lia will ask Izzrya either to return to her crossbow and add to her and Diana's fire however inept she may feel herself to be, or to act as a reserve and only intercept ghouls who have broken through the other defences. She also asks Diana to cover the left window again. Then she will fire a volley at ghoul number 10.

Gentleman of Moderation
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Khaleth heard Ki'lia shout and it was exactly as he had suspected. The young girl had done something rash. Thank god they managed to solve the problem though, I'm in no position.

He realized his sole objective was to keep this door shut off from intrusion, seeing how most of the enemies were outside here. He was running into a repetition, with most of his body blocked off from attacks by the doorway and his shield and the remaining part protected by his sword he could think more.

Izzyra! Check out the backdoor! It's old, moldy and currently unprotected. If it's clear the stairs. They might come from upstairs. Ladies, keep those windows clean, I think we might nearly be there.

He merely nodded at the commander in between blows.

With the withering corpse of the mystery-guest in his mind he decided to focus on defense. Stay alive, then kill when they open their defenses.

Khaleth will do the same thing he''s done all (monthlong) combat, fight defensively and rational. Taking out the ghouls one at a time, but most of all staying alive.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

As yet another creature fell to her shooting Diana quickly assesed the situation and saw that Ki'lia had hit her target as well, leaving Izzrya temporarily free of assailants. She should be able to look after herself now, thought Diana, and if she isn't she isn't worth saving.

In the meantime however another ghoul had gained access to the room through the window she was guarding. This time however her handbow was spent. Time to try something proactive. Taking her longsword in a two handed grip she charged towards the ghoul, her cloak billowing out behind her.

Aiming to finish her fight quickly Diana will aim to decapitate the ghoul with her first two handed blow. Should that fail she will keep her distance, occasionaly darting in to deliver a blow of her own but trying to avoid staying within arms reach of the ghoul. She will also take care not to present her back to the window.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

It's been close to a month since T'Keela's last post, and I've had no luck in reaching him. I assume he will not be coming back, or at least not within a reasonable time frame. I'm going to close this group so that everyone can return their character to the waiting pool.

Sorry it had to go like this.